It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek - Im watching it again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I watched yesterday another episode of Star trek, i love that show.. I cant wait until the next season starts, im sitting quietly in a sofa hearing the intro song..

I saw the episode; Season 7 Episode 18 it was about a youth called Q2, well this is the plot;

Q (John de Lancie) shows up on USS Voyager to introduce Kathryn Janeway (Kate Mulgrew) to her godson, Q Junior (Keegan de Lancie), who now has the appearance of a human teenager. Q Junior is rambunctious and troublesome, causing various incidents across the ship. Q explains to Janeway that the Continuum hoped his son would help stabilize the Continuum but instead started the same type of problems on a much larger scale such as tearing holes in the fabric of space-time. The Continuum blamed Q and plans to turn Q Junior into an amoeba. Q brough him to Voyager to hopefully have Q Junior learn something. Janeway suggests some "father-son" time, but after ten minutes, Q admits that doesn't help as Q Junior had just rearranged the tectonic plates on a nearby planet. Janeway asserts that Q Junior needs to learn there are consequences of his actions.

But the most memorable quote is by Q.

DONT PROVOKE THE BORG! Its funny how stories that has no place in the real world sometimes, just takes it own character.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Voyager was great. Didn't think I would like it that much, but really ended up enjoying it, maybe even better than next generation. Can't get into ds9. Enterprise was worth watching.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Ha Ha

Loved Voyager, I actually liked Voyager more so than TNG and DS9. Enterprise imho was pretty good too.

My order of favorites...

TOS
Voyager
Enterprise
TNG

DS9 Just didn't do anything for me...but it's part of the franchise and many fans loved it.

edit on 31-8-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
You need to watch:
1.TOS
2.TAS
3.TNG
4.DS9
5.VOY
6.ENT
To consider yourself a Trekie!

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed

In a post I made last week, I include a comment about the "Star Trek Enterprise" series that I'm watching and how it is almost always morality themed from a future position, of course, and constantly throws out the fact that in the old days the Prime Directive wasn't the rule, etc. I wonder how soon PCness will creep into the next version of Star Trek. I suspect that the instigation, if not backing, for each subsequent Star Trek series is done by government sources doing a bit of social engineering. I haven't watched any of the later series, but the fact that women started being something more than a secondary aspect may be indicative or just a sign of the times. That is one of the hard to determine aspects of social engineering, cleverly done, you can't distinguish a natural shift or a subtle push.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Voyager is my favorite. The cast is a lot of fun. Janeway is my favorite Captain. I love all of them though. DS9 was a little harder to sit through but Odo and Qwark made it worth it.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnMoonRaven
Voyager is my favorite. The cast is a lot of fun. Janeway is my favorite Captain. I love all of them though. DS9 was a little harder to sit through but Odo and Qwark made it worth it.

Odo & Quark were awesome, Rene & Armin played off each other beautifully! And any time Jeffrey Combs made a guest appearance, it was like icing on the cake for me, he's a fantastic actor (was absolutely thrilled he landed Shran on ENT, no one else would have been able to nail Shran like that)

DS9 is enjoyable for me up until it arced into Space Jesus. I can't sit through the final season. Didn't help that they killed off Jadzia in the 6th season finale, either. Ezri grew on me eventually (over several years of shunning the last season, lol) but the whole Space Jesus shiz never did. I thought that was a lazy attempt at filling the last season.

Besides, without DS9, we wouldn't have Vreenak's famous line of:

Which means we wouldn't have the hilarity of:

edit on 8/31/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I currently have all of the star trek shows and movies with exception for the one in theaters now as well as star gate.
and have met a lot of the cast members Kate Mulgrew, William Shatner, Avery Brooks (he's kind of unstable), Jolene Blalock (wow very blond..liked dark hair better), Connor Trinneer, Jonathan Frakes, Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner, John Hertzler, Wil Wheaton (keep in touch with him. Right now he's writing a book of short story's)

If you have 10 minutes this is worth a read
wilwheaton.net...

oh an if you want to know what was going to happen next in some of the star trek shows or star gate you can find the answers here.
retrophaseshift.com...

retrophaseshift.com...

retrophaseshift.com...

retrophaseshift.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Basically, just watch any Trek show's episodes with Q in it.... He's just fun to watch (and completely NOT at all like that in person, which is strange).... But his character is just great. I always wished the shows would go more into the Continuum, etc.

top topics

join