It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina Neighborhood Reports Clowns Are Trying To Lure Kids Into The Woods

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

One serious hindrance to law enforcement has been the fact that these clowns, often, do not literally exist. Or, if they do, no tangible evidence of their existence can be found. But that doesn't make them any less real to the residents of places like Greenville, South Carolina, where media is now warning that candy-bearing clowns are trying to lure children into the woods.

Source.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Remember this guy? He was wandering around in Wisconsin not too long ago, and he was real.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If anyone reports this clown having its entire body (upper and lower) hanging out a second story window with its feet barely touching the outer sill, while it holds a bunch of red balloons, I'm outta here.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Did the kids see the clown after 10 PM? Just wondering why the apartment letter felt the need to remind parents about the 10 PM curfew for kids. It shouldn't take a clown to scare kids inside at this time of night! The parents should be more responsible because it's not just a creepy clown that could be out there stalking, watching and waiting!

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Morningglory
a reply to: chris_stibrany

This account terrified me. From your link.

In the early hours of Aug. 20, around 2:30 a.m., another resident said she was walking home when she saw “a large-figured clown with a blinking nose, standing under a post light near the garbage dumpster area.”

The woman said the clown waved at her so she waved back while safely making her way home. The suspect did not approach her or harm her in any way, the incident report states.

She waved back...I would've been pissed off. Pretty obvious at 2:30am his only intent was to freak the hell out of that poor woman. What an @$$ hole.

Bear pepper spray leaves a lasting impression on pests like that. It's got quite a range/punch but it's only meant to scare predators. A taste of his own medicine, scaring people with creepy clown suits/pepper spray, same thing. LOL

I doubt he'd go to the ER or press charges. Even if he did unless he filmed the exchange, I'd deny it. Not sure he'd look very credible wearing a clown suit at 2:30 am.

One would think that in the US, we are still free to walk around outside whenever we want (no curfew) wearing various/sundry costumes like clowns, or the grim reaper.

Maybe he's being an asshole. Maybe he was just exercising his right to be eccentric. Who knows.

None of us have a right to safety. If you want safety, you have to secure that for yourself.

Yeah but if you are banging chains in my front door at 2:30am, you may be in for a surprise.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Remember this guy? He was wandering around in Wisconsin not too long ago, and he was real.

Well, not all that real:

Reactions range from amused to horrified, but now, local actor C.j. Guzan is exposing ‘Gags’ as a scare tactic that he believes was taken too far.

“I auditioned for a role in this short film that was a horror short film about a clown that went around Green Bay,” said Guzan, adding that “this is the first step of their viral marketing.”

As part of that marketing, Guzan says actors in the short were asked to share photos of the fear-mongering clown. He wants people to realize it’s fake.

WBAY.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Is there like a creepy homeless camp where a bunch of psycho people are dressing up and trying to do this, or are people already dressed up as clowns walking into the woods to do this.

Local authorities should keep an eye on any activity around there from now on and see if they can catch these bastards

My guess is "The creepy homeless" people can't afford Clown outfits, so they are probably people who walked into the woods with the suit and did a costume change.
edit on 30-8-2016 by ugmold because: update

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

In the state of Texas, on my property at tht time gives me broad discretion on how i choose to handle it.

But i mean, come on....in Portland or Austin this wouldn't even be unusual. In Greenville, SC....it apparently is.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

In the state of Texas, on my property at tht time gives me broad discretion on how i choose to handle it.

But i mean, come on....in Portland or Austin this wouldn't even be unusual. In Greenville, SC....it apparently is.

Well if they are truly offering kids money to walk in the woods it doesnt matter where it is. It beyond beeing kookie.

I lived in Austin for 13 years.

Never. had any clowns or zombies knock on my door at. 2am.

Just a guess but if someone was rattling chains against your door I doubt you would be thrilled about it and welcoming.

The whole thing could be a joke. And your right if it was just a weirdo in a clown costume who cares.

Trying to get kids to follow you into the woods, thats not self expression. Thats a great way to make a dad or mom go nuts and get violent.
edit on 30-8-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I fricking hate clowns.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

I fricking hate clowns.

I'm right with you brother...

There ought to be a law against them...

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Removed Spam
edit on 8/30/2016 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Apparently there is only one couple going on record about this:

Donna and James Arnold, who live in the Fleetwood Manor complex with their two sons, aged 10 and 13, told BuzzFeed News she filed the report.
“[Our children] mentioned, ‘Mama, there’s clowns out there in the woods and they’re trying to get us to come out there,’” James Arnold said. “Some had chains, some had knives, and some were holding out money, saying, ‘Come here, we’ve got candy for you,’ but they wouldn’t go.”

“It’s getting a little ridiculous. My son, he’s seen 10 at one time. It doesn’t make no sense that they would be targeting kids,” Donna Arnold said.

Ten clowns in the woods. With chains and knives. Holding out money and saying "we've got candy for you."

My vote is young imaginations run wild.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Oh hell to the nooooooooooope. If a clown comes within arm's length of me, he/she/it is going down like a two-dollar whore, no questions asked. I will lay a clown out.

Funny this is happening in Greenville though. My mother lives there.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The offering kids money...that sounds like hysteria. Its doesn't sound like anything real. The whole story actually sounds like hysteria based on a one off incident.

Chains on the door...is there video? Or just anecdotes?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I live in SC and this is a way to get your dumb arse shot full of holes. Dude steps in my yard hes getting shot dead if he dont vacate the premisis post haste. i HATE clowns. That fake smile..those shifty eyes. the over sized clothes that can hide weapons. I need to post a sign . All clowns will be shot.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Oh hell to the nooooooooooope. If a clown comes within arm's length of me, he/she/it is going down like a two-dollar whore, no questions asked. I will lay a clown out.

Funny this is happening in Greenville though. My mother lives there.

Im with your line of thinking. Ill pistol whip a clown like eminem beat Violent J and shaggy 2 dope in the club.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The article says there's an abandoned house near a pond?

Burn the house and drain the pond!

Pitch forks and torches... shot guns.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
Hence why i say if its truly happening.

I am referencing the articles and sheriffs reports. I have no idea if this is going on at all.

If it is (plenty of weirdos like gacy out there) this is what my comments are about.

The kids and money reference was how the sheriffs were notified to begin with.

No idea if its true.

But if you dress like a clown and try and take my kid into the woods, I aint holding back

Thats all I am saying.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I didn't read all the pages, but maybe pranksters?

I was just watching some of these yesterday (tons of em in youtube) for the first time. Killer stuff!!!

edit on 30-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join