It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA to "Temporarily" Add Kratom to Schedule I at September's End

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
What you think we're protecting all that opium in Afghanistan so everyone can up and switch to Kratom?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

The war on drugs follows no logic, and only serves to show how this propaganda machine called the US government controls the foolish and credulous masses. A recent article in the International Journal of Legal Medicine claimed:

Recently, Palm Beach County, located in the southeastern corridor of Florida, has considered regulating kratom due to public safety concerns following the death of a young adult.
Link

But the article obviously did not research those deaths or even read the coroner's report.

an example:

A 17-year-old white man who showed no obvious signs of trauma was found unresponsive in bed and was pronounced dead at the scene. [b]The decedent had a documented history of heroin abuse and chronic back pain and reportedly self-medicated with Kratom (mitragynine). The autopsy was remarkable only for pulmonary congestion and edema and a distended bladder, both of which are consistent with, though not diagnostic of, opiate use. A laboratory work-up revealed therapeutic levels of over-the-counter cold medications and benzodiazepines. However, of interest was a level of mitragynine at 0.60 mg/L. Given the facts of the case, the Medical Examiner certified the cause of death as “possible Kratom toxicity” and the manner of death was classified as “accident.”
Link

Like in all these flordia cases the real killer are the pills doctors love to pump into people, but as obvious as that mgiht be, the goverment will only read the phrase "possible Kratom tocivity" and run wild with anti-Kratom propaganda. They have probally been working up a pesudo-case on kratom for years, looking at all drug realated deaths and trying to find a focus of kratom use.

I guess the goverment needs a reason to arm the police and arrest minorties and thow them in jail, where they will lose the right to vote and be used as slave labor for non-violent, victumless crimes. Meanwhile, their children grow up with no postive male role models and crippled by a system that is just waiting for them to mess up. So, they will form gangs and get guns and start fighting back. So, the police will get bigger guns to fight back with. Ad nauseam.

As long as the US goverment is controlled by the corporate industraial complex, which is in control of media, prisons, health care, medicine, insurence, and military goods, then the US citizenship might as well get use to a lack of freedom. We are bombarded by freedom of choice, we can pick 1000 of flavors of ice cream, or even cat food, but when it comes to our political system, we get two choices and they seem to be merging into the same set of ideologies. I want 1000 people to pick from for president, and I want to know what they stand for, so that I know I voted someone into office that feels the same way about Kraton and the war on drugs as the rest of us do.

Anyway thinks for fireing me up this morning,
S&F

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Not sure if it would be considered recruiting if I linked to it, but there's a "We the People" petition to stop them. It went up last night, it has 13,000 signatures so far. I'm certain it won't make a difference, but at lest you can say you tried.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
It's all about money and it has become completely blatant by now.
Kratom as dangerous as heroin? That's a complete joke and the DEA knows it.

They might as well ban tea and coffee while they're at it, it wouldn't even surprise me at this point.
edit on 8/31/2016 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Truly I haven't revealed it to ATS, but I feel that it is time. Kratom has been one thing that was almost going to get me off of disability. Kratom has been one of the things that was going to do it. No. Instead, I need to take Neurontin with a HORDE of side effects for peripheral neuropathy, and that crap DOESN'T WORK on my neuropathy. My mom has lime disease also. Kill EM All should be the FDA and DEA's motto. Heaven FORBID if someone should want to use something natural to get a chance to once again climb the social ladder! WE can't have that in the USA. Let us just let the payments for disability spiral out of control until the US Economy fails....

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
strange how Portugal's stance on all Drugs has actually led to saving lives; their decriminalization of all drugs 15 years ago, by the numbers today: overdose deaths in 2012 was 82 and decreasing,(3 reported for every 1 million persons, all time low in HIV infection through intravenous drug use (whooping 90%), homicides drug-related almost non existent, Cannabis use in ages 17 - 56 years old is almost immeasurable, the percentage of people seeking treatment for drugs use went up to some 70% from 44%. and their prison system, well its working for them. they are treating drugs use as a medical condition rather than a 'criminal condition'.

times

other

As long as there are some 1%'ers here in the states making ungodly amounts of money by dehumanizing people with substance abuse issues, and criminalizing drug use as oppose to a medical issue, 'the war on drugs' will always remain a never ending slush fund to those who profit from it.

i dont see the US, no matter whom the president, ever changing their stance on drugs. in fact, its quite the opposite as the feds are trying to find more ways to suppress research and studies which would counter big pharma and their goons.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee
Truly I haven't revealed it to ATS, but I feel that it is time. Kratom has been one thing that was almost going to get me off of disability. Kratom has been one of the things that was going to do it. No. Instead, I need to take Neurontin with a HORDE of side effects for peripheral neuropathy, and that crap DOESN'T WORK on my neuropathy. My mom has lime disease also. Kill EM All should be the FDA and DEA's motto. Heaven FORBID if someone should want to use something natural to get a chance to once again climb the social ladder! WE can't have that in the USA. Let us just let the payments for disability spiral out of control until the US Economy fails....

i feel your pain. literally.

i sustained a lower spine injury while in the Navy, and im getting tramidol and a ton of anti-inflammatory and local anesthetics, i fought hard to slow down on the pills. i started doing PT at the VA and using cannabis oils and extracts i get locally here in SoCal, and i dont think i will ever pop another pill, or need to. even though i know my condition is only going to get progressively worst, but the harm those pills were causing was unreal. some of the side effects were at times worst than the condition they were supposed to help.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee

How about this FDA and DEA? It's MY BODY. I WILL DO WITH IT AS I PLEASE. That goes for ALL people in a FREE country.

That only works if you want to have an abortion.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Why wouldn't they do stuff like this? The majority of people would do anything the government says.
For me something like this is reason enough to refuse to pay taxes and take all my money from the banks and boycott everything made in china.
People need to realize we could take the power back and stop this blatant oppression.

They make these bs rules and put inocent people in jail and protesting will do nothing! Cut off their lifelines which is our money and support.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I maintain that prescription drugs are the most PROVEN dangerous drugs in the world. Look at how many people Vioxx killed. Someone I knew was murdered by BIg-Pharma. I sure hope there is an afterlife. If there is, I hope these fools get to witness ALL of the death, pain, and suffering they have accomplished for "their people". I live in the universe where: What goes around comes around. Do unto others....

There's a song for this:

edit on 8/31/2016 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I have severe back pain and went to Kratom for a couple years. The stuff worked wonders and I used it everyday. Sadly, I found myself taking more and more until I was going through ounces of the stuff. I finally decided to go off of it because I read the horror stories on the internet about stopping Kratom. It was a miserable couple weeks getting over the worst of the symptoms. I did go to the doctor to get through it and they treated it as any other opium addiction. Kratom is like any other drug, it works, but it can be misused.

I think they are going overboard with their classification. Kratom can do some amazing stuff, but people need to educate themselves on Kratom before they do what I did. If used intelligently, Kratom can help people with some very serious issues. Doctors are less and less likley to fill prescriptions for pain meds, it was a good fall back for those needing some relief.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Just like it isn't your choice when it comes to an abortion but is every where else.

I agree with both, your body your choice with the only grey area being if it can affect others.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I am going to contact Donald Trump to let him know about this. I am for real. I have a way I can get it touch with him directly. If I see him mention it before the fated day this November, he will get my vote.

Some of Hillary's biggest donors are big-pharma. I wasn't going to vote for her anyway! Bernie Sanders sold out to Hillary, and I didn't like his climate change and nuke vs. coal support. Rand Paul I wouldn't vote for, but he would be against Kratom being legal I'm sure, because his 2nd biggest donor was BIg-Pharma. I already decided I won't vote for Gary Johnson, because of TPP endorsement and forced vaccination endorsement.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Just take a good look at codex alimentarius from the UN. They plan on outlawing vitamins as well.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Placing a big order today! Helps me with my arthritis and degenerative disc pain. I guess I will have to resort to becoming a criminal again in the governments eyes!!!

That's the rub that really pisses me off. They know damn well that this will force people to do one of 2 things. Continue to self medicate with more dangerous street drugs OR be good little children and go to your doctor and become a good little Big Pharm slave.

Oh well, gotta love tyranny!

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I suspect Kratom will be be made available from big pharma in spray form or pill not to soon for a high price. That how it usually works. It'll happen again and again with all the natural and safer medicines that are out there.

Hi facepalm emotiticon. Haven't seen you in a long time.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Another kratom supporter here. I was using it with great success as an anti-depressant, back pain reliever, and sleep aid. Then my state of Alabama made it schedule I back in May. Life has definitely been more difficult since then.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This is sad. Sucks when a supplement gets too popular. I am worried about adrafinil getting scheduled

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Dang, this means no more kratom at head shops or online?

I better try to stock up and get ready to quit. To bad I have no money.

Its such BS that kratom will now be illegal but benzos and tramadol will still be prescribed.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I have been taking it for nearly a year.

It has helped me recover from benzo dependancy, helps with pain in a messed up arthritic ankle, keeps me off hard drugs, the list goes on.

Except right now I am currently trying to taper down and stop because i am an addict with no self control and can't go a day without it.

The discontinuation symptoms are really minor but I hate them so much.

Looks like I have no choice but to gut it out and manage my issues in some other way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join