a reply to: Bone75
I don't have all the answers. I do think we need to control immigration into this country though. We allow criminals to stay in this country, while
American citizens caught with a little bit of ganja are doing years in prison. The violence and drugs in our border towns is a serious problem. We
could put a stop to the immigration problem if there were actual consequences for crossing over illegally. People that cross know that if they get
caught, they can just walk right back over the next day. I think we need requirements for entry. We have plenty of unskilled workers at this point,
and it is about time we scrutinize the people crossing. Every other country is allowed to control who enters their countries, yet if we do it we are
considered racist. It makes no sense.
The issue with the back taxes is there is no way to quantify it, and the vast majority of people will not have the money. Most of the people that
cross for seasonal jobs send the majority of the money back to Mexico, and usually have no loyalty to our country and way off life. Heck, most people
have no loyalty period. We already see people burning flags and waving Mexican flags. I showed my gf and her mother a couple of videos of the Trump
protests where people were waving flags, and they both said those people were idiots.
If it were up to me, this is what I would do:
1. Build the wall.
2. Give temporary amnesty to anyone currently in the country.
3. Create a cross reference system with Mexico and SA that would allow us to check the backgrounds of the people currently here.
4. Halt ALL immigration for 1 year, or until everything was straightened out.
5. Give temporary tax ID's to everyone granted amnesty. All funds would go toward immigration reform and enforcement.
6. Deport anyone with criminal records, arrested for criminal activity, or that fails to obtain the immigrant tax ID.
7. Fine any company employing anyone illegally ridiculous amounts of money per infraction.
8. Legalize all drugs. Redirect 1/3 of all drug enforcement funds into addiction treatment facilities.
9. Host mandatory English speaking classes at community colleges across the country. Paid for by immigrants.
10. Create a new comprehensive immigration test. Must speak enough English to get by, understand the basics of our country and culture. Must pass
11. End all foreign entanglements. Divert a portion of the defense budget into foreign aide to help support the civilians we have displaced.
At the end of the year period, everyone that has fulfilled their requirements would then be offered permanent citizenship. Everyone that does not
achieve this, will then be deported once apprehended. I am sure many of them would leave voluntarily, as it would be impossible for them to get work
at that point. This is overly authoritarian for my tastes, but this is taking into account that we are still operating within this busted system of