It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Proposal would label bullets sold in Illinois with serial numbers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: crazyewok
Not sure the problem.

Doesnt breach the 2nd as one can still have access to guns.

You just cant randomly shoot people which last time I checked want not a US right.

How does a serial number magically stop one from "randomly shooting" somebody? Serial numbers on guns don't stop one from "randomly shooting" somebody.

It's already illegal to "randomly shoot" somebody. Putting serial numbers on individual rounds won't make it illegal-er to do so.

I never said it was a good idea or that it would work did I?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Or you could just pick up the casing and walk away, as I assume trying to put a serial number on a bullet that will deform when fired is kinda pointless.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
What happens when you cast and reload your own bullets? Many casters out there.

Exactly.... sounds like a sneaky ploy to eliminate reloading equipment, by making it Illegal... to have non # ammo in your possession. If they control the ammo, well then, they control the whole works.

Don't worry, if the Mexi's are importing tons of pot coke and meth into the US, it just might be profitable to import bullets as well. or instead....

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

You can already buy ammo from other countries, Russian made ammo is everywhere. Heck, I saw some for sale at Gander Mountain just the other day. I see absolutely no point in this law.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: crazyewok

Maybe you didn't read the OP. It explains pretty clearly why it's a dumb idea.

I don't see anyone calling for serial numbers on every percocet or other prescription drug that kills far more people in the US every year than guns.

Didnt say it was a great idea.

Just it doesnt breach the 2nd.

Umm yes it actually does. WHat good are ARMS when you cant LOAD THEM? Making ammo so espensive no one can buy it but the wealthy IS a breach. Its just a loophole they are trying to exploit because its not specifically stated but implied as part of the second amendment.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
So don't buy bullets in IL. Problem solved. Its not like criminals follow the law anyway.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

I don't see anyone calling for serial numbers on every percocet or other prescription drug that kills far more people in the US every year than guns.

Umm yes it actually does. WHat good are ARMS when you cant LOAD THEM? Making ammo so espensive no one can buy it but the wealthy IS a breach. Its just a loophole they are trying to exploit because its not specifically stated but implied as part of the second amendment.

You can still buy ammo.

The 2nd at no point grantees cost.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

You can still buy ammo.

The 2nd at no point grantees cost.

I said it didnt SPECIFY COST but its Implicit you be able to GET AMMO and since the majority of people cannot create it themselves they have to buy it or have it provided to them. Cant have a armed militia without Ammo. This is why I hate lawyers because they are such scum they use the laws against who they should protect. but you are from Europe so your opinion dont reaLLY matter on this one i am afraid.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
Since when did criminals worry about such things??.. Also how does illegal shipments become stamped after they leave the factor or come into the state???..

Oh they don't, back to the drawing board...

RA

Simple, it catches on and becomes a federal regulation that all 50 states follow for domestically produced or imported ammo.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
If someone wanted to stop TPTB, it could be done a lot more effectively and cheaper with a box of 'Ohio Blue Tips' or a keg of roofing nails. Stop traffic and commerce and watch the gooberment attacks falter and fail. If their tactical attack vehicles cant move, do you think they will do it on foot....lol lol oh, I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It's a gateway law- one if they can get away with, they can use it to justify other, worse laws.

This doesn't do anything to catch criminals- even if the serial is intact. It allows them to track where the ammo was manufactured, and if a bunch of other laws are put into place, where it was eventually sold to a consumer- who isn't linked to the purchase in any way.

Unless of course they have a cellphone in their pocket during the purchase, (see how target tracks customers- it isn't just them) or are on camera (hint- they are) or pay with a credit card.
of course, all of that data is privvy to the NSA, not your local cops.
Yet.

If this goes through, the next step is to have to show ID and get logged into a database for which ammo you bought, and having non # ammo confiscated and carriers fined.

The founding fathers didn't think we'd be dumb enough to let our rights get this far eroded to actually worry about ammo not being available to everyone. It was a household staple back then.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

eh not all fire arms eject spent casings,its why the mafia liked revolvers for hitwork. double barels(sxs over and under) also dont eject until opened revolvers derringers etc and the ones that do eject can be fitted with brass catchers

another issue is what happens to re-loaders,could brass picked up at the range later be used for crimes by other people? dont see this doing much and like others have said they will just go out of state to buy ammo ,or i guess they could just put the SN on their own shells with permanent markers instead of engraving them

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
In Calif the first of next year you will have to have a background check each time you buy ammo.
www.wnd.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
registration of firearms via ammo won't work either.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Doesn't infringe on the 2nd at all. Meanwhile...

NRA: 'The overwhelming majority of gun owners are responsible law abiding citizens with nothing to fear from law enforcement.'

Someone proposes serial numbers on bullets, making it easier to trace people who commit gun crimes without implicating the wrong person.

NRA: 'IF THEY FIND OUT WHAT WE'VE BEEN USING OUR GUNS FOR WE ARE ALL SCREWED! THIS IS AN ATTACK ON OUR FREEDOMS!!!'

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join