It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson is for abolishing the federal reserve and removing legal tender laws.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well if you clicked on the list you would see the 2016 list.

Its several hundred candidates.

www.lp.org...

Look fot the ones that say house of reps and senators. That would be congress.

You can also find govs and several other candidates all of which you asked for.
edit on 31-8-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Well if you clicked on the list you would see the 2016 list.

Its several hundred candidates.

Yep. I clicked on the list.

There are 512,682 public offices in this country. You're saying that Libertarians hold 143 of them?

Should I point out that's 0.0027893%?

If that's the best you've got, my point stands - work at the local level before wasting money on the one nationally-elected office every 4 years.

Electe d Officials in the United States
edit on 31-8-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

So how are we supposed to pay those college grads that accept positions in the house, the Senate, the Supreme Court, our officers, the firefighters, the FBI, swat, CIA, NASA, FDA, and several other government organized companies that have policies, procedures, laws, rules, and discovery for human beings?

I guess you thought they were all doing this out of the generosity of their souls.

Cost of living?

And for houses, how about we build houses in the affordable range? And as humans we stop trying to buy a house, and attempt to cheaply add in an extra 10k to the price to sell it?

Honestly all of the greedy games that have become a thorn in the side of America have grown to a comical abomination.

I would rather fire anyone who accepts a bribe from any company. No law suit. Just immediate removal from the system. And let it be a warning to all newcomers into the IRS that their pay will be redacted if they accept any bribes.

That is what is happening at the IRS office. If the IRS did their job for the better of mankind you would not see companies asking for anything they can get when they fail, and instead will have to dissolve. As well as new legislation getting passed to prevent money grabs.

But no... You just want the IRS to disappear. And to be turned into something only low class citizens understand. Instead of understanding that the IRS is but one of our only defenses against the wealthy from dominating America and turning it back into an imperialistic future.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

A national sales tax.

The irs has done nothing to protect anyone, the exact opposite.

How much economics have you read? What do you want to debate related to economic theory and practice. The IRS is not helping anyone. It never has. Oligarchs got there hands in back in the late 1800's.

Completely unrelated to the irs.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Are. You equating the fact they arent being elected with all odds against them as the fact they arent trying?

Its pretty tough when you dont play sleazy politics and take bribe money.

The real question is how much is the rate increase since tge party came to be.

And you asked how many were running.

Literally hundreds.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Are. You equating the fact they arent being elected with all odds against them as the fact they arent trying?

Its pretty tough when you dont play sleazy politics and take bribe money.

The real question is how much is the rate increase since tge party came to be.

And you asked how many were running.

Literally hundreds.

So now you're going to try to rephrase what I've stated clearly ...

Hundreds ... against 512K positions?

Wow.

Luthier ... the fact that I'm pointing out is simple:

In 2012, Gary Johnson's campaign performed as follows:

Total Raised: $2,317,996
Total Spent: $2,282,292

www.opensecrets.org

Now, that's not much admittedly ... but would it not make more sense to forgo the national campaign that only reiterates the idea that Libertarians are a fringe oddity ... and concentrate on making local changes that people will recognize and start believing in?

/shrug

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Ok wow, so you ask about congress i say hundreds are running. I would venture to say nearly every rep position up for office where it makes any sense to run.

Then you ask about every office open?

Are all 518k being elected this november?

The presidency is one huge advertising event for the party. The guy is polling over 10 percent in several states.

I think your being a bit unrealistic. How many libertarian reps make it on cnn?

Its the third largest party.

I am not sure wha else you are asking for. Do you want me to see how many positions are open across the country for 2016? Every selectman and treasurer in every small town?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Johnson is against the TPP. He stated it contains crony capitalism.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes
Johnson is against the TPP. He stated it contains crony capitalism.

"It is my understanding that the TPP does advance free trade,” says Johnson, “Is it a perfect document? Probably not. But based on my understanding of the document, I would be supporting it [though] in a perfect world there wouldn’t be a document like that, there would just be free trade.”
"I go into these trade deals skeptical. Is it promoting crony capitalism, is it government interference in a situation that would work better as free market?"
"Now, the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal, I'm skeptical that that contains a whole lot of crony capitalism. You know, government interference. But people that are helping me out with this, people that I really respect, say that the legislation actually improves on trade. Given that, I'd have to say I was going to sign it, that I would sign it, but devil's in the details and I hope people would appreciate that I would be that skeptic at the table." - Gary Johnson Governor No AKA Veto Johnson is not going to sign anything until he has read it.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

You say hundreds of Libertarians are running for the US Congress?

You didn't bother to read your own list, did you?

You have seven candidates in the US House and two in the Senate.

You're really not the best spokesperson for your party ...

Johnson is polling over ten in an election with the two most unpopular candidates in modern Presidential history??

Quite the accomplishment.

Third largest party? Should we put that in perspective?

39% of Americans now describe themselves as Independent, 32% as Democrat and 23% as Republican.

(Source)

What percentage of the voting public are registered Libertarians? 411K or so?

There are 146 Million Americans registered to vote. So ... about 2.8 percent?

When INDEPENDENT voters are at their highest number EVER?

No Libertarian elected to Congress. Ever.

State Upper House Seats: 2/1972

State Lower House Seats: 2/5411

Maybe 10 or 12 elected to office in the history of the party?

Libertarian Party (Wiki)

Grass roots support is what is desperately needed. That is the only point I've made here.

Argue with obvious facts if you wish.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You say hundreds of Libertarians are running for the US Congress?

You didn't bother to read your own list, did you?

You have seven candidates in the US House and two in the Senate.

You're really not the best spokesperson for your party ...

Johnson is polling over ten in an election with the two most unpopular candidates in modern Presidential history??

Quite the accomplishment.

Third largest party? Should we put that in perspective?

39% of Americans now describe themselves as Independent, 32% as Democrat and 23% as Republican.

(Source)

What percentage of the voting public are registered Libertarians? 411K or so?

There are 146 Million Americans registered to vote. So ... about 2.8 percent?

When INDEPENDENT voters are at their highest number EVER?

No Libertarian elected to Congress. Ever.

State Upper House Seats: 2/1972

State Lower House Seats: 2/5411

Maybe 10 or 12 elected to office in the history of the party?

Libertarian Party (Wiki)

Grass roots support is what is desperately needed. That is the only point I've made here.

Argue with obvious facts if you wish.

You mean 7 in arizona?

Did you bother to go to the next state?
Gryph your not making much sense here.

So a rigged system where its a battle to get on ballots is an indication the lib party isnt doing grass roots work?

What is grass roots work? Why has no other party been able to rise?

Hmm.

So far it looks like we are doing exactly what your first post said.

Running for hundreds of elected positions is grass roots work. It aint easy, it takes a lot of money and grass roots work to so this. No major party war chest.

Have you worked or volunteered for a campaign? Its all grass roots when it comes to third parties.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

edit on 31-8-2016 by luthier because: Double

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Oh, as if he can abolish the fed and the irs. He's got a campaign trail full of bullocks. So, what? He wants to use gold as currency? Gold will be the one world government for the new world order then, wouldn't it? Yeah. Every where you go you'll have your strings pulled. There is no hope. We are all doomed.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 4003fireglo

Have your read about it or just making assumptions?

Its more like lettimg the market decide which currency has better strength behind it and allowing them to compete in the same market. Like bitcoins for example.

It fairly complicated but you can actually very easily read and find his actual suggestions.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Have your read about it or just making assumptions?

Its more like lettimg the market decide which currency has better strength behind it and allowing them to compete in the same market. Like bitcoins for example.

It fairly complicated but you can actually very easily read and find his actual suggestions.

I was making assumptions. He's a "libertarian," after all. I can never say that word without amusement.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Ok? Who references economic theory. If you have an issue with the Hayek or any free market economists thats understandable. People have different opinions. But dont act like its some made up crazy talk.

And he also says "if I could wave a magic wond" knowing full well its Congresses vote.

He can only try and educate and persuade.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Ok? Who references economic theory. If you have an issue with the Hayek or any free market economists thats understandable. People have different opinions. But dont act like its some made up crazy talk.

And he also says "if I could wave a magic wond" knowing full well its Congresses vote.

But it IS made up crazy talk. Crazy talk made up by folks wanting to nudge the market for themselves. It's never going to decide; it's only going to be manipulated by different opposing forces. Opposing forces and thier crazy talk.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo

But it IS made up crazy talk. Crazy talk made up by folks wanting to nudge the market for themselves. It's never going to decide; it's only going to be manipulated by different opposing forces. Opposing forces and thier crazy talk.

Thats an interesting opinion, do you have any support of this?

The point of Hayeks work was to limit manipulations of currency. The gold standard is just as easily manipulated as we saw with the Rothchilds which is why its not supported.

I think you would have a point if you read some econmic theory but right now your argueing some really vague and definitionless stuff.

So are you a Keynesian guy?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I'm not making much sense?

Perhaps you should learn that there's a difference between the US Congress and the State Houses.

But that'd be factual.

You seem to be taking the simple fact that national success will only come after Libertarians have been successful at the local level personally.

10 Libertarians have been elected in what, 30 years? Whatever you're doing isn't working?

Or is that more "nonsense"?

LOL.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo

Thats an interesting opinion, do you have any support of this?

The point of Hayeks work was to limit manipulations of currency. The gold standard is just as easily manipulated as we saw with the RotKeyilds which is why its not supported.

I think you would have a point if you read some econmic theory but right now your argueing some really vague and definitionless stuff.

So are you a Keynesian guy?

Excuse me, but i didn't think i would have to give examples so obvious as to stoop so low as to having to mention Enron. FFS. ENRON.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join