It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina Neighborhood Reports Clowns Are Trying To Lure Kids Into The Woods

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer

originally posted by: eriktheawful
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Being as I live in this state, more than likely a bunch of us red necks will grab our hunting rifles and go hunting clown in those woods......

I can imagine a few strapped to the hood of the huntin' truck. Will a taxidermist process a clown?

LOL good one.

All, here is the article I read that states they had weapons:
www.washingtonpost.com... dren-into-woods/

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

This account terrified me. From your link.

In the early hours of Aug. 20, around 2:30 a.m., another resident said she was walking home when she saw “a large-figured clown with a blinking nose, standing under a post light near the garbage dumpster area.”

The woman said the clown waved at her so she waved back while safely making her way home. The suspect did not approach her or harm her in any way, the incident report states.

She waved back...I would've been pissed off. Pretty obvious at 2:30am his only intent was to freak the hell out of that poor woman. What an @$$ hole.

Bear pepper spray leaves a lasting impression on pests like that. It's got quite a range/punch but it's only meant to scare predators. A taste of his own medicine, scaring people with creepy clown suits/pepper spray, same thing. LOL

I doubt he'd go to the ER or press charges. Even if he did unless he filmed the exchange, I'd deny it. Not sure he'd look very credible wearing a clown suit at 2:30 am.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
oops sorry dbl
edit on 8-30-2016 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

As far as being marketing..

Not only would it lead to a lawsuit, child endangerment charges, it could be worse the "actors" being beaten or shot.

Not smart at all. If i saw clowns taking a kid to the woods I would stop the situation. If it was my oen children I would see red and those clowns whould not like whats coming and they may not see it coming.

Its one thing if uncle charlie scares the kids another thing entirely for strangers to harass people at their homes.

edit on 30-8-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Agreed. Definitely crossing the line messing with kids. The other stories I saw said something about the clowns just standing somewhere, looking suspicious and frightening but not bothering anyone. Weird.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: beeyotch
ive lived in south Carolina most of my life but on the coast, as soon as you leave the coast its the dumbest red necks just like every state, my guess is red necks lol

You must know then greenville is the hipster center of SC, full of art and music and enjoyimg a complete revival. But yeah rednecks still do exist there but its not like being in simpsonville or out further into the Blue Ridge.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

That would make more sense.

Running through the woods when the school bus drops kids off or something sure, but let me tell you if my kids told me there were nut jobs luring them in the woods I would prob loose my mind and set up a deer stand.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
First of all my parents live a mile or less from where this is going on. I just spent a month there in june/ july.

Greenville is a family orientated community. They wont tolerate this. Something tells me these clowns are about to get the piss scared out of them by some angry fathers.

Finally. Greenville is not redneck land. Most of the city is less than 5 years old and is all out of state folks immigrating in. Like my parents. Michelin tires, lockheed and bmw all have major factories there and more are comming. Its by no means hickville. When i was there last my parents neighbor took me up in a private 5 passanger airplane he owned. Not exactly hick town.

Go walk around furman universities canpus and then cone back to me with redneck talk.

Either way im going to call my mom and see what the locals are really saying about these clowns and get back to you guys.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Kinda reminded me of this when I saw the title. Sorry for poor quality video.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Totally. Greenville is like a mini Austin. Nice mix of historic, nature, and modern. Its actually one of the most beautiful downtowns I have seen in the US. The massive trees they kept over mainstreet is pretty awesome.
edit on 30-8-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Sounds like we need to send ninjas in to clear out the wild clown den in the woods.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I love main street there. The reedy river is one of the prettiest central parks of a city ive rver seen.

I love to get some food and drinks at places like the carolina ale house.

Lots of street buskers and the hotels on the reedy downtown are pretty nice.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morningglory

This account terrified me. From your link.

In the early hours of Aug. 20, around 2:30 a.m., another resident said she was walking home when she saw “a large-figured clown with a blinking nose, standing under a post light near the garbage dumpster area.”

The woman said the clown waved at her so she waved back while safely making her way home. The suspect did not approach her or harm her in any way, the incident report states.

She waved back...I would've been pissed off. Pretty obvious at 2:30am his only intent was to freak the hell out of that poor woman. What an @$$ hole.

Bear pepper spray leaves a lasting impression on pests like that. It's got quite a range/punch but it's only meant to scare predators. A taste of his own medicine, scaring people with creepy clown suits/pepper spray, same thing. LOL

I doubt he'd go to the ER or press charges. Even if he did unless he filmed the exchange, I'd deny it. Not sure he'd look very credible wearing a clown suit at 2:30 am.

One would think that in the US, we are still free to walk around outside whenever we want (no curfew) wearing various/sundry costumes like clowns, or the grim reaper.

Maybe he's being an asshole. Maybe he was just exercising his right to be eccentric. Who knows.

None of us have a right to safety. If you want safety, you have to secure that for yourself.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
There is also the possibility this is to one extent or another the product of hysteria like Slender Man, Micky Mouse '___' tattoos, Satanic panic or other sorts of urban legends.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
#ClownLivesMatter

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Clowns?

Great...

One of the few things in this world that gives me the shivers.

Thanks so much for posting!

edit on 8/30/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

I like a good weird news story. Better than your average shooting/stabbing/torture/political idiocy

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Creepy Clown sightings have been a thing over the past few years. It's not hard to find lots of news stories about them popping iup and freaking people out. This seems to be an escalation in the creepy clown trend though and it's disturbing.

There is a video on the creepy clown thing on YouTube that might be relevant. I'll need to get home and review it. If it is, I'll drop it in here later on.

That is, clowns have a creepy and dark side to them.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
In the US, you can't wear a clown costume and run around in the woods without inciting the villagers to take up pitchforks and torches.....

You are only free to act like everyone else. Act eccentric, and it becomes national news meant to terrify the masses.

We all walk around with computers in our hands....and still exhibit the same superstitious proclivities we always have. "Advancement of human culture"....LOL, indeed.

edit on 8/30/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join