It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Models for Donald Trump's Agency Say They Violated Immigration Rules and Worked Illegally

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: kruphix

Jee, I dunno, when people risk their lives to cross the border do they plan on going back? DO they plan on ver being "On The Grid"? Do you realize it's effectively illegal for you to go Off The Grid if you were born & raised here (not that I necessarily agree with the concept).

Laws are laws right?

These models committed a worse crime than anyone crossing the border illegal did.

BUT...you are still going to excuse them...aren't you?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I haven't excused anything. I'm just calling into question by your norms of interpretation how much gravity we should actually put into the underlying concept of this story compared to the larger issue.

How did these models commit "worse crime than anyone crossing the border illegal did". I'm dying to hear this one articulated....

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I haven't excused anything. I'm just calling into question by your norms of interpretation how much gravity we should actually put into the underlying concept of this story compared to the larger issue.

How did these models commit "worse crime than anyone crossing the border illegal did". I'm dying to hear this one articulated....

Oh...by MY norms...neither the models nor an illegal immigrant crossing the border did anything wrong nor should either of them be punished.

But let's talk about YOUR norms...it seems you think one should be punished and one shouldn't...interesting.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
LOL, I didn't mean to rant. There are so many details to the immigration/undocumented worker situation that are intentionally ignored. They've dumbed the conversation down so much that the real details never even get discussed, much less corrected through legislation.

YAHTZEE!

It's down to throwing the Moral Emotional Wedge issue loaded term RACISM in when the general topic comes up, everyone takes their irrational approach to being called racist / being actual racists / etc, and then the true grit is buffed all down to glossy.

I think it's more that people like the system the way it is. The current system guarantees a large underclass of cheap & exploitable labor. That's why virtually no one is trying to fix the current system to protect prostitutes, undocumented workers, or farm laborers that make less than minimum wage.

It's the same reason why prison laborers make pennies on the dollar and people with criminal records have such a hard time getting legit jobs afterwards. Both of these situations also guarantee permanent workers in the shadow economy. But I don't see it change anytime soon because 1) no one even talks about it & 2) far too many citizens use the shadow economy for anyone to change it.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Trump himself has set the priority at deporting those illegal immigrants that "break the law"..

The vast majority of Illegal Immigrants never break the law. Statistically they are much less likely to break the law than natives...perhaps because they live knowing they will likely get deported if they do.

These models actually broke the law..

And while we are on the topic...when Melania was confronted with questions about her Visa status at the time of the nude photo shoot, Trump loudly proclaimed that he would provide "rock hard" proof and documentation as to her Visa story within two weeks...that was over a month ago and nothing..

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

They took away jobs that American models could have had. Your double standard defines you!

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
You got to love this.

Obama isn't responsible for anything his administration does. IRS, whoops. Heard it on the news. Veterans Affairs a total mess? First he heard it was on the news. Benghazi? Heard it on the news. He can't be held responsible.

But some company owned by Trump *allegedly* hired an illegal? It's Trumps fault!

Puuuhlease.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
You got to love this.

Obama isn't responsible for anything his administration does. IRS, whoops. Heard it on the news. Veterans Affairs a total mess? First he heard it was on the news. Benghazi? Heard it on the news. He can't be held responsible.

But some company owned by Trump *allegedly* hired an illegal? It's Trumps fault!

Puuuhlease.

Wait a second. So which one is it? Either you agree that the head of an organization is responsible for the actions of that organization or you don't agree the head of an organization is responsible for the actions of that organization.

If the heads of the organizations are responsible, then you have to blame both Obama and Trump. But if the heads of the organizations are not responsible, you can't blame either Obama or Trump.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

They took away jobs that American models could have had. Your double standard defines you!

I was thinking the same thing....Trump seems to have a personal preference for foreign women, what better way for him to keep a supply of beautiful foreign women on hand then hire them as models. He really is a total sleez bag...just as bad as Bill Clinton...both are big buddies with Epstein a known pip of underage girls. It hurts my heart that either the Trump's or Clinton's will probably be the next 1st family of the USA...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join