It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA to "Temporarily" Add Kratom to Schedule I at September's End

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It's looking like it will not be schedule I tomorrow as was originally planned. That is still the DEA's intent, though, so it could happen any day. When/If they make the decision, people will have 24 hours to remove it from shelves and destroy their supply.
This basically means it might as well be banned already. No vendor with any common sense is going to re-stock when the 24 hour notice could happen at any time.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

originally posted by: GoShredAK

originally posted by: InFriNiTee
a reply to: NthOther

Kratom is not a "drug" made by big pharma. That's the only real problem with it. I have used it off and on over the years. I don't think there is any "addictive" potential. I think they are worried about big-pharma losing too much money. Oh and one other thing to lock people up for.... Ridiculous. I am wanting to leave the USA more and more every day that passes. Land of the free? What a JOKE! It's offensive to me also!

How about this FDA and DEA? It's MY BODY. I WILL DO WITH IT AS I PLEASE. That goes for ALL people in a FREE country.

Do it daily for a month.

Yes, it's physically addictive. It's no heroin or poppy pod tea, but it IS physically addictive.

Damn right!

Listen to these wise words.....it is very addictive....the withdrawals are real $h!tty......responsible use can avoid this though.

This is however highly dependant one ones previous mental state to begin with.

No, it's not.

Notice how we said 'physical' dependance, not psychological. Kratom has a very similar withdrawal to opiates, albeit to a much lesser degree.

Kratom has a seretongenic side to it the opiates do not have. It is not that simple.

Physical symptoms include akasithia, extreme fatigue and lethargy, and tinnitus upon waking. All of which disappear upon re-dosing.

The physiological symptoms are largely dependant on ones mental state like I said.

Yes there is a level of physical and psychological dependency that can occur.

How am I wrong?

The withdrawals may be ever so slightly like opiate W//D but there are some unique symptoms with kratom withdrawal that are closer to SSRI withdrawals.

You can get both. It is true that it is all minor when compared to hard drugs though.

ETA: Oh yeah, brain zaps, you can get those with kratom abuse, definitely not from opiate abuse.

They are two different monsters.

All drugs should be legal anyway.
edit on 30-9-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Kratom is not a "drug" made by big pharma. That's the only real problem with it. I have used it off and on over the years. I don't think there is any "addictive" potential. I think they are worried about big-pharma losing too much money. Oh and one other thing to lock people up for.... Ridiculous. I am wanting to leave the USA more and more every day that passes. Land of the free? What a JOKE! It's offensive to me also!

How about this FDA and DEA? It's MY BODY. I WILL DO WITH IT AS I PLEASE. That goes for ALL people in a FREE country.

Do it daily for a month.

Yes, it's physically addictive. It's no heroin or poppy pod tea, but it IS physically addictive.

Damn right!

Listen to these wise words.....it is very addictive....the withdrawals are real $h!tty......responsible use can avoid this though.

No, it's not.

Notice how we said 'physical' dependance, not psychological. Kratom has a very similar withdrawal to opiates, albeit to a much lesser degree.

The physical symptoms between the two are quite different.

There are only a few similar symptoms that are over shadowed by kratoms unique symptoms.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Do it daily for a month.

Damn right!

No, it's not.

There are only a few similar symptoms that are over shadowed by kratoms unique symptoms.

From my personal experience, the physical withdraw symptoms between opiates and kratom are very similar, with kratom obviously to a lesser degree. I'm not here to preach, as i am no angel, I'm simply giving voice to an issue being minimized here, the very real physical withdrawls caused by prolonged kratom use.

Perhaps your experience has differed, but i speak from experience, and can assure you they do have very similar physical dependence characteristics.

edit on 30-9-2016 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr
Starred

I have major anxiety which is why it effects me a bit differently. The mental side hits me a lot harder with kratom, while the physical aspect hits me much harder with opiates.....

What should be taken away is that kratom is harmless. The benefits far far far outweigh the extremely minor withdrawals. Cannabis and coffee are two things harder to come off of. It won't hurt anybody. I am glad the ban may have been postponed. I'll be buying some tomorrow if it is still there. Just for the rough times. It sure beats hard drugs or pharmaceuticals.

ETA: I meant cigarettes and coffee.....cannabis IMO has ZERO withdrawal.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Do it daily for a month.

Damn right!

No, it's not.

From my personal experience, the physical withdraw symptoms between opiates and kratom are very similar, with kratom obviously to a lesser degree. I'm not here to preach, as i am no angel, I'm simply giving voice to an issue being minimized here, the very real physical withdrawls caused by prolonged kratom use.

Perhaps your experience has differed, but i speak from experience, and can assure you they do have very similar physical dependence characteristics.

Understandable, but the experience with banning something will make it worse.

Also many people who aren’t afflicted by it and are benefiting from it will go to worse drugs

Don’t they ever realize that?

And when you have something less dangerous then why do it?

Believe me Kratom is nothing like heroin, Coke or even marijuana

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Do it daily for a month.

Damn right!

No, it's not.

Understandable, but the experience with banning something will make it worse.

Also many people who aren’t afflicted by it and are benefiting from it will go to worse drugs

Don’t they ever realize that?

And when you have something less dangerous then why do it?

Believe me Kratom is nothing like heroin, Coke or even marijuana

Yes, i know it isn't.

As i said above, I'm simply stating something people here are avoiding, which is that kratom IS physically addictive.

Avoiding that fact is irresponsible and unfair to those reading this considering trying it recreationally.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join