It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS doesn’t tell 1 million taxpayers that illegals stole their Social Security numbers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Oh cool, I'll have more money credited to me then. Yippie!!!!!

You will need the extra dough to pay for the illegal food stamps.

LOL

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I went online to the IRS website trying to get some information about how I can file a few years' back returns and was prompted with a series of multiple choice questions like who owns my mortgage and who did I finance my car through. I rent and own my car outright. So, nutshell, I answered the questions honestly and the site said my identity couldn't be verified and I have to visit them in person to conclude my inquiries.

Last time I pulled my credit report, they (Experion) asked me "which" one of me I was. Apparently, several of "me" live at the same address, have the same drivers license number and all that.

Sometimes I wish I lived the life one of me lives- I'm a millionaire allegedly... to the point my child support is nearly 3 times what it should be based on income.

So for the IRS to not tell people their unique SSID isn't so unique is not surprising in the least.
And all this time I thought the law operated under the presumption of innocence until proven guilty.

edit on 31-8-2016 by paradoxious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm going to let you in on a secret. SSN's and everything having to do with SSN's are compromised. Retirement accounts, credit, background checks, SSI, SSDI, all of it. They try to match data to the right person, but that matching only has a 98% accuracy rate. With the amount that data is used, that leads to several errors per person, per year.

To top this off, the process for SSN's themselves isn't secure. They were never meant to be identification, just claim numbers. For anyone born earlier than the mid 90's they're effectively given out in sequential order, which makes generating large batches of SSN's with valid names attached trivial. Some good techniques can result in rates as high as 10% positive hits on batches of names, which would mean that in a few hours one could generate 33 million SSN's and hand them out if they wanted to.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I have a solution but for some reason people think enforcing Federal law is racist.

While that could fix part of the problem with SS, SSN's themselves are completely insecure. A few direct deposit bank accounts in the US and the same thing can be done from anywhere in the world

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114

Pretty bad when the very government that issues all your identity paperwork can't be trusted with it.... Can't we just storm the castle, cancel all agreements, divide the wealth evenly, & call it a day.....

Sorry...but no. You can't give the same amount evenly. That wouldn't be the left equivalent of equal. You need to give less to the rich and more to the poor. More to the blacks and less to the whites. And you would have to give it to everyone...including the illegals...even if they were the ones who stole the numbers...because...ummm....RACIST!

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Thats why I don't recognize them as a legitimate agency even if it means incarceration torture and death.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join