It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cell phone problems/Interception help!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Hi...
I came to this forum because i need help and don't know where to turn or who to ask...
I think my cell is tapped/intercepted etc... please help...
here is what is happening:

Normally when a friend of mine calls from Mexico, the number comes up Unavailable on my cell phone... Never has it come up as anything else but unavailable.
This past week and last week, when the call came in, the name of the person calling actually came up instead of Unavailable and this has never happened before.. ALSO, an unrecognized phone number came up on my caller id when the friend called which neither of us knew... This random number has come up on the ID now 3 times when my friend has called...
This only happens with the call from Mexico...

So i called the number that was on the ID and i got a recording saying it was an un-working number, BUT it was not the normal female Verizon voice but rather a male voice with a ny/nj accent.

I reverse looked up the number and it said Newark, NJ and it belonged to Verizon...

So how is a non-working number calling me? OR better yet, why when my friend calls from Mexico, the non-working number comes up??

So, is someone intercepting my calls and forwarding them through? Is the phone being tapped? I don't know what to think...

Today i heard some clicks, beeps, weird echos...
Something is up and i don't know who to talk to about this...

Please help if anyone has been through this.. OR if someone can research the number for me and find out who it belongs to!!! How can i find out?

Thank you so much for any and all help!
Krissy

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Verizon is constantly updating equipment all the time. The calls could be getting routed differently now. Unless your having conversations about illegal activities, I wouldnt worry much.

Thanks to the patriot act, they don't have to tell you if they are going to tap your phone. Be assured though, if the government was watching you, you wouldnt have a clue. They can be ghosts, not like on TV.

My advice- chill out. make sure you keep the conversations legal, or at least try and you should be fine.

ps--good post, especially being your first ! Welcome aboard, stick around ! This is the BEST site on web. Its my digital crack..

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
thanks spliff for the reply...
i am very aware of the patriot act and i have a decent idea of how covert our government really is...
I just need some hacker type help to actually find out if this number is what i am afraid it is... I would like to know how far investigations reach if ya know what i mean...

i thought of the crossing idea, but the line is a non-working number remember...

the weird non-working number only comes up when my friend in Mexico calls...

thanks! And yes this board is actually cool as hell and i have enjoyed reading for awhile which is why i came here first for help!! I have confidence someone will be able to assist me!! thanks again

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
bump for more help

mrq

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I have Verizon as well, and have had numbers unrelated to the person's calling me show up in the Caller ID Display.
I've also dialed one phone number and reached a different one.
Verizon's Customer Service told me that yes, it could be crossed information, problems at the tower, and/or a problem with my phone.
I have friends who work for them and they told me it's not uncommon at all.
Not saying that you're not being tapped, but, save yourself at least some paranoia by accepting that there's a really, really good probability that it's just screwy equipment.
Especially when the call is coming from out of the U.S.
Did you try having your friend from Mexico call someone else you know on their phone? Just to try to replicate the behavior?

Hope ya get it straightened out.
Be Well.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Hey Mrq..
thanks for posting!

I would love to say it is a coinencedence, but the same number has come up now 4 times... also been hearing beeps etc...

just very uncomfortable...

thanks

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I would get a new cellphone. Pay for it with cash and use the Pay as you go option.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Krissy, there are scanners out there capable of intercepting cell phones; but only analog lines which you'd really only be on when roaming and it cant pick up a specific cell phone, just one who happens to be in the area. There are mysterious products like the MultiTrack system; but seriously, unless you've got a jealous boyfriend with a bank account big enough to afford it than don't worry about it, if you do, however have one such boyfriend, than, let the man listen after all HE'S LOADED and you can always get a pre-paid on the side for your other deadbeat boyfriends.

Now, I doubt you'll want to explain what it is you do for a living that makes this a concern for you, I wouldn't either, but rest assured they wouldn't use recorded cell phone calls in court. They can; however, obtain your call log from Verison, which is not good, so if you're calling shady people I suggest you go prepaid. It can't be traced! I use Tracfone, yeah it's more expensive; but you don't even have to give your name to set it up.

[edit on 30-1-2005 by clandestinevixen]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Actually there are scanners in which you put up to 100 telephone numbers to monitor and whenever a phone call is made or received by any tracked number no matter where you are in the world, the scanner will ring and allows you to listen and record the phone call.

I would not worry too much, because as of now every telephone call in the world is recorded and scanned for patterns. If you say bomb, the phone call will be automatically forwarded to some special agent for review.

I would say that if you are being monitored by a scanner, you are likely to be already in deep s#it as the authorities are already after you.

Regarding noises and IDs, it's very likely that it's a fault or some other stuff used by the telephone operator. It could also be that the telephone operator is actually tracking you on behalf of the authorities.

My advice would be to be a good boy and if you have done something wrong, go to the police station and do a deposition of the facts so that you avoid to be framed or reduce the damage to your life.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
dump the cell and don't put yourself in a position where you need to use a landline. if you are that worried about being tapped it's your only option.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Just thought I would put my two pence in:

I work in Telecoms, and have done for several years.

Chances are this has something to do with the underlying carriers that your cell phone operator has. Each Telco routinely passes traffic over each other to get to different destinations at a decent (profitable) cost.

There is a thing calle refilled mobile traffic, which can mean that the call gets routed around all over (and outside the country of origin/destination, even if the call is in country). This can cause your CLI (telephone number) to not show, or be incorrect, as some of the ULC's are really crappy....

I wouldn't worry to much about this, if you where being tapped, it wouldn't be this obvious. If you want me to explain in depth, then U2U me, and I shall try my best.

new topics

top topics

join