It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A magnificent chef

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I have a friend, an extremely talented chef. His food is an otherworldly experience, those who have taste it says "He can make anything into something better.." Ive eaten the fruit of his labor, and its truly amazing.

One day he started complaining to me. A man i never saw complain about anything. Cause he did just one thing and one thing only, make the food into a divine experience.. People flocked just to taste a little bite and he enjoyed it. His reward was not the pay, but when people said.." Wow, that is the best thing i have ever eaten " His whole world was created around food and nothing else.

He as many others got a new boss. A person in place not cause of skills or experience, but instead;" Who do you know?".
A person living like so many others, who climbed the ladder of sinful acts, stepped on the souls innocent men, women and even children..
Just to declare themselves over a glass of wine;" I am an emperor "

The person had a fantasy, and it was just to make another dime. Without the experience, that dime will cost you instead a dollar or even more.
He was told to cook, not out of his imagination as a great chef, but out of the fantasies the new boss sadly put in place.
He tried and tried, eventually he said;" We dont even serve this to rats " The boss replied;" My way or the highway "
A few months passed, and the smile of the magnificent chef began to turn upside down. So he and me sat down in a far away place and talked for a while. I simply said this simple tale.

When the person makes a decision based on the lack of experience and fantasies, and you say nothing with your experience, wouldnt it be better telling the person.. "You lack the experience to make that judgement, if you cant trust me then i have no place here in the first place"

Thirty days later, he said;" I was afraid" He changed workplace to a place where he grew to what he was suppose to be, his hands were not tied and he bloomed to a chef that won multiple prizes all over the world. People can enjoy his food once more.

And the old Boss is still on a loosing streak.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
You are a great story teller. You could have have "my friend is a great chef and got a new boss that sucked and he ended up quitting and got a new job" but instead you spin this amazing story. Thank you for sharing the wrongs of your friend, I hope the best chef in the world is happy creating new and wonderus heavenly dishes.

I really enjoy reading your threads.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

And the old Boss is still on a loosing streak.

Serves him right.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

My experience working with chefs: they will fail on their own. They know nothing about business, which is to be expected as they are artists.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Does not the same apply to dreamers? My experience with people is that they tend to rely on others to achieve their goal? An artist makes a masterpiece, which a talentless human being tries to sell to the highest bidder to make money?
When the talentless person thinks he can do anything else than sell, that is where the problem starts and the failure begins..

Its never the artist.. The artist creates, that is all he does. Its the parasites on the other side who sees an opportunity of achieving glory..

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Does not the same apply to dreamers? My experience with people is that they tend to rely on others to achieve their goal? An artist makes a masterpiece, which a talentless human being tries to sell to the highest bidder to make money?
When the talentless person thinks he can do anything else than sell, that is where the problem starts and the failure begins..

Its never the artist.. The artist creates, that is all he does. Its the parasites on the other side who sees an opportunity of achieving glory..

an artist cannot create without the funds to buy supplies. In the world of food....that is rather expensive. And culinary arts aren't like visual arts, where people can look for free and enjoy the art. To enjoy culinary arts, the canvas must be consumed and destroy the work. So the costs of culinary arts are a revolving door, always present when the art is.

To be a chef you either have to be very savvy (few and far between) or have a team around you yanking your leash when you get too crazy on cost.

Party planners and restaurant managers are just as bad. Except they aren't artists...they just fancy believing they are.

top topics

join