It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

"Alt-Right": A Movement? An Ideology? An Ethnicity? WHAT is it?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

Richard Spencer coined the term:

You can also learn more about the whole thing at alternativeright.com, dailystormer.com, amren.com or takimag.com. All from the horses mouths.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

OR....

Your lot CANT respond to it.

It proves your entire movement is entirely Authoritarian already bordering on Totalitarian (already showing signs of being the stuff of Nazi Germany), that it's entirely hypocritical (surely the most hypocritical movement in all of human history), and that it's entire premise (saving all the "oppressed" people) is sham because if you were all about that then you'd all be united in tearing down the War On Drugs (which DOES harm minorities (blacks especially) the most). Yet you are not, in fact you guys aside from the big epic, in the focus 'save the backs' thread essentially none of you responded to it when I made, nor since even after I've been rubbing it in that it proves you're all liars.

Yeah i could have spent several more weeks editing and such, but its all there. It's DAMNING, and in the face of that you guys just keep hoping it will go away.

Any one of you could go in and try to pick apart any of the clearly laid out section but NOPE.
edit on 4-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Your lot CANT respond to it.

My lot? You are so obsessed with race now that all you can see is black and white. In case you haven't noticed, the Feds are no longer going to use private prisons and, as marijuana gets decriminalized in state after state, the so-called "war on drugs" is winding down. Are whites the only ones capable of racism? Of course not... no-one ever implied that they are. Are a lot of people of all different races and creeds, really, really angry these days? You betcha. What kind of response do you want to your raving? I agree that everyone but you is evil?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I didn't say race! It wasn't what I meant. But that's how you took it! So if anyone only sees race its you.
edit on 4-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I didn't say race! It wasn't what I meant. But that's how you took it! So if anyone only sees race its you.

I'm sorry, what exactly are you talking about here?

It proves your entire movement is entirely Authoritarian already bordering on Totalitarian (already showing signs of being the stuff of Nazi Germany), that it's entirely hypocritical (surely the most hypocritical movement in all of human history), and that it's entire premise (saving all the "oppressed" people) is sham because if you were all about that then you'd all be united in tearing down the War On Drugs (which DOES harm minorities (blacks especially) the most). Yet you are not, in fact you guys aside from the big epic, in the focus 'save the backs' thread essentially none of you responded to it when I made, nor since even after I've been rubbing it in that it proves you're all liars.

It sure sounds like you are angry at white people who are trying to help black people, when in fact what the white people are really doing is hurting the black people. Please explain. what your thread is about if it is not about race relations.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Alt right is obviously a reaction against all the groups pushing "minority" interests.
There's a feeling that people who have white skin are being denigrated and marginalised around the West. I don't think it's entirely erroneous, either.
Some examples.
if a company employs 50 people and they are all white, questions will be asked as to why. To get around this, small and large companies use monitoring so they can have an evidence trail to defend themselves against inevitable charges of racist recruitment policies.
What this means, is that in any given situation, a non swm wil have advantages as it looks better to have some on the interview list, even if they aren't as qualified as someone left off, or they'll progress to the subsequent stages, they mayt even get a high ranking job so that the company can point to the fact they have a non swm in managerial role.

Whenever there is a new TV show, some groups monitor it intensely to make sure that the swm is the bad guy and that there are roles (no matter how artificial they may be) for non swm's.

Here's a good one, a much hyped game coming out called Battlefield 1, The setting? World War One. Who is on the cover? Some black guy. Looks like a Yank uniform too. blogs-images.forbes.com...
Now, since something like 90% of those who fought, killed and died were white, why did they do this?
I'm not denying that there were some black troops (Mostlly French Empire troops and British West Africans, though the Brit ones were support troops).
Anyone not in denial can see why this was done, because not to do so would have resulted in a load of loud bitching from the anti swm groups out there, so the developers did it for a quiet life. Doesn't make it right though, does it?

I really think Alt-right is a reaction to that, to try and level things back out for those who identify as swm (or just wm, since you can't tell someone's sexuality by looking at them).

Everytime someone tries to criticise the de-whitening of culture or history they are branded a racist, if they don't want to vote for Obama, they are labelled racist, if they want to vote Brexit, they are labelled racist. It's got to the stage where the average person can't complain about any of it without being branded racist, so what do they do? They retreat into Alt-right spheres where they aren't expected to apologise for every damned thing they are. And if Alt-right groups are also inhabited by actual Nazis, then they probably gave up caring. deciding that the hate levelled at them by everyone else is as unjustified as whatever slights the more moderate Alt-righters may feel they've suffered.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

If you were all trying to help black people then you'd be out Occupying the White House to end the racist War On Drugs. But you WONT, which proves its all just a charade.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Alt right is obviously a reaction against all the groups pushing "minority" interests.

Fair enough; it is mostly the working class white males who feel this way, though.

There's a feeling that people who have white skin are being denigrated and marginalised around the West. I don't think it's entirely erroneous, either.

It is erroneous.

Some examples.
if a company employs 50 people and they are all white, questions will be asked as to why. To get around this, small and large companies use monitoring so they can have an evidence trail to defend themselves against inevitable charges of racist recruitment policies.

This only comes up when minorities are consistently passed over in the hiring process. If equally well qualified minority candidates are not interviewed, they can bring a lawsuit. Companies try to avoid that by being as "color blind" as possible.

What this means, is that in any given situation, a non swm wil have advantages as it looks better to have some on the interview list, even if they aren't as qualified as someone left off, or they'll progress to the subsequent stages, they mayt even get a high ranking job so that the company can point to the fact they have a non swm in managerial role.

That is completely untrue:

This paper suggests that African-Americans face differential treatment when searching for jobs and this may still be a factor in why they do poorly in the labor market. Job applicants with African-American names get far fewer callbacks for each resume they send out. Equally importantly, applicants with African-American names find it hard to overcome this hurdle in callbacks by improving their observable skills or credentials.

public.econ.duke.edu...

Whenever there is a new TV show, some groups monitor it intensely to make sure that the swm is the bad guy and that there are roles (no matter how artificial they may be) for non swm's.

Could you name these groups? There are a variety of "anti-defamation" organization which monitor for racial and religious slurs and negative stereotypes, but they do not force producers to make straight white males the "bad guys." In fact, Arabs and (white) Russians seem to be the flavor of the month. Casting tends to be diverse because sponsors want to sell their products to as many people as possible, which means they want a cast that will attract as many ethnicities as possible to see their commercials.

Here's a good one, a much hyped game coming out called Battlefield 1, The setting? World War One. Who is on the cover? Some black guy. Looks like a Yank uniform too.

A nice way to appeal to a younger, more diverse market. The 14-18 War was a nightmare. No-one left alive remembers it. An authentic representation would have no appeal to anyone; at least this box cover might convince young men that it is not strictly for old white dudes.

Now, since something like 90% of those who fought, killed and died were white, why did they do this?
I'm not denying that there were some black troops (Mostlly French Empire troops and British West Africans, though the Brit ones were support troops).

I'm pretty sure Tommies and Doughboys did not shoot zeppelins out of the air with their broom-handle Mausers as the illustration suggests. Historical accuracy is clearly not what they are going for. Sitting around in a virtual trench filled knee deep with sewage for hours on end, only to be gunned down when you finally go over the top would make it one of the worst first person games of all time.

Anyone not in denial can see why this was done, because not to do so would have resulted in a load of loud bitching from the anti swm groups out there, so the developers did it for a quiet life. Doesn't make it right though, does it?

It had nothing to do with bitching and everything to do with marketing. Would this cover stop you from buying the game?

I really think Alt-right is a reaction to that, to try and level things back out for those who identify as swm (or just wm, since you can't tell someone's sexuality by looking at them).

Everytime someone tries to criticise the de-whitening of culture or history they are branded a racist,

De-whitening of history? Are whites the only people with a history? It is the denigration of other peoples' histories that is racist. (And yes, there is a lot of race based revisionism going on... any group that tries to deny another group's roots is as bad as any other.)

if they don't want to vote for Obama, they are labelled racist,

Only if they refuse to vote for him because he is black.

if they want to vote Brexit, they are labelled racist.

Only if they couple it with white supremacism.

It's got to the stage where the average person can't complain about any of it without being branded racist,

Much of what you are complaining about simply isn't so.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

If you were all trying to help black people then you'd be out Occupying the White House to end the racist War On Drugs. But you WONT, which proves its all just a charade.

The War On Drugs is over.

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 5-9-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

Was the Alt-Right the ones backing NORML? Was the Alt-Right complaining about the prison industry?
edit on 5-9-2016 by DJW001 because: Edits to fix links.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

That's right, he released 300+ people that had absurdly overblown sentences. Only another 700,000 to go...

Ending private prisons IS good, but it just means .gov prisons to house all the victims of the WOD.

States voting on MJ good, except Obama's ATF has MJ card holders now unable to buy firearms, his DEA didn't reschedule & just banned Kratom, his IRS is tax MJ business 70%, and so what.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

First point, where you said that companies interview or hire non swm s as untrue. It is true, I used to help out my manager with a lot of stuff and, being the lazy sod he was, he used to pass on tasks such as preparing interview lists. Always with the proviso that anyone from a minority got a look in. Just so HR would leave him alone.

If it doesn't carry weight, then there shouldn't be a monitoring form with an application.

As for games, nice swerve there, How would it be if a game about Shaka and the rise of the Zulu nation figured a white guy with an assagi on the cover because they wanted to sell it to Russia? That would rightly be pilloried by large sections of the population.

As for cultures all over the world air brushing history, yes, absolutely it happens. That's why groups of people formed to make a noise about it. The trouble is, it goes beyond that now and there are people moaning whenever their chosen group is underrepresented, whether or not it's unfairly.

Remember the black stormtrooper hoo hah in the new star wars? No one moaned about Mace Windu being black, they did see the obvious with this though. (Stom Troopers are clones of Django Fett, a Maori looking guy).

As for your denials of my last three points, come on. Twitter is full of people castigating folks for these views using the Billy club of racism. To say it isn't so, well that's just to be in denial.

I can remember people refusing to count goals their team scored if it was a black player who scored. I'm not joking. That is what racism looks like, not people bitching with each other about groups who are given a soft ride by the msm but are responsible for trashing white people and culture.

edit on 43pMon, 05 Sep 2016 14:56:43 -050020162016-09-05T14:56:43-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

See those are things we could actually solve together if people like you would stop reacting to anyone Left of Nationalist like you're Trigglypuff.
edit on 9/5/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Funny you say that, as I have multiple threads advocating such and you wont touch them. I even added the main one to my sig there calling you all out on it and you still wont touch it.

How many threads that have anything with the issue do you have? Oh, one:
Congress quietly ends federal government's ban on medical marijuana

And how interesting. Turns out it was a Republican Congress that passed it (dont forget, I'm not a conservative and I hate the Republican Party).

Meanwhile most of my other work around here has been reacting to the PC type crap, trying to pull the wind out of those DIVISIVE & DIVERSIONARY ordeals so we can all get back to REAL issues; while all I ever see you doing around here is pumping those BS issues up with more hot air.
edit on 5-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

You twist way too many things into them, mainly your crusade against the bogey man (PC SJWs) which is entirely too irrational to bother with. You drop a giant tangled ball of yarn with millions of ends sticking out and then demand the people you constantly accuse of everything wrong under the sun, to untangle it for you.

ETA: Also, I did make a few threads relating to the war on drugs back in the day when the topic was forbidden on ATS, they got removed. I don't really do threads too much anymore.
edit on 9/5/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

You twist way too many things into them, mainly your crusade against the bogey man (PC SJWs)

It's because of PC all anybody can do is argue over race and its many related facets of potential bigotry. PC has the entire election turned upside down and inside out. Actual policies are hardly an issue. For years leading in its all been OH THE POOOOR BLACKS. Yet the issues are always kept focused away from the actual policies that harm them, and that's the fault of your lot who keep everybody diverted away from the policies that DO harm them.

My open challenge still stands. Open that Link (the first one). None of you will because your entire cause is a charade.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Nope and your straw man won't help you.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

You are right, the double standards make no sense! Look at Hollywood, if you make a movie about the 1600s and even still given the historical context only use white characters or white actors, you will be accused of whitewashing or racism at best...

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

That's right, he released 300+ people that had absurdly overblown sentences. Only another 700,000 to go...

Ending private prisons IS good, but it just means .gov prisons to house all the victims of the WOD.

States voting on MJ good, except Obama's ATF has MJ card holders now unable to buy firearms, his DEA didn't reschedule & just banned Kratom, his IRS is tax MJ business 70%, and so what.

Is this progress, as slow as it is, due to the Alt-Right or ex-hippies and minority community activists?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

My open challenge still stands. Open that Link (the first one). None of you will because your entire cause is a charade.

The irony is that you cannot see that you are furious because others are not doing what you are telling them to do, thus disrespecting your authoritarianism.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I'll bet very few of the actual people involved are PC psycho's.

And don't forget libertarian's are just as much active on this, if not more active per capita considering they don't have a long history of obsessing over racial type mania.

I know Ron Paul when he served every year, year after year he'd reintroduce various decriminalization bills. They NEVER got voted on, whether it was Republican's or Democrat's in the majority.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join