It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New " Wow " Signal, Arecibo Message And Chilbolton Crop Circle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Very interesting post. I would be curious to know if there is any chance that this signal could in any way be our single somehow being bounced back to us somehow. Although with the news of SET I investigating a new signal discovered by the Russians certainly lends credence to an actual signal being transmitted.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 123143

LASERS are line of sight and uni-directional, as they travel through space there is a high chance they would terminate on an object that didn't have sufficient gravity to bend space/time and hence bend the beam around the object.

Radio waves are Omni-directional and can propagate around an object in the same way waves in the sea propagate around a boat.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobsa

LASERS are line of sight and uni-directional, as they travel through space there is a high chance they would terminate on an object that didn't have sufficient gravity to bend space/time and hence bend the beam around the object.

Radio waves are Omni-directional and can propagate around an object in the same way waves in the sea propagate around a boat.

I facepalmed after I posted that, but thanks for the reminder. Sometimes I'm a complete idiot.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

lol party pooper

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

You're right about better technology for sending signals to space though, I've often thought a technology based on neutrinos would be better as this passes through, rather than around matter and can be focused. It still could only really be used for linear line communications and the "small" matter of detecting the neutrino and encoding/decoding messages with it would need to be resolved.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join