It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

"Alt-Right": A Movement? An Ideology? An Ethnicity? WHAT is it?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

I am not sure what you're getting at there, neno.
I'm just making my observations. I'm explaining what my own view of it is.

All of us get lumped into groups - I think it's relevant to be able to discern into which group we might be included. But then again, I'm a linguist sort of person.

I like to make up new words and tweak them and define them. Like "freech" ----- and "crapyay" --------- and others I've lately sprinkled around here.

Today I was cruising yard sales......and when I got to one...the sign said:

and the other side of that sign said:

And that worries me, in a sadly hilarious kind of way.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I am going to guess this is the latest in the left's language altering game.

First it was Neo-Con, then TEA party, now Alt-right.

Just like it was Global Warming, then Climate Change, then Man-Caused Climate Disruption or whatever they are trying to rebrand it to force people to care about it nowadays.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Great sales technique! Surely got attention.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Donald Trump and The Politics of Fear

This article is also very relevant.

Remember, folks, I'm not totally against him, and I don't like her either........

I'm just trying to figure it all out.

The critics who accuse Trump of cheap fear-mongering may be failing to recognize that the fear percolating in society is real, and somewhat justified;
politicians who fail to validate it risk falling out of step with the zeitgeist.

They are likely right, however, that ratcheting up fear helps Trump.

This is the way fear works according to social scientists: It makes people hold more tightly to what they have and regard the unfamiliar more warily. It makes them want to be protected. The fear reaction is a universal one to which everyone is susceptible.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I can clearly see why they would attack the alt-right.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I am not sure what you're getting at there, neno.
I'm just making my observations. I'm explaining what my own view of it is.

By all means do so, as you are as entitled to a view as anyone else. It seems that your view of what constitutes "alt-right" is at odds with the way they define themselves, but as I said above, it's entirely possible that they don't even know themselves.

What I was getting at was more your description of "Trump rally-goers" as a "mob". I fail to see the difference between them and "Hillary rally-goers". Both are mere political gatherings designed more often than not to bash the opposition in lieu of promoting themselves, so if one is a "mob", then the other is as well. It could be that I read more into it than was there, and you actually do see "Hillary rally-goers" as equally mobbish, and if that's the case I apologize for my assumption.

What got my attention, though, was the characterization of those inside the rallies as "mobs", without mention of the mobbish behavior of those outside the rallies protesting, who have been to date altogether more violent and disruptive, which is the sort of behavior one usually associates with "mobs".

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I am going to guess this is the latest in the left's language altering game.

First it was Neo-Con, then TEA party, now Alt-right.

Just like it was Global Warming, then Climate Change, then Man-Caused Climate Disruption or whatever they are trying to rebrand it to force people to care about it nowadays.

Well, they did all name themselves, and then the labels were misused by their opponents, but in the case of the neocons, it was liberals who named them, in addition to them having named themselves. Irving Kristol, a liberal and a neocon, was the one who explained it by saying "neocons are just liberals who have been mugged by reality" - but you're not likely to get a liberal to admit their neocon connections... which is why I find it hilarious that they are now thrown together as natural allies against the "alt-right", both equally as venomous against their common foe. It must be pretty cramped quarters in that foxhole!

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I'm not sure why you think they don't know who they are. We've had links to founders of it. It seems pretty clear to me.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I can clearly see why they would attack the alt-right.

I can too, but it doesn't make it any less amusing to me to see them both hunkered down in the same foxhole, each not trusting the other to stand a proper guard if he has to take a nap himself.

It kind proves a point I've made over and over again over the years that the neocons are neither new nor conservative. they're just the other side of the same political coin from the progressives, and this incident where they find themselves on the SAME side against what they think is a brand new coinage is the funniest thing since Jimmy Carter beat a vicious assault rabbit away from his canoe with a paddle because it was tired of swimming and trying to get in. At least Gerald Ford knew how to execute a proper pratfall down airplane steps!

I'm popping popcorn - you just can't make this stuff up!

edit on 2016/9/2 by nenothtu because: fixed typo.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
[Everything you said in that thread could be applied to every MSM news station, endless newpapers, and endless others such as Huff&Puffington Post. There would hardly be any "news" outlet left unbanned following your logic therein.]

Wrong. All media will present news in a fashion that conveys actual events in a biased light. Infowars actually presents fiction as fact. ATS bans known hoaxers in the UFO forum, and known financial or confidence scams in others. Infowars is no different. Since Alex has his own radio program, his freedom of expression would be in no way infringed.

If thats true then you can get them banned. And yet you're in here wasting your time with me (I dont own the board, nor do I hold an ounce of sway of influence over them).

The fact that you want this outspoken critic of your ideology banned without being able to prove your case, while all up in my face in here now for pages about it now, proves it is you who is the Agent Provocateur, not him.

Or prove me wrong. There only has to be about 10,000 hours of audio and video media of Alex Jones himself in person carrying on, along with 1,000's of articles in his websites to pull quotes from to 1. prove hes a race war provocateur and 2. he's manufacturing news events to push that agenda. Good luck with that, and when you post the thread by all means come post the link to it in here. Until then, take care.
edit on 2-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I'm not sure why you think they don't know who they are. We've had links to founders of it. It seems pretty clear to me.

Indeed we have - and so, if we are to take that at face value, then they have been mischaracterized and mislabeled in this very thread.

Now, myself, I tend to let folks define themselves, and take that at face value. Others, it appears, not so much.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu
What I was getting at was more your description of "Trump rally-goers" as a "mob". I fail to see the difference between them and "Hillary rally-goers". Both are mere political gatherings designed more often than not to bash the opposition in lieu of promoting themselves, so if one is a "mob", then the other is as well. It could be that I read more into it than was there, and you actually do see "Hillary rally-goers" as equally mobbish, and if that's the case I apologize for my assumption.

What got my attention, though, was the characterization of those inside the rallies as "mobs", without mention of the mobbish behavior of those outside the rallies protesting, who have been to date altogether more violent and disruptive, which is the sort of behavior one usually associates with "mobs".

Right. Many times, in many threads for a month now I've challenged the Hilldogg's and Hilldoggette's to show us media examples of Trump people assaulting people at Hillary rallies. Not even a single one has been brought to surface so far. ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS!

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Well, the liberals and the neocons are the same thing, and what this "alt-right" thingy appears to have done is to blurt out that the Emperor is naked. Everyone can see for themselves now, if they care to just look, and notice that they are both on the same side against this "new" movement. It's only "new" to young folks who can't recall what Republicans were like back during the phase when they actually were conservative, rather than just paying lip service to conservatism.

I know, I know, folks will rage that they aren't the same thing, in spite of that Emperor over there strutting around nekkid as a jaybird. They'll point and howl at how much "opposition" they've thrown at one another, and seemingly fail to realize that it's all been a stage play. I see them as being like two benches of rowers on a ship. One bank is on the "right", and one is on the "left", yet they both inexorably row the boat in the same direction, one side's paddle strokes playing off those of the other side, and propelling the ship of state towards the same waterfall.

Now there is a snag in the water, and they have to show their true alliances in order to prevent that snag from keeping the ship from going over the waterfall, so both "sides" attack the same snag.

Ain't togetherness a beautiful thing?

edit on 2016/9/2 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Perhaps you can link just one such post?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Why are you pursuing this off topic issue so passionately?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Perhaps you can link just one such post?

Sure.

Here you go

And another

And another

Those are just from page 5 of the thread. I can find more if you need 'em. Haven't you already read the thread?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Why are you pursuing this off topic issue so passionately?

Exposing case studies of Nazi'esque mentalities tends to be quite irresistible for me. Especially when directly annoyed for days by the subjects of such case studies.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I have but I guess I'm not seeing what you're seeing. We speak different languages and think differently (metaphorically), it's a shame you'd rather condescend than explain.
edit on 9/2/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

That's about the same impression I've always had of the 2, although I always took the Neocon's as being an offshot of the Neoliberals that openly embraces using direct military action in pursuit of "nation building" (American Empire expansionism), whereas the Neoliberal's traditionally tend to stick covert actions and proxy wars as much as possible.

Aside from that difference, between the Neocan's & Neolib's / Republican's & Democrat's, pretty much the only major differences between the 2 are in the somewhat short list of very specific "Moral Emotional Wedge Issues" (MEWI) that way too conveniently always have them at odds with one another. Which of course I argue is the whole point, it being DC's premeditated scripted means of Dividing & Conquering US (DCUS).

The stuff they all agree on is the worst stuff for all of US: American Imperialism, Big Brother, the transformation into a domestic Police State, authoritarianism, being the World Police, the Federal Reserve, the War On Drugs, taxation without representation, etc.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Just a simple question:

Is it possible for someone who would rather see Trump elected over Hillary, to NOT be in this "Alt-Right" category?

I look forward for the answers.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join