It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida College Bans Passion of the Christ but Allows Anti-Christian Skit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Florida’s Indian River Community College (IRCC), which recently prohibited Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ" from being shown on campus, has admitted that last year it approved a screening of the R-rated documentary film "Welcome to Sarajevo" at a college-sponsored event.

This information contradicts the college’s claim to have banned all R-rated movies – an unwritten policy that it used to justify its decision to prohibit the Christian Student Fellowship (CSF) from screening "The Passion of the Christ."

The college also admitted that it allowed a skit called "F**king for Jesus" to be performed on campus. The college now says that permission was a breakdown of procedure.

NewsMax.com

Anti-Christian bias on college campuses continues to worsen. The double standard of allowing a Christian-bashing skit with and obscene name to be performed while banning a Christian student group from showing a film depicting the last days of Jesus is appalling to me. The left professes that they are for free speech but it is apparent that the only speech they think deserves freedom is their own.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
This is not something new.
It's been going on for many years.

Henry Ford wrote about it back in 1920:

if the President of the
United States or the governor of your state should make a specifically Christian allusion in his
Thanksgiving Proclamation, or mention the name of Christ, that act would be protested as offensive to
Jewish sensitiveness. Not only would be done, but has been done.
In the same hearing referred to, quotation was made from a letter written by Carl H. Pierce, special
representative of the Oliver Morosco Photoplay Company, to the executive secretary of the Motion
Picture Board of Trade, in which the following statement appeared:
"You and I have seen boards turn down such plays as the 'Life of the Savior' because
they thought it might offend the Hebrews."
It is apparent that "Jewish sensitiveness" is a spoiled child which has been unduly coddled and
that it has interfered to such an extent that the real question becomes one of non-Jewish rights.
The Jewish defenders have been asking, Why should a nation of 110,000,000 people be considered
in danger from 3,000,000 Jews? And "Gentile fronts," with all the zest of a new idea, have shouted the
same challenging question.
It might be advantageous to answer thus: Why should a country of 110,000,000 people, mostly of
Christian faith and practice, be prevented from seeing the "Life of the Savior" portrayed on the screen
because it is feared to offend the Jews?
link

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Was the skit funny?

Passion was a terrible comedy, until the end. I'm hoping they can get Caviezel back for the sequel, Passion of the Christ 2: Christ Harder. Maybe get Hillary Duff to star as his wacky sidekick.

Or, maybe they can just reenergize the entire Jurassic Park franchise by doing a theme park filled with genetic Jesus clones run dangerously amok.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
A group of people dont want to watch a film where a man is tortured to death? What is wrong with these people, dont they see the entertainment value in crucifiction?

Im just looking foreward to Mel Gibsons nativity, comple with 90 minute birth scene.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
A group of people dont want to watch a film where a man is tortured to death? What is wrong with these people, dont they see the entertainment value in crucifiction?

Im just looking foreward to Mel Gibsons nativity, comple with 90 minute birth scene.

The fact is that this group wanted to show it to their members. Nobody would be forced to watch anything. The school banned them anyway, while allowing blatently offensive material performed by other groups.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
A mistake was made and the college has apologised. Its not an example of anti christian sentiment on the part of the college, just on the part of the students. THe skit was probably seen as a project and wasnt an R rated film, therefore it wasnt covered by the rule.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735
Was the skit funny?

Passion was a terrible comedy, until the end. I'm hoping they can get Caviezel back for the sequel, Passion of the Christ 2: Christ Harder. Maybe get Hillary Duff to star as his wacky sidekick.

Or, maybe they can just reenergize the entire Jurassic Park franchise by doing a theme park filled with genetic Jesus clones run dangerously amok.

Hey call me Dec 22 2012,......ops, forgot your cell phone wont work in the lake of fire!

[edit on 21-1-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Originally posted by brimstone735
Was the skit funny?

Hey call me Dec 22 2012,......ops, forgot your cell phone wont work in the lake of fire!

[edit on 21-1-2005 by DrHoracid]

Brimstone is certainly a good, appropriate name. A taste of your future perhaps?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe

Exactly watching torture sure means big business even for the religious zealots.

Now I will love to see the 90 minute birth scene with all the "Passion of the birth pain" people will love to see the "pain and suffering" of giving birth.

I tell you it will make a "killing"

I was force to watch the crucifixion every year in my home town on passover week, they had the parade with the church saints and the Jesus live enact of the crucifixion. I tell you people in their faith does have a thing for suffering and torturing.

then all week during passover on TV it was Spanish movies of the passion over and over again.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Marg6043 says:

“..then all week during passover on TV it was Spanish movies of the passion over and over again…..”

No hay ley que dice que usted lo tiene que mirarlo en la televisión. Pienso que muchas personas (incluyendo yo y mi familia) que miran la película no lo vieron como una película de tormento, pero cuando un inspirando.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I can imagine, Marg, that it is a real drag on one's fun to be reminded so often how Christ suffered and died for our sins.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
IMO, if jesus did suffer on a cross, then he did so of his own volition and without my consent/notification/approval/etc.

Why then should I be obligated to him in any way?

He had his life, he doesn't need mine as well.....

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Awww, I swear, christians are starting to feel the heat. After 1500 years of killing, persecuting, and violating people they are having to follow rules. Hahaha, have fun and thanks for all the fish.(reference to Goodbye Earth, and Thanks For All the Fish by Douglas Adams 4th book in the trilogy, not Jesus magic trick of one into many, a very simple one even I can do)

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Hey buddy, why don't you go to hell?

In 100 years you'll be there anyway. Speed up the process.

And you'll laugh at me now, and so will others, but one day you will remember every word of what I've said and you'll give anything to have listened now, but it will be too late.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
IMO, if jesus did suffer on a cross, then he did so of his own volition and without my consent/notification/approval/etc.

You are right.

Why then should I be obligated to him in any way?

If you are sinless you have nothing to worry about.

He had his life, he doesn't need mine as well.....

Your life is only your own because it was given to you by God, just as he has given you the opportunity of redemption.

Steve

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
Hey buddy, why don't you go to hell?

Which one of us sinners are you talking to?

If I don't associate myself with Christians on a daily basis, why would I want to do it when I die?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I can imagine, Marg, that it is a real drag on one's fun to be reminded so often how Christ suffered and died for our sins.

Can you provide a link to prove this?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogansRun

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Can you provide a link to prove this?

www.newsmax.com/JesusDiedCauseLiberalsLoveSatan

Come on, you know it's coming.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street

No hay ley que dice que usted lo tiene que mirarlo en la televisión. Pienso que muchas personas (incluyendo yo y mi familia) que miran la película no lo vieron como una película de tormento, pero cuando un inspirando.

Pretty good on the spanish, by the way I am not a religious believer and I am more into Jesus the real human a regular man that the Christ of faith, the icon of the christian believes.

With that I answer to your post also Thomas.

Christians does have a thing for torturing even if its their own holy icon.

new topics

top topics

join