It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA to "Temporarily" Add Kratom to Schedule I at September's End

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tombanjo

It passed 100,000 signatures during the night. The White House HAS to respond now, unless I'm mistaken.

Do you know how long they have to respond?

I suspect that any response will be along the lines of "we will, for the time being, defer to the agency's recommendations, as we are sure they have fairly weighed the pros and cons, and are competent men and women in whom we have the utmost trust..." and blah blah blah.

More of the same in other words. I keep hoping that someday my cynicism will be proven unjustified. Hope is wearing a little thin these days, though.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I read last night that they have 60 days to respond, so they could easily just wait til after the 30th and say "sorry, nothing we can do."

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This is really ridiculous to put Kratom in the same league with heroin and coc aine. Anyone who has used them and Kratom would laugh at that.

It’s that these disgusting tyrants and fascists in the government and the DEA need to have excuses to keep their miserable jobs.

They’ve failed so miserably in the drug war they need to add to their fascistic work schedule

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
All there going to do is start a new underground boom...so they could stay employed in their stupid intrigue of cops and robbers, as well probably some sinister behind the scence big pharma freaks

The thing is I don't think Kratom will ever be as popular as hard drugs or as expensive, since that’s the point to these dopes... it isn’t nearly as potent as even marijuana.

Dope and coc aine both dam near killed me and marijuana had me hiding in the basement from humanity.

Kratom is nothing in comparison.

They are doing this because it’s becoming popular and making people satisfied without hard drugs and pharmaceuticals. Its about control!

Also, it’s too cheap; they want to create a big market for it so some of their big time leeches can make money

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: tombanjo

I read last night that they have 60 days to respond, so they could easily just wait til after the 30th and say "sorry, nothing we can do."

I think you nailed it.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Big Pharma’s Patents on Kratom Alkaloids Expose Real Reason DEA is Banning this Plant

thefreethoughtproject.com...

As the legal pain medication epidemic sweeps the nation killing thousands every year and converting its users into heroin addicts, the pharmaceutical companies are scrambling to find an alternative. Kratom could be that alternative.

However, since kratom can be grown in your backyard, pharmaceutical companies can’t monopolize it — unless the government outlaws it.

On September 30, kratom will be illegal, but the synthetic patented and monopolized version will not.

While the mainstream media often acknowledges that these drug companies charge exorbitant prices for their medications, they conveniently leave out the reason they can do so is because they have the full support of Uncle Sam.

This is some really sinister stuff going on here.

I would bet a million dollars the DEA head that bans this and his assistants will get big jobs in the pharma whore house

Read more at thefreethoughtproject.com...

edit on 10-9-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Yep this hit me where it hurts. I have rather bad arthritis and this stuff gets me through my day. I cannot take opiates as my stomach rejects them and I end up very ill. Prescription NSAIDS make my heart flutter and effect me badly in several ways. Kratom has been a godsend for me. I can't believe they did this. Most people have never even heard of it, and I find it hard to believe this is not happening to keep people tied to big Pharma. a reply to: NthOther

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
Saw this yesterday and it made me so angry. The fact that the people who run these drug companies also have a revolving door with positions in the FDA and DEA just screams conflict of interest and why no one see's this as a problem is beyond me.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

US based Pharmaceutical company reps. and politicians probably discussed this at the annual Bilderbergs. This ban was a plan waiting to happen. These people don't have injuries, disabilities, chronic pain, rehabilitational needs or depression that caused them to seek out alternative ways to self treat themselves. What they do have is money and want more of it and besides that the DEA is the face of the Bilderbergs decision, of course they are working together

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Call the DEA and tell them kratom helps – Melvin Patterson 202-307-1000 (press #4 for media department).
THIS GUY AT THE DEA IS LISTENING-PLEASE MAKE THE CALL!
He said “If this is something that is HELPING PEOPLE then we need to listen”- PLEASE tell him your story!
Melvin Patterson 202-307-1000 (press #4 for media department).

speciosa.org...

The guy will actually answer. Tell him why you use Kratom or whatever you think will help.

Though fair warning. This may be a way to get phone #

That may be just my paranoia

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
There's three drugs I can think of that resemble kratom in some way.

One is tramadol which has an ssri component which many people can react poorly to. In my experience doctors don't even tell people about this part, or that any dose over 400mgs can cause seizures. Doctors are happy to prescribe this stuff. I even got it when I was at risk for seizures already from benzo withdrawal.....

Benzodiazepines, which can actually destroy your mind, rapidly build a physical dependency, they come with one of, if not the most severe withdrawal syndrome, and can be fatal if discontinued cold turkey.

Traditional opiates Such as oxycodone, hydrocodone, heroin, ECT........of which the negatives are well known.

Somehow Kratom is the more dangerous option.......give me a break....this world saddens me.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It's banned because it works.
There is SO MUCH money to be made
on all sides of opiate addiction certain
powerful companies and Alphabet agencies
will never let that be cured by a simple natural
drug. Hmm and no cure for Cancer still huh?
Rovers on comets but they haven't cured anything since Polio.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It is also so incredibly effective for masking opiate withdrawals.

It minimizes what is called "dope sick".....which is one of the biggest reasons addicts have such a hard time quitting heroin or other opiates.

It is outrageous that Kratom is not used worldwide to help addicts get off of the drugs that are ruining their lives.

It could save so many lives

Clearly TPTB have zero interest in helping and healing anybody.

Its so wrong I have a hard time putting it into words...

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
There's three drugs I can think of that resemble kratom in some way.

One is tramadol which has an ssri component which many people can react poorly to. In my experience doctors don't even tell people about this part, or that any dose over 400mgs can cause seizures. Doctors are happy to prescribe this stuff. I even got it when I was at risk for seizures already from benzo withdrawal.....

Benzodiazepines, which can actually destroy your mind, rapidly build a physical dependency, they come with one of, if not the most severe withdrawal syndrome, and can be fatal if discontinued cold turkey.

Traditional opiates Such as oxycodone, hydrocodone, heroin, ECT........of which the negatives are well known.

Somehow Kratom is the more dangerous option.......give me a break....this world saddens me.

Your right about tramadol. I don't know about the others but I take your word for it.

The idea that Kratom is like coke and dope or even weed is a joke.

This is an extension of these rat bastards plan to outlaw all herbs

particularly safe ones like Kratom that work.

Soon they'll have KRATODOL or something like that and make trillions of dollars for some pharma group
then the DEA will back off for them
edit on 13-9-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Call up this DEA guy he actually answers.

Call the DEA and tell them kratom helps – Melvin Patterson 202-307-1000 (press #4 for media department).

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
What makes me angry is the DEA saying that no public comment is needed, when obviously that isn't the case when thousands of people's lives will be adversely effected by this decision. And why does the DEA have the power to decide on a whim which group of Americans they want to criminalize next? With the war on cannabis (hopefully) winding down it seems they need a new all-natural boogeyman to justify their paychecks once again.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Call up this DEA guy he actually answers.

You're totally right that treating Kratom as a schedule one drug is a total joke.

Thanks for the heads up, I need to think of what I will say and ill give him a call.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
What makes me angry is the DEA saying that no public comment is needed, when obviously that isn't the case when thousands of people's lives will be adversely effected by this decision. And why does the DEA have the power to decide on a whim which group of Americans they want to criminalize next? With the war on cannabis (hopefully) winding down it seems they need a new all-natural boogeyman to justify their paychecks once again.

Gosh, no kidding, how could they say no public comment needed?! Such bs on like an unfathomable scale....

My biggest pet peeve is people making decisions for me. This takes that to a whole other level.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The march on Washington didn't go too well. I think a few hundred people were there. Kratom is a sacrificial lamb on the developing fascism coming to America.

It will go illegal and some industrious guys (God bless em and help em) will take the chance and start selling it undercover illegally.

Many people are talking about going to Canada. Moving to Canada just to be able to use Kratom!
Isn’t that terrible!

The bottom line the DEA is taking advantage of the fact that Kratom is very much unknown and this is a small Yuppie type politically weak class of people who they are stomping on to carry out their fascist diktat

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

There's a nootropic called Tianeptine Sulphate that sounds like it might make for a possible alternative to kratom. It sounds similar to Tramadol in that it has both anti-depressant and opiate receptor properties. I ordered some to try out. But I'll have to be very careful, because the risk of abuse is high and the withdrawals can be bad, or so I've read. It'll have to be something I use occasionally and not as an every day fix.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join