It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS doesn’t tell 1 million taxpayers that illegals stole their Social Security numbers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
An IRS Inspector general report was released today that says 1 million Social Security numbers were stolen by illegal immigrants over the last few years !!

The punchline is the IRS doesn't tell you when your number is stolen !!!

WTF

Typical bureaucratic incompetence.

Or is this intentional to hide the illegal immigration problem?

IRS doesn’t tell 1 million taxpayers that illegals stole their Social Security numbers

The IRS has discovered more than 1 million Americans whose Social Security numbers were stolen by illegal immigrants, but officials never bothered to tell the taxpayers themselves, the agency’s inspector general said in a withering new report released Tuesday.

Investigators first alerted the IRS to the problem five years ago, but it’s still not fixed, the inspector general said, and a pilot program meant to test a solution was canceled, and fell woefully short anyway.

As a result most taxpayers don’t learn that their identities have been stolen and their Social Security files may be screwed up.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
LIES!!

Obama would never let this happen. He the man who is for The People.

edit on 30-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Not surprising. Can you imagine if Wal-Mart or some other company compromised a million social security numbers? The government would be demanding answers and investigating.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Liberal Logic

If you think laws should be applied across the board, that person is a racist. e.g. immigration or identity fraud

If one thinks that laws should be applied by race, then you are a social justice warrior and are enlightened

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

If Arkansas's Walmart were the culprit, would they? Maybe this year. 50/50 chance that next year they wouldn't...

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Some dude stole my entire identity back in the '80s. He's living under my name a block from where I used to live in Joisey. He's got a wife and kids now (carrying my family's name). As far as I can tell he doesn't do anything wrong at all. Why he became my doppleganger ... I'll never know ... but, he pays taxes my SSN gets credit for.

And the IRS doesn't give a rat's a--. They won't do anything until he files a claim.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Cigarettes

Just wait until he gets your SS and they don't believe that you are the original owner of that number.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ahhh, the IRS. They're a great bunch of folks, huh? I hear something new about it every day that makes me love them more.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Bu-but I was told this couldn't happen, and that I was a racist for thinking that it was!

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Or is this intentional to hide the illegal immigration problem?

And/or so the Feds can keep the extra dollars paid into SSI...

I'm pretty sure this has happened to my husband, but he's not even supposed to know, much less be able to do anything about it. One of the office girls received a notice from the IRS saying that two people were using my husband's SS#, asking for them to verify his employment. She gave it to my husband. He called the IRS and all hell broke loose! They basically told him it was none of his business; they then called his employer and raised hell about "confidentiality" and "security" and said my husband was not supposed to be informed. They were simply supposed to forward his ID -- driver's license, social security card, whatever. Neither the office nor my husband heard any more about it. But Social Security did send him an amended Social Security statement, reducing his projected benefits. We figured that was because they deducted the other person's earnings from his account.

On the one hand, I kind of understand it, if they're trying to catch the ID thief.

On the other hand, I don't trust the Feds enough to give them that much credit. I'm just hoping and praying that it doesn't come back to bite us in the butt in a few years when he retires

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I have heard of people that this has happened to and they went through hell trying to prove their own identity. If that ever happened to me, I would be furious and make damned sure they were prosecuted to the fullest extent. GRRRR!

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Intentional.

All tax collected stays with the Feds, if not claimed.

If dead people are not filing, the Feds, States keep the money.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I have a solution but for some reason people think enforcing Federal law is racist.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
LIES!!

Obama would never let this happen. He the man who is for The People.

A man for the people using stolen SS #s.
Why not? He's using one himself.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Pretty bad when the very government that issues all your identity paperwork can't be trusted with it.... Can't we just storm the castle, cancel all agreements, divide the wealth evenly, & call it a day.....

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cigarettes
Some dude stole my entire identity back in the '80s. He's living under my name a block from where I used to live in Joisey. He's got a wife and kids now (carrying my family's name). As far as I can tell he doesn't do anything wrong at all. Why he became my doppleganger ... I'll never know ... but, he pays taxes my SSN gets credit for.

And the IRS doesn't give a rat's a--. They won't do anything until he files a claim.
How do you know you aren't paying into his account...Who's address is on file at the IRS...You might better hope you get to claim your benefits before he does...

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

That sounds absolutely criminal. Your husband isn't supposed to know that someone else is using his SSN? What a bunch of crooks, someone is obviously taking advantage of this situation and not "going by the book"

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Boadicea

That sounds absolutely criminal. Your husband isn't supposed to know that someone else is using his SSN? What a bunch of crooks, someone is obviously taking advantage of this situation and not "going by the book"

Yeah, something's not right. We were worried about that person getting credit cards and stuff in his name and watched our credit reports like a hawk after that, but nothing strange ever came up. We put a block on our credit, so no credit can be obtained in our names without our being physically present and producing picture ID. So far, so good.

But it all left a very poor taste in our mouths.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Oh cool, I'll have more money credited to me then. Yippie!!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join