It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Phone Call from the Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It was‭ ‬early around‭ ‬1:00‭ ‬am.
We got a Phone Call,‭ ‬very strangely,‭ ‬that when I looked up what had been experienced,

it was a Call from the Other Side.

Turns out,‭ ‬it was someone I had known many years earlier in my youth.

I Loved him like a Brother.‭ ‬He Protected me from some very Evil people.

He watched over me,‭ ‬helped me through that little rough spot.

After one month,‭ ‬I never saw him again.

Yes,‭ ‬he crosses my mind from time to time.

I won‭’‬t ever forget his kindness.

I know he is at peace and will always have a special place in my heart.

His Name was Tommy.‭ ‬He was Tall,‭ ‬Thin Build,‭ ‬Black,‭ ‬Curly Hair,‭ ‬Bluest Eyes that

could melt the coldest heart.

We were,‭ ‬it seemed,‭ ‬inseparable.

He was sweet and playful.

I wish sometimes that I could have had more time to get to know him better,‭ ‬but I was

too young at the time to understand real Love.

I wish Tommy peace on his Journey and maybe one day,‭ ‬I will see him again.

A part of me does miss him and what he meant to me.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: psychicmom
It was‭ ‬early around‭ ‬1:00‭ ‬am.
We got a Phone Call,‭ ‬very strangely,‭ ‬that when I looked up what had been experienced,

it was a Call from the Other Side.

Turns out,‭ ‬it was someone I had known many years earlier in my youth.

I Loved him like a Brother.‭ ‬He Protected me from some very Evil people.

He watched over me,‭ ‬helped me through that little rough spot.

After one month,‭ ‬I never saw him again.

Yes,‭ ‬he crosses my mind from time to time.

I won‭’‬t ever forget his kindness.

I know he is at peace and will always have a special place in my heart.

His Name was Tommy.‭ ‬He was Tall,‭ ‬Thin Build,‭ ‬Black,‭ ‬Curly Hair,‭ ‬Bluest Eyes that

could melt the coldest heart.

We were,‭ ‬it seemed,‭ ‬inseparable.

He was sweet and playful.

I wish sometimes that I could have had more time to get to know him better,‭ ‬but I was

too young at the time to understand real Love.

I wish Tommy peace on his Journey and maybe one day,‭ ‬I will see him again.

A part of me does miss him and what he meant to me.

Wait, your friend called you on the telephone, and you spoke to him? And your friend passed away before you spoke to him on the phone?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 191stMIDET Yes.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: psychicmom

Wow...so sorry. This happened to me and my brother. He used to say "Number 9, Number 9, Number 9..."..this from an old Beatles record.

Several weeks after he passed, I was napping on the couch. I awoke and saw my phone flashing. Thats odd I thought...I didnt hear it ring and its not set to vibrate. When I picked it up and looked....I almost fell off the couch....

No ring remember, no vibrate...and it said "Call rec'vd from....999,999, 9999". I know it was him because we always played Beatle music in our bands for years and years and were so close everyday, every marriage throughout our entire lives.

Another one? I took care of my mother as a fulltime caregiver until she passed. To this day...we frequently get calls left on our land line phone from the cemetery she rests in.

I call back the cemetery...because actually they are nice to check back every few years or so with family members (undoubtedly to sell more plots I know, I know)...but when I return the calls...the only employee that does the calling? She says no one called our house...and she would be the only one.

Caller ID says the name and number of the cemetery...and when called back? Nope. It never has been from them. ""Im really sorry sir. But, I didnt call you." I HAVE to believe its Mother letting me know she's still around. My brother as well...

I think when we pass...we never really go away...we just step over and into a veil between worlds where we just cant see thru...but are there never-the-less.

And Mom left a message I found after she passed...it said in part "Don't think of me as gone..but just away for awhile...for we will meet again."

That gives me comfort...God Bless, MS

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: psychicmom
a reply to: 191stMIDET Yes.

What was said on the phone call?
Please share.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

That's a beautiful and rare thing to get a call like that. I was visited in a dream by a loved one who had just died but actually talking on the phone is wild.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
I think when we pass...we never really go away...we just step over and into a veil between worlds where we just cant see thru...but are there never-the-less.

I believe this too. I once heard a sensitive describe it as someone who recently passed supposedly told her. For the departed, when they see our dimension, it's like looking through a rainy or frosty window from the outside. Blurry, with barely distinguishable forms. Who knows.

I can describe an experience, (it did not happen to me personally, but my mother and brother). My father passed from cancer in '91 at age 51. For weeks after he passed, my mother would hear someone walking from upstairs to downstairs, our creaking steps and all. She just chalked it up to her emotional state of missing my father, as it was still recent. But it kept happening, every morning about 1:30 am, she would hear heavy footsteps walking down our steps. Coincidentally, my father was a truck driver for a bakery for thirty years, and he would leave for work every morning about 1:30. After more than a month she mentioned the occurrence to my brother, who was 17, still living at home. Unbeknownst to my mother, my brother was hearing the steps too but never said anything previously to her, as he attributed it to his imagination as he was missing my father also. Long story short, as being Catholic, a priest came over to the house. He just said some prayers and said to my father everything was alright, and it was time for him to go. Both my mother and brother never heard the noises from then on. I truly believe some people don't know they're dead, or accept the fact they're dead, and do repeat the same things they remember doing. They get stuck here sometimes and need a little reminder to move on.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
There was one time right after the death of a family member, my phone had horrible "static" when I tried to make a phone call, as if someone else was trying to speak. Who knows. Another time, my sisters and I ended up gathering around one sister's dining room table to intentionally pay our respects to our deceased parents. We laughed, we cried, we shared memories. We spoke aloud to our parents as if they could hear us. At one point, all of a sudden, the lights in the kitchen flickered, then the phone rang, but when my sister answered it, the connection was so bad that she could not understand the caller. The funny thing is, she never had further trouble with either lights or phone.

a reply to: UnBreakable

You might be interested in this book "Holy Ghosts: Or How a (Not-So) Good Catholic Boy Became a Believer in Things That Go Bump in the Night" by Gary Jansen. An easy, good read, and I got a lot out of it.

My Dad had preceded my Mom in death. As she was on her deathbed, extremely weak, with all of us surrounding her bed, all of a sudden she opened her eyes, looked up, and mentioned my Dad's name. Ok, so not unusual. Until I glanced at the clock. She called out his name at the exact time that he would have come home from work.

He always came home at the same time. As children we would eagerly keep watch for him to drive up, and he would then make his appearance in the kitchen where my Mom was preparing dinner, waiting for his "welcome home" kiss. He was her life partner and rock, and they had this routine for decades. When he passed on, she lived her life well, but looked forward to the day they could be together again. So, I think that day as she was close to passing on, my Dad came by to let her (and all of us!) know that he would be there to welcome her Home.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Thanks, I'll find and read that book. Between my story and yours, I believe it all comes down to a "routine" of a person. If that routine was a dominant part during their life, it appears death doesn't automatically impede it. They say one type of a haunting is called "residual", as if a routine during life has been recorded on a video and replayed repeatedly in death. There are stories where witnesses to a residual haunting appear to be ignored by the entity, as if the routine supercedes any interaction. I'm a believer, regardless of concrete proof (or should I say lack thereof).
edit on 8jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join