It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the Alt-Right

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Authoritarian thinking comes in all flavors and colors. Some wrap themselves in the flag and call their brand "progressive", some use whatever is available to brand their own franchise of ideology.

What's the solution then?

Do we start targeting people we think as subversive? Is this the start of a new witch hunt? Do we force those who think differently with badges so we can identify them?

I have no idea what this has to do with the Alt-Right?

I'm curious...do you dislike when people call others Social Justice Warriors?

I asked what the solution was to this alt right issue.

Thought I was clear on the subject.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Authoritarian thinking comes in all flavors and colors. Some wrap themselves in the flag and call their brand "progressive", some use whatever is available to brand their own franchise of ideology.

What's the solution then?

Do we start targeting people we think as subversive? Is this the start of a new witch hunt? Do we force those who think differently with badges so we can identify them?

I have no idea what this has to do with the Alt-Right?

I'm curious...do you dislike when people call others Social Justice Warriors?

I asked what the solution was to this alt right issue.

Thought I was clear on the subject.

The solution to bigotry and racism?

Education.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Do you equate nationalism to racism?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I equate White Nationalism to racism...which is what the Alt-Right champions.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

That's obvious.

Are there racist globalists?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The OP focused on most of the elements I find distasteful with a lot of alt-right thinkers, but I do admit that I am a fan of H. L. Mencken. Now before you label me a racist, allow me to explain that I do not view race as anything other than a biological marker used to distinguish homo sapiens as having different biological categories. So, I view race like I view eye color because race is something you can use to describe the physical appearance of a person.

Now, as for Culture, I do think that only a few members of any culture/society will be intelligent enough to do the really important task. In this sense, Mencken and I are both followers of Plato's Republic and are very critical of democracy. Most societies will only have a few in stock that should go on to get doctorates and other higher forms of education, and it is these people that should administer the government, hospitiles, education, and environment.

Note that I feel leaders should administrant over civil services, not individual's lives. In the American Representative Democracy, it defines laws and privileges as to and individual's life, my examples: War on Drugs, Defining an immigrant from a citizen, allowing the monetary value of an individual to define how loud their political voice can be, and allowing the celebrity of a person determine how justice is enacted and what constitutes as crime for them.

As for people's rights to espouse racist views or be a bigot, well everyone has the right to be ignorant and stupid, but if it took merit not popularity to lead this country, we would not have anything to worry about. When the physical nature of a person does not have some superstitious stigma attached to it, then racism will be dead, but that is only going to have with political incredulity and proper open-minded education. Whereas political correctness and safe-space education are creating people who are hyper-sensitive to any form of criticism.

I am huge fans of Bill Maher and Dennis Miller, and this might be 15 or so years old, it's still true today. So, if liking the views of Maher, Miller, and Mencken and finding the satire in what they have to say makes me Alt-Right, then so be. If thinking that the US government needs so serious reworking and down-grading on progressive liberalism make me Alt-right, then so be. If being disgusted by social scientist constantly misconstruing data to produce biased agendas, the idea of politically correct speech, and that the world needs special places outside of homes and friends to find people who will do nothing but agree with you makes me ALt-right, so be it.

Now I will admit to elitism, that's a product of Plato, but I do not feel that my 'rant' was in anyway racist. I am not even sure if I am Alt-right, but it seems like we do agree on some points, so I deferentially don't want anything to do with the 1488ers or racist ideas.

No offence intended, if anyone was offended,

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

That's obvious.

Are there racist globalists?

I'm sure racists come in all forms and flavors.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
www.express.co.uk...

Read the linked article.

Have you noticed the big deal yet?
The complainant is a non muslim sjw type.

Not one muslim could be found to say that they found the cafe smell a problem.

Now, stories like this wouldn't be anything to do with the rise in people moving closer to the right, would they?

Which begs the question, what do these sjw nutters really want?
One thing that the alt right may have correct is a tendency among the extreme left not to cure division, but to create and exploit it in order to move in and gain more influence.

No excuse for the daily mail, they are always like this, but then all media has an agenda and it's important to examine any story with a critical eye, no matter the source.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Apologies. Previous post had a link from the express, not the mail. In my defence, there's bugger all difference between the papers.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join