It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina Neighborhood Reports Clowns Are Trying To Lure Kids Into The Woods

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

The creepy sightings at Greenville’s Fleetwood Manor Apartment Complex allegedly began on Aug. 19, when a resident relayed that her son said he saw clowns “whispering and making strange noises” in the nearby woods, according to an incident report obtained by The Huffington Post.

South Carolina Neighborhood Reports Clowns Are Trying To Lure Kids Into The Woods

I think this is super creepy and mysterious. It feels like something out of The X-Files or a Stephen King or Thomas Ligotti story.
I wonder what will happen next.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

there is sickos everywhere there is peados trying to lure kids into abandoned warehouses and such with pokemon go you can buy a pokemon and have it placed anywhere you like.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Being as I live in this state, more than likely a bunch of us red necks will grab our hunting rifles and go hunting clown in those woods......

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Sounds like viral marketing for the upcoming It remake...

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Is there like a creepy homeless camp where a bunch of psycho people are dressing up and trying to do this, or are people already dressed up as clowns walking into the woods to do this.

Local authorities should keep an eye on any activity around there from now on and see if they can catch these bastards

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It doesn't sound like anything good will happen there...sounds like child molestsers to me. Doesn't sound paranormal at all....just a bunch of perverts trying to lure kids. If I were the Sherrif there, I'd set up a sting and catch the clowns.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Yes, it sounds very weird and no good.
The strange thing is though, if they were trying to lure kids, why would they be displaying knives, chains and weapons?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Greenville is a pretty hip blossoming small city. How weird.

I agree though with another sc poster pretty good way to get shot in a state loaded with firearms.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

The other thing that makes me think it is stranger than paedos is not only the displaying of weapons being against the MO but also the fact that they are in a large group and not being furtive and individual.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Maybe marketing for the new Rob Zombie movie 31 also... He's doing a sneak peak screening on Thursday nation wide...

I think most kids are scared of clowns not sure it would be the best way to lure them into the woods.. Maybe?

Hopefully just some prank or marketing scheme , otherwise it's time to whoop some clown a$$

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Kind of like an insane clown posse?

Really just weird.

I didnt see the weapons in the article just that some lady heard chains on her door. Which is also very strange.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
Maybe marketing for the new Rob Zombie movie 31 also... He's doing a sneak peak screening on Thursday nation wide...

I think most kids are scared of clowns not sure it would be the best way to lure them into the woods.. Maybe?

Hopefully just some prank or marketing scheme , otherwise it's time to whoop some clown a$$

You would have to be a real moron to market a movie by luring kids in the woods. Personally if i were to encounter such a seen it would not end well for clowns. Nobody should be that dumb unless people are creating the story after given money to spread it for marketing. Even then just not real bright.
edit on 30-8-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

My first instinct is to say this smells very urban folkloric and completely hearsay. It sounds like the start of a local myth and *possibly* originates with the 'son of a local resident' who apparently saw the clowns.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The quickest way to get shot, dress up like a clown, stand in the woods, while trying to lure kids....

edit on 30-8-2016 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Being as I live in this state, more than likely a bunch of us red necks will grab our hunting rifles and go hunting clown in those woods......

I can imagine a few strapped to the hood of the huntin' truck. Will a taxidermist process a clown?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: mx44z

there is sickos everywhere there is pedals trying to lure kids into abandoned warehouses and such with pokemon go you can buy a pokemon and have it placed anywhere you like.

Good point, never thought of that.

Parents, teach your children... when a stranger beckons, scream as loud as you can and run the opposite direction.

Kids have a siren scream on purpose, to draw attention. Put distance and alarm as quick as you can.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable
I think Stephen Kings inspiration came from the real killer clown,

John Wayne Gacy

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: SteamyJeans

You would have to be a real moron to market a movie by luring kids in the woods. Personally if i were to encounter such a seen ot would not end well for clowns. Nobody should be that dumb unless people are creating the story after given money to spreas it for marketing. Even then just not real bright.

People, especially kids, like a good scare. IT is a horror film, so yes, actually a great marketing ploy. I saw something in the news recently about strange clowns appearing in other towns as well and the police were called. Can't remember where I saw that too, but, would fit in with this idea.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
ive lived in south Carolina most of my life but on the coast, as soon as you leave the coast its the dumbest red necks just like every state, my guess is red necks lol

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join