It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where the presidential race stands today (Trump up by 3%)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The article is reporting on a polling sight that is updated supposedly every day... At present Trump has a three point advantage.

One problem with polls as we all know is the size of the poll and the questions asked during the poll taking.. This poll seems better than most by the way the data is collected and the size of those polled..

This election cycle, something those in the USA should consider, are the estimated 4 million absentee ballets that are typically cast each election cycle.. At least 2% are statistically thrown out every cycle because of addresses for some other reason like the ballot was not received in time... last cycle it was reported overseas military ballots were delayed and not counted (probably a thread on ATS about that).. Anyway since we are always seeing some poll claiming Clinton is ahead I thought I would post this...

The USC Dornsife/Los Angeles Times "Daybreak" poll tracks about 3,000 eligible voters until election day, asking on a regular basis about their support for Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump or other candidates as well as their likelihood of actually casting a ballot.

We update the data each day based on the weighted average of poll responses over the previous week. That means results have less volatility than some other polls, but also means the poll lags somewhat in responding to major events in the campaign. More about the poll and why it differs from others.

graphics.latimes.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The Hillary zombies will be in here shortly to call this an "outlier" poll because it doesn't fit within their neatly scripted MSM narrative.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

All polls are evil and should be stopped.

Here is why I think so.

Politicians offer up their platforms.

then they take polls.

If the "polls" are negative, what to the politicians do?

they lie so their poll numbers can go up.

So we end up with two or more politicians who have lied and lied and lied so they can get the people to vote for them.

Polls enable lying politicians.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Polls are totally discounted until they favor your political flavor then it's cause for a celebration. curious....

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

The Hillary zombies will be in here shortly to call this an "outlier" poll because it doesn't fit within their neatly scripted MSM narrative.

Wouldn't doubt it. That's what the Trumpites did just this afternoon about a poll having Hillary ahead in Penn.

ETA: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-8-2016 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Oddly polls only seem to matter when a persons chosen candidate is ahead, otherwise they are meaningless and have no indication of the pulse of America. That goes for both sides.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

Actually I thought it was the Trump supporters who flock to every thread about a poll to explain how pointless and inaccurate polls are. The only accurate polls are the ones that put Trump ahead.
edit on 30-8-2016 by Syphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I thought all polls were rigged (unless Trump is in front of course)!

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Polls are totally discounted until they favor your political flavor then it's cause for a celebration. curious....

Perfect.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

I thought all polls were rigged (unless Trump is in front of course)!

Exactly

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Just like in 2012, all of those who don't want to accept reality will yell, shout and scream how one or two obscure polls show the GOP candidate winning. (You should ask Karl Rove how that went last time). Tell your self what ever you want - whatever it takes for you to get through another day.

top topics

join