It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

"Alt-Right": A Movement? An Ideology? An Ethnicity? WHAT is it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss Ask Milo Yiannopoulis, alt right is a

link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss Ask Milo Yiannopoulis, alt right is a cool

link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss Ask Milo Yiannopoulis, alt right is a more hip version of repressed conservatives.
edit on 31-8-2016 by beeyotch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: beeyotch

[Im alt right, I could care less about religious policy, abortion , gay marriage and a whole host of stances that have ruined the republican party. There is no racism but we will call out hypocrisy. We want legalization of cannabis, freedom of speech and we aren't your stuffy religious type of conservative. ]

All of those things you just mentioned are ANATHEMA to the alt-right.

You are a liberal -- congratulations. Don't associate yourself with alt-right, you aren't one of them.

WTH, is that alt right or not, that paragraph you just quoted??

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss Yea that's alt right, it was basically founded by Milo Yiannopolis. I am liberal of some things but these liberals these days are nut bags and dangerous.

edit on 31-8-2016 by beeyotch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: TheBulk

That is crap.

I couldn't care less about BLM, they are just as bad. Alt-right is the lunatic fringe. BLM is a mob, and so are Trump rally-goers.

The "alt-right" are people who are out of touch with reality, and get their kicks fearmongering and making gullible readers hysterical, irrational, and full of false ideas.

Just as bad? How so? People associated with the alt right haven't been engaged in any violence, any racism or anything like BLM. So how are you comparing them exactly?
edit on 31-8-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk Im not comparing them, last guy was, Im saying alt right is nothing like BLM.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: beeyotch
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss Ask Milo Yiannopoulis, alt right is a more hip version of repressed conservatives.

That's weird because I always Associated the alt right with people on the right who weren't conservatives or religious.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Those on the Alt-Right need to be careful now they are in Killarys crosshairs, and remember those who she likely had Ctrl-Alt-Deleted!

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
To give a fair example of this "label', I was in a debate a while back and was arguing against policing thought.

I felt that policing thought was draconian, authoritarian and was an anathema to freedom.

The person I was debating with tried labeling me with these terms simply because I believed that you cannot censor/police an individuals "thinking".

This is a common tactic. Label your opponent as something so vile, that the person will change his/her stance simply to avoid being labeled as whatever they were being labeled as.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Breitbart itself is, according to Bannon, an alt-right haven. Milo Yammerlottapissy's "Manifesto" explains it (this is from last spring).

Part of this is down to the alt-right’s addiction to provocation. The alt-right is a movement born out of the youthful, subversive, underground edges of the internet. 4chan and 8chan are hubs of alt-right activity. For years, members of these forums – political and non-political – have delighted in attention-grabbing, juvenile pranks. Long before the alt-right, 4channers turned trolling the national media into an in-house sport.

They are the basement dwellers who are revelling in shooting off their keyboards, being crass, disrespectful, intentionally offensive, and it hurts their eyes to come out into the sun. They are about being anonymous and cheeky and disrespectful of anything and everything that isn't white male -- they like to troll. They hate everyone and everything -- or at least say they do.

The History of [and What You Need to Know About] the "alt-right"

So what, exactly, is the "alt-right"?

The views of the alt-right are widely seen as anti-Semitic and white supremacist.

It is mostly an online movement that uses websites, chat boards, social media and memes to spread its message. (Remember the Star of David image that Trump received criticism for retweeting? That reportedly first appeared on an alt-right message board.)

Most of its members are young white men who see themselves first and foremost as champions of their own demographic.

However, apart from their allegiance to their "tribe," as they call it, their greatest points of unity lie in what they are against: multiculturalism, immigration, feminism and, above all, political correctness.

That explains why they're so abrasive. They're trying to be.

Wiki entry

The alt-right is a segment of right-wing ideologies presented as an alternative to mainstream conservatism in the United States.[1][2] It has been described as a movement unified by support for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump,[3][4] as well as by opposition to multiculturalism and immigration.[5]

The Alt-Right, Explained in Its Own Words

A whole lot has been written lately about the alt-right, that insurgent, Internet-born identity movement that seems dead-set on swallowing the Republican party whole. The mainstream press has tried to define it. The alt-right press has tried to defend it.

But over the past five days or so, we’ve also heard from a different demographic all together: The ordinary Internet foot soldiers of the alt-right are attempting to explain themselves to normies on Twitter. (Normie, for you normies in the audience, is derogatory image-board slang for safe, mainstream people — presumably, the exact sorts who haven’t embraced the movement.)
The alt-right has no official ideology, although various sources have said that it is associated with white nationalism,[5][6][7] white supremacism,[3][8][9] antisemitism,[2][5][10] right-wing populism,[6][11] nativism,[12][13] and the neoreactionary movement.[14][15][16]

The alt-right has been said to be a largely online movement with Internet memes widely used to advance or express its beliefs, often on websites such as 4chan.[10][15][17]

Basically, it's a group of internet trolls with conduct disorder who don't give a damn about conduct, but rather, try to be as offensive and juvenile as possible. They are young white loudmouths, and sensationalist hysterics who like to make trouble, and who like Trump. Trolls.
They are trolls.

And you all claim "no one has manners anymore!" Yep - the internet has killed manners.

edit on 8/31/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: kruphix

Okay, so you're agreeing that the RACIAL targeting of whites has made white people react (naturally), and that is what defines "Alt-Right"? So counter-racists are "Alt-Right", and are therefore racists?

Woah, what a mindjob!!!

I'll let you clarify on this, but please do be sure and apply a proper category definition to the notion you present... pretty please!

I thought it was a group of pathetic individuals upset that they aren't thought of as a particularly 'special' demographic as such and who think others get more attention. They tend to make posts in all sorts of social media (of which ATS is one branch) along the lines of 'What the world would look like without all of the achievements of white straight Christian males', without having the intelligence or humility to consider that it's precisely because society empowered only that group for centuries that they can make such a statement.

Mind you, got to be careful... if you say anything they don't like you are clearly a social justice warrior fit for nothing.

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

There's just one problem with this whole rant of yours.

This:

The man of the future will be of mixed race. Today's races and classes will gradually disappear owing to the vanishing of space, time, and prejudice. The Eurasian-Negroid race of the future, similar in its appearance to the Ancient Egyptians, will replace the diversity of peoples with a diversity of individuals. ...
Instead of destroying European Jewry, Europe, against its own will, refined and educated this people into a future leader-nation through this artificial selection process. No wonder that this people, that escaped Ghetto-Prison, developed into a spiritual nobility of Europe. Therefore a gracious Providence provided Europe with a new race of nobility by the Grace of Spirit. This happened at the moment when Europe's feudal aristocracy became dilapidated, and thanks to Jewish emancipation.

This guy then went on and more or less founded the European Union. To this day they give out prizes in his name. People like Merkel and Van Rompuy win these.

So if he is telling it like it is, and the people that were and are in power fully supported his ideas, and we can see that they are actually following his ideas because their policies fully mirror them. Where does that leave us?

I guess there is a conspiracy against white people and I guess it's historically documented but yet amazingly almost no one has even heard about this guy. Very strange don't you think? And people may call it a conspiracy against white people but really it's just a conspiracy against people, all people. It just so happens to include this aspect of racial mixing because that way they can remove people from their roots and do away with different traditions and cultures and more easily divide people against each other. They've already ruined the Third World so Western civilisation is almost all that's left for them to ruin.

Yeah there are idiot college students who get butthurt over cultural "appropriation" and need "safe spaces," critical race theorist professors blathering about "microagressions," third-wave feminist Tumblr misandrists and even the far less common black separatists on Twitter with #killallwhitemen hashtags but how much of the general population do these people actually represent? Less than .25%? .5%?

It doesn't matter if they were really just three people. It's the dominant force in politics, progressivism means a steady progression and those SJW kids are just the latest batch produced by the universities. No, what really matters is that the people in control are following this cultural Marxist agenda(say whatever you want, it's a name and it's apt) and they are not listening to the concerns of their constituencies, they are not open to criticism in the least. But not only are they not listening or willing to budge even an inch, they are directly attacking anyone that disagrees with their ideas.

Try even having an opinion about immigration in Europe that isn't sanctioned by the government and the media and see what happens. So no, this isn't just about a few crazy kids.. these kids are just the useful idiots. You think George Soros and these types are all about equality? If they were all about equality maybe they wouldn't have plundered and ruined the Third World ever since WWII. If they were all about equality maybe they would give away their billions of dollars.

link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Alt-right is the new Neo-con. No one will be able to give you a pat answer. It's just the newest pejorative cooked up to label your ideological opponent if you're on the left.

Neo-con contained shades of war-monger, but now that Obama owns the continuing Middle Eastern conflict they can't continue to use it as effectively, so they need a new label. This time, they're bundling all their racial angst into it as the next big thing to make people feel bad about being labeled.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
I thought it was a group of pathetic individuals upset that they aren't thought of as a particularly 'special' demographic as such and who think others get more attention. They tend to make posts in all sorts of social media (of which ATS is one branch) along the lines of 'What the world would look like without all of the achievements of....

Aww shucks. I thought you were building up to describing SJW's for a minute there!

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Makes sense, but one correction: NEOCON's were very real. Very 'specific' (although often indistinguishable from the NeoLiberals). Very destructive. Etc. I spent many years online with liberal's, everyday, countering their power strangle hold, as proven by my 2008 film: NEOCON WARS

The Media were in on it, and so was most the DNC, until the damage was done and then they flip flopped to use it to set themselves up in the White House (to more or less carry on business as the usual, for the most part, the past 8 years). Actions speak louder than words of course, where The Obama it was mainly just a big switch in PRopaganda.
edit on 31-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

a reply to: Sublimecraft

Hrmmm....

Well, "white identity" IS under attack, by PC, which IS racism!

As such, I'm against it, as I'm against the War On Drugs which targets minorities. That's my rhetoric.

If that (being anti-PC) makes me "Alt-Right" then so be it, although I dont care for their smear notions.

Under this notion, then the definition is its an anti-PC "ideology"? Does that include anybody anti-PC??? If so I have a hard time categorizing it as an proper Ideology,therefore we're still lost under my impression of this whole affair...

I have never understood terms like "white identity"; what must be so fundamentally flawed in the thinking of a person who is comfortable not only with being placed in a category created by someone else, but with defining their own identity by it. It seems that the bizarre need to fit in, to be accepted and validated by others, has somehow become greater than the desire for individual expression and identity. That is not a concept that I can even begin to relate to.

The issue of race is nothing more than a construct; the sole purpose of which is to separate people, create division, polarity. Aside from a few genetically exclusive physical traits, which only exist because of adaptive evolution necessary for life in their given racial place of origin, human beings are fundamentally the same. Skin color is a genetic trait. It should not define the person who's walking around in it every day.

Political correctness is an insidious thing. It only exists because ignorant, disrespectful people made it necessary in the first place, but it has become a blight upon this nation. It is both a convenient tool for controlling the easily triggered masses and a crutch for the weak, the intellectually lazy, and the entitled to trot out so that they can get away with whatever they please.

No grown ass adult should ever need anybody to tell them that it's not OK to make derogatory comments about others, or call people names, or degrade people of the opposite sex, or mock people for their beliefs or cultural values, or handicaps, or belittle people for the color of their skin or their weight or what they choose to wear.

Unfortunately, however, laws exist in this country that punish people for choosing to behave that way...and they exist because enough people have actually chosen to behave that way that it became necessary to do something about it. It wasn't like they got bored one day and decided to make up some laws against discrimination...there was actually a problem, and it was a very big problem.

However, something else that all humans share is the intrinsic desire for justice when they have been wronged. And if they're wronged enough times, they're going to start only expecting more of the same. That in turn translates into the destructive habit of looking for signs of being further wronged and that, and as is often the case, results in them finding those signs everywhere.

Pretty soon, paranoia becomes anger, then rage mixed with a sense of entitlement. Get enough people together who see those signs too and adopt the same sense of entitlement, and pretty soon you've got a cause. Get a group of hateful, vindictive, emotionally volatile people running the operation, and you've got a nightmare waiting to happen.

And the shared human trait that has become most dominant in all of this insanity is the desire to win. To be right, no matter what it takes. No matter who gets hurt in the process. No one wants to be the one to compromise. And the longer it goes on without being resolved, the worse it will become.

It seems this Alt-right movement is simply more of the same. A direct challenge to the BLM camp. As the overall public attention wanes from the BLM drama, along comes some opposition on a mission to breathe new life into the conflict. The American public is being played. This is simply more of the supporting cast. No worries...the Fat Lady will be along shortly.

edit on 31097America/ChicagoWed, 31 Aug 2016 07:09:03 -050031am31243America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

edit on 31117America/ChicagoWed, 31 Aug 2016 07:11:59 -050031am31243America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: damn you autocorrect...

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
I thought it was a group of pathetic individuals upset that they aren't thought of as a particularly 'special' demographic as such and who think others get more attention. They tend to make posts in all sorts of social media (of which ATS is one branch) along the lines of 'What the world would look like without all of the achievements of....

Aww shucks. I thought you were building up to describing SJW's for a minute there!

No, definitely alt-right. SJW's is a pejorative term for anyone who disagrees with statements by someone who follows (knowingly or otherwise) alt-right lines of thought but with the absence of any reasoned argument they are termed an SJW or a snowflake.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Alt-Right is anyone who disagrees with the leftist progressive ideology.

No it's not... it's literally white supremacy and nationalism re-branding themselves.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: DBCowboy
[Alt-Right is anyone who disagrees with the leftist progressive ideology.]

No it's not... it's literally white supremacy and nationalism re-branding themselves.

Okay. Your credibility around here is history in my eyes if you're seriously going to make such broad strokes as that, assuming it follows your sorts listings of examples of "Alt-Right" media personalities (everyone anti-PC / anti-Hillary / anti-Establishment) and 'member traits' (everyone anti-PC / anti-Hillary / anti-Establishment) in here.

For example, this idea that Alex Jones is "Alt-Right", and a "white supremacist". I've been very familiar with much of his work going back into the 90's... Until the past few years when he's taken an anti-PC stance his rhetoric never had much of anything to do with race, NOTHING to do with "white supremacy" that I ever saw.

Then there's Milo, the gay guy, isn't his "partner" black?
edit on 31-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join