It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposal would label bullets sold in Illinois with serial numbers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: Throes

why deface? bc you don't want anyone to know you killed someone?

I wouldn't but a criminal with bad intentions would and make this serial number useless.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
If I were an ammo manufacturer I would just keep making and selling ammo and not comply since it is an attack on the 2nd, which makes it illegal.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Not sure the problem.

Doesnt breach the 2nd as one can still have access to guns.

You just cant randomly shoot people which last time I checked want not a US right.

All BS. It does breach the second, and randomly murdering people is already illegal. Now if someone wants to murder you they can load their own ammo. All this would do is make the manufacturing of ammo more expensive to gun owners and more expensive to make, and it won't stop a single murder when someone really wants to commit murder. A law like this is IDIOTIC.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Just remember,

Laws only keep those who wish to obey them in check, it does absolutely nothing for people who are either in an emotional state or who doesn't care about the laws to begin with.

Gun Laws only stop the lawful, they don't do much for the lawless.

Do you think the person sitting infront of their home who get's hit by gang gun fire is going to benefit from serial numbers on a bullet?

What about the road rage incident, will that make the person stop and think before they do something stupid?

Not to mention if bullets and guns become an issue, the tech to make a railgun that could shoot ANY projectile isn't that hard to create now a days either, how will you put a serial number on a projectile that could be anything? Because that's where the future is going, not with self contained gunpowder bullets.

I never hear anyone really say it's more our state of the nation's overall mindset and atmosphere that's the issue and not the 2nd ammendment we've had for more than 225 years.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
It's an absolutely brilliant idea and one I would support.

However, for some of the reasons other posters have mentioned, it is impractical.

In an ideal world where all thefts were reported and it didn't raise the cost of ammunition, it would go a long way to stopping some people committing crime.

It is an absolutely stupid idea that will have zero impact on committing crime. It might have some potential for impact on solving crime, but even that is highly dependent on the alignment of the stars and planets in the investigating officer's horoscope - and as long as the bad guys only murder water jugs or blocks of ballistic gelatin that allow the bullet to be recovered mostly intact.

The sole function of the proposal is to add a further barrier to exercising the right. Just like 99% of firearms-related restrictive access laws (both currently and historically) it also specifically targets minorities by seeking to introduce requirements they will have difficulty meeting or just plain price them out of the legitimate market. It's just another Jim Crow law; just like all the other Jim Crow laws, it's the left that is pushing it and supporting it the most.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join