It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

"Alt-Right": A Movement? An Ideology? An Ethnicity? WHAT is it?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Lol wiki leaks showed you that cnn and other liberal leaning new sites are paid propaganda yet you spew their garbage like its gospel and demean anyone who isnt defined by them. What are you doing on here? With all the crazies? You probably still on the whole 911 is an inside job and the republicans are all evil because it fits your personal beliefs. How would you know their isnt an agenda agaisnt white males? Are you a white male? and if a percentage of white males feel this way who are YOU to tell them its BS maybe you have yet to see what is obvious to so many others.

I'm not trying to completely knock you down just open you up to the idea that many things started as conspriciiy theory then became fact when enough people got tired of ignoring it.

LOL!! Aw. No, cutie. That's not it at all ---- but you're sort of beginning to cultivate a very basic understanding of what's going on!! Good!!

I'm not trying to completely knock you down, either, dear! I know all about conspiracy theories, and the generations and all that - because I was trained to know it.

I know plenty. Because I'm a grown-up who knows how to investigate things. And I'm the mother of a Millennial white male, and a Millennial white female. So - keep working at it.
But, you're sweet for responding. Were you even alive back during the Cuban Missile Crisis? Do you know what that even is?

Again, focus on growing up. Wander outside of your comfort zone from time to time.
It's healthy to do that.

You'll be okay.

Wow. Just......wow.

Deflect and go after the person not the argument, amirite!?!?! WTH Buzzy

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

It's in Board Business & Questions. "Censor" was in the title.
edit on 31-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Actually there was a thread not 2 months ago calling for them to be banned from the site. The argument was it was racist that they had videos showing BLM doing 'kill whitey' kind of stuff, and that the people that posted them here were also racists, and the people posting in the threads were racists, etc.

Could you provide a link to that thread? Something tells me you are misrepresenting it.

You should be familiar with that whole incident as it was your thread.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I just called NatEnq a tabloid.

You are correct. It is literally a tabloid because it is published as a folio, rather than a foolscap.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yeah, the assertion I keep noticing lately is infowars etc anti-PC outlets are pure fiction "tabloids" kind of stuff. Nothing they post has any merits whatsoever kind of reasoning.

The truth is outside NatEnquirer & MTV, the MSM are the biggest tabloidal whores around with their smoke & mirrors, their moral wedge issue diversions, their Official Version conspiracy theories, their celebrity gossip "news", and so on...

Your so called "anti-PC outlets" have never been accused of being "tabloids." They have been proven to simply tell lies about important events. Incidentally, the publisher of the National Enquirer is a personal friend of Donald Trump; that is why they have taken to featuring lies about the Clintons on their front page.

Hey remember when the MSM created and promoted the myth of "hands up dont shot", or the time they edited 911 audio to dishonestly assert racist intentions in the Zimmerman shooting?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: cavtrooper7

Actually there was a thread not 2 months ago calling for them to be banned from the site. The argument was it was racist that they had videos showing BLM doing 'kill whitey' kind of stuff, and that the people that posted them here were also racists, and the people posting in the threads were racists, etc.

Could you provide a link to that thread? Something tells me you are misrepresenting it.

You should be familiar with that whole incident as it was your thread.

That's what I thought. Here's the link. As you can see, the characterization was a total lie:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The point was not merely that infowars is racist, but rather that there was an organized effort to use ATS as a medium, propaganda, and recruitment tool. If infowars wants to use ATS as a publishing platform, they need to pay advertisers' rate.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

It's in Board Business & Questions. "Censor" was in the title.

Then that wasn't my thread after all.Which one was it? Or were you just making things up?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Around then I was deliberately avoid following those melodrama's.

But I do recall the recent one where CNN edited edited out the 'burn down the suburbs':

edit on 31-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I think it was your thread.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Sadly ironic seeing people who clearly subscribe to the worldview pushed by alt-right media trying to argue that they're being demonized/unfairly labeled while they conform exactly to the thrust of multiple definitions.

If you feel your white identity is under large scale attack, particularly a white male identity, especially a white male christian identity — and if you're really a brainwashed useful idiot — your white male Christian heterosexual identity, then you're probably a victim of the non-stop flood of garbage from the alt-right.

If the only sources you feel are reliable are: The Gateway Pundit, The Conservative Treehouse, Weazel Zippers, Breitbart, WND, Infowars/Prison Planet and a host of wordpress blogs with "patriot" in the name, you've probably been mainlining alt-right propaganda for years. Thanks Drudge!

Do you obsessively rant about "political correctness?" Talk more about BlackLivesMatter than 99% of black people? Use the term "Social Justice Warrior" hundreds of times a week and generally whine like a scared little girl? Believe absolutely anything you see in YouTube videos? Think that Mark Dice and Paul Joseph Watson are journalists? Do you find yourself saying, "what about Chicago?" "the Irish had it worse!" or "of course the mainstream media is silent!" (whenever somebody posts a story about a white woman killed by a black person)? Do you think Sharia law is an impending threat to your freedom? Find yourself agreeing whole-heartedly with Pamela Gellar?

Well you get the picture.

The link to "conspiracies" btw is courtesy of the likes of Alex Jones and the "truth movement" which was co-opted nearly at the beginning by individuals selling the belief that everything is a conspiracy against whites (white Christians, white Christian males, etc).

Welcome to the modern day know-nothings. Enjoy the distorted perception of well.. everything... and your own brand of critical thought crushing political correctness.

Yeah there are idiot college students who get butthurt over cultural "appropriation" and need "safe spaces," critical race theorist professors blathering about "microagressions," third-wave feminist Tumblr misandrists and even the far less common black separatists on Twitter with #killallwhitemen hashtags but how much of the general population do these people actually represent? Less than .25%? .5%?

How many have any of you actually encountered in your day to day life versus the number you've come across on-line or more likely had pointed out to you in a YouTube video or by some wingnut blog?

I know a lot of sanctimonious hipsters who like to prove how enlightened they are by criticizing people for their "insensitivity" but on the balance, I'd say I know a whole lot more people these days who 10-15 years ago would have been considered part of the far-right fringe.

I find them equally disdainful myself but I encounter more "alt-right" types these days by far. Maybe I have a distorted perception because of ATS or my one wingnut uncle and a few of my more redneck friends who post dumbass crap on Facebook?

Maybe we should just get it over with and elect Trump so the whining can end. Maybe we can crop dust the Midwest with aerosolized Midol? Or maybe some of you could start wondering why a middle class, middle aged, heterosexual white guy like myself isn't afraid of losing his "identity" and you are? I'd literally vomit on a person who said "cisgender" to me IRL and I could give a f about political correctness. Why am I not scared? Why isn't anyone calling me a racist? (and how often are you actually called a "racist" personally in contrast to the perception that you might be labeled one?)

Has the far-right just come to be composed of weak people? Are people like me (and hell, Paul Ryan for that matter) just blind? Or maybe, just maybe, there's been a whole lot of effort spent convincing a group of people that they're victims of every single minority under the sun even as they are part of the overwhelmingly dominant social group and among the least credible claimaints to victimhood on the planet.

Time for bed. Guess I can count all those bleeting alt-right sheep. One snowflake, two snowflakes, three snowflakes...

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

That isn't the alt-right. It's a large scale attack a group of people who did not come up with said label themselves as far as I know.

In other words, alt-right does not exist except as a pejorative created to smear people.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I think it was your thread.

Then link to it and explain your characterization. (Either that, or apologize.)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

In other words, alt-right does not exist except as a pejorative created to smear people.

Once again, you need to get your story straight:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

LOL yea the ALT Right la de da.

I remember libs on occasion and one way or another blaming radical Islam on the west, a reaction, so on and so forth and we were spozed to buy that.

edit on 31-8-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Just like sheeple, the DNC and MSM give the matching orders aka narrative and they all follow. Its the same wirh every election, white guys in pick up trucks, tea party, white supremists, alt right, etc. I see it for what it is: desperate fear mongering.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Once again conservative types are letting the mind benders set the narrative.

Here is what alt right is.......white male candidate....period end of story

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Then link to it and explain your characterization. (Either that, or apologize.)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread is so obnoxious and hate filled that it has me seriously reconsidering my attitude towards free speech. I have always believed that if you allow a fool to say anything they want, people will eventually see the fool for what he is. Unfortunately, there are a few threads that are being dominated by hate mongers who are cheering one another on, drowning out other voices, and creating a poisonous atmosphere. Rather than deal with facts, they are drawing their racist talking points from Infowars. It is as if Infowars is infiltrating ATS and sabotaging it, using it to advance its own insane agenda. Enough is enough.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

Yea the real danger is ALT Left. Oh shall we?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

White knocking over black. Racist!

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Considering the very same website also carries articles that conclude that not even those who call themselves alt-right can clearly and competently define it. I still maintain that it's a label like Neo-Con without a real home or clear definition and thus is being used conveniently as a pejorative.

People who follow the idea of alt-right get painted as racist for rejecting the notion of CRT and white privilege and that's about it in a nutshell.

Now, you tell me ... is this going to make every single person who identifies with these things - a frustration with the new definitions of racism, bigotry and other things along CRT and white privilege lines - a true racist or simply someone who does not identify with those experiences as defined by the left?

Hell, my husband and I both grew up as poor whites. We've been mistreated by cops a time or two. This past weekend, we got thrown out of a store by a clerk who thought we were trying to scam her due to a chain of unfortunate events involving a child and the self-check scanners in a poorer part of town.

So we don't see this mythical "white privilege" but we are told we are racist just for being white and believing in the basic American ideals and Western civ values anyhow. Technically, this labels us as part of the "alt-right" of the left when we have never owned the term and don't go to either infowars or Breitbart beyond the extremely rare occasion.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join