It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Turkey BFF

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Few things caught my eye.
Turkey apologise to Russia for shooting down Jet
Turkey says Assad may have future in Syria
Russia warn Turkey about coup from us air base
Turkey surround us base in Turkey
Media silenced in Turkey
Russia starts chartered flights back to Turkey
Turkey attack US assets in Syria, ie Kurds.
Obama to fly to Turkey on 4th September.
I don't know, but I think Turkey just sided with Russia.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
You may be correct,, The Kurds will get the shaft... As far as Russia and Turkey I really do not care any more.... however one should always consider who they crawl in bed with. Maybe the Turks thought America snored to much ?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

It is more interesting than Game of Thrones.

(post by ware2010 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if they did side with Russia. It's probably a safe bet that some of the info Russia got from the Secretary of State was related to plans for ousting or destabilizing Erdogan. There are consequences to not following national security protocols. I would also like to speculate that Putin would love to have Hillary as the next POTUS-There is most likely a lot of leverage on her. Even if she tries to refuse to be leveraged it will make her actions very predictable-very bad for foreign relations and policy from the US point of view.

a reply to: REalBEL

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: sjorges2002

Let me go crazy here with my tin foil hat. USA may ally with Iran in return. Iran is keen on Kurdistan. And USA did basically hand half of Iraq to Iran. USA is all out of friends in middle East if they can't win Iran back however.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ware2010

How many clones of him did they make

Like Hitler, there were like 50 assassinations on Hitler. I reckon Hitler was killed very early but they just kept the image of him alive. Every one looks like Hitler when you give them that little mustache.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Today is what dropped my jaw. Did Russia complain about Turkey in Syria? I didn't see it. Did Syria complain? I didn't see it. But I did see big article about USA complaining about Turkey rolling into Syria. Let's keep it as speculation and watch it over next week.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I would be absolutely shocked if USA allied with Iran.. although with the recent "Nuclear Deal", and if Turkey is in fact allying with Russia perhaps really are moving in that direction. Wow, I never thought in my lifetime.. time will tell

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

There could be a little cat and mouse game being played and why not .

“For Moscow, Ankara’s operation was an unpleasant surprise, demonstrating that the expectations for a convergence of the countries’ positions on Syria that emerged after the meeting between Putin and Erdogan were premature. In deciding about the operation in Jarabulus, the Turkish leader has sent a signal that relations with the U.S. remain a priority for him, and he prefers to act in the framework of the antiterrorist coalition led not by Moscow, but Washington.”
www.informationclearinghouse.info... We know that Biden was off to Turkey to patch up or kiss but ....what ever but Russia and Turkey figuring out things behind the scenes may be cause to play it a little distant . If the coup was real then Turkey may well be back on team Russia .

One piece of info a little OT os this tid bit of info that comes from wikileaks worth considering when listening to news .Research Internship Application - Spring 2011 - Mark Sleboda https://__._/gifiles/docs/10/1040918_research-internship-application-spring-2011-mark-sleboda-.html I was thinking that he may actually be a mole for the west because although he takes a kind of anti-western stance he us usually very critical of Putin for not jumping into war . He comes off more as a war hawk .Just something to keep in mind ...

I want to post the link separately as it doesn't seem to link very well
https://__._/gifiles/docs/10/1040918_research-internship-application-spring-2011-mark-sleboda-.html
edit on 30-8-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Gentlemen,
Don't you find it just a little intriguing, that all the circumstances that made this new union possible,
all came about under somewhat questionable actions and events, just at the right time so as to maximize exploitability. This is a truly a unique election cycle. Nothing is ever what it seems at face value.
No matter what the cause or effect, 2016 is the year that the Russians did it.

B-61 warheads moved to Romania ,I don't think so

Repeated inaccurate counts of operational devices (50-90)
Mohammad Dalhan bag manning cash from U.S. Palestinians millionaires to Turkey just days before the coup attempt.
And much more.......

And I'll even throw in a freebie for some of the more astute young investigators here,
One of the weapons used in the Paris event was sold new ( illegally ) in the state of Arizona.

Ole Billy Shakespeare was spot on when he proclaimed " All the world's a stage".

Buck

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

It is more interesting than Game of Thrones.
Almost like angry birds!

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Look at what they are doing not what they say or what the media is saying they are doing, actions exposes real intentions always, works well with what ex's do too

Interesting times ahead......
edit on 30-8-2016 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

Its true that none of us are flies on the wall and we are left to wonder because of some of the side notes .That little "if" in many cases will always be a thorn in our thoughts when trying to see the bigger picture .

In the days to follow we should get a better sense of how this Syrian mess is going to go .Someone has said that SA may invade as well .That would be BIG news but its highly doubtful as they have some issues to the south . The western axis seems to be suffering with Turkey's move . true it just may be part of a plan "B" of some sorts . But with Russia moving back to normal economic relations ,Turkey may be showing them (Russia) they are willing to play their part . Small steps in the right direction and one that is a good fit for the situation .

I still think its all about the coup attempt and if that was a real deal . Only Turkey / Russia / US / NATO know for sure .I kind of look to the book of Daniel as to see the 4 compass points and the survivors that get through it . The west in that case becomes toast while the other 3 are left to carry on for a time .
eta just watching the latest SF report ...seems that the US backed rebels are teaming up with ....guess who ???? ISIS of course its a horse

edit on 30-8-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: REalBEL

Obama to fly to Turkey on 4th September.

I'd cancel that trip. Turkey is in turmoil, even Erdogan needs massive security lately, I can't see what justifies taking a risk like that. Send Biden he's old...

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

It's important. They gotta send their number one. He probably will say something like, get out of Syria or I can't help you if isis use a nuclear bomb in a major Turkish City.

If Russia and Turkey have just allied what should we expect to see.
Increased isis attacks in Turkey
Major complaints from USA about Turkey incursion.
Fsa elements loyal to Turkey turning to fight against isis, Kurds.
USA Kurds on front line fighting alongside isis.

edit on 30-8-2016 by REalBEL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Considering the capabilities as well as the mentality of some of they players in this particular dog and pony show,
do not be surprised by anything.

Also remember, that back at the first of the year Russian GRU head Colonel General Igor Sergun was killed during a covert OP in Syria. The Turks caught the rotten apple on that one, right between the eyes. And Comrade Vlad has very good memory.
Of course, Hillary said the Russians did it !! What ?

Buck

P.S.

Thanks for bring back the memory Peeple !!!

Send Biden he's old...

I used to get that a lot as well, every time we sent a convoy down to Azza (Gaza strip). Send the Indian, he's old. And he cusses good in Arabic too!!
No helmet or flak vest for this one, (light-ass SDS junk, not the real gear) just a mouth full of Beechnut and a 12 gauge pump.
I'm ya Huckleberry,

edit on 30-8-2016 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

turkey have been killing kurds for a few years now, kurds are not american assets either.

based on what?
holiday flights starting again?
and why? what's in it for them?
russia are hardly a superpower anymore, their rich guys are buying up properties in london, not ankara.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

The Turkish invasion is predicated on the basis of “fighting ISIS,” a wholly unbelievable goal since Turkey itself has been supporting, training, and facilitating ISIS since day one. Not only that, but Turkey is arriving in Syria with terrorists in tow since, as the BBC reported, “Between nine and 12 tanks crossed the frontier, followed by pick-up trucks believed to be carrying hundreds of fighters from Turkish-backed factions of the rebel Free Syrian Army (FSA).” If Turkey was interested in stopping terrorism, why would they lead the charges for more terrorists to enter Syria? Indeed, if stopping terrorism was truly Turkey’s goal, it is capable of sealing the border from its own side without any need for invasion so why the war the party?

After all, the US bombing has done nothing but strengthen ISIS at every other location in Syria and Iraq, while even bombing Syrian infrastructure and Iraqi military forces directly, and “accidentally” airdropping of support to ISIS. In the Kurdish areas, however, such bombing seems to be functioning as a primitive and violent method of border shaping that will outline the Kurdish territory from the Syrian and Iraqi territories. Increasing ISIS forces in Ayn al-Arab (Kobane) significantly hampers the ability of the Syrian Army to respond to defeat those forces in these specific areas, thus cutting off Ayn al-Arab from the Syrian Army and leaving the Kurdish areas to the devices of the Kurds as the ISIS forces are beaten back from inside the borders of the developing Kurdistan.

Leaving the question of the legitimacy of a Kurdistan aside for a while and acknowledging the heroism of the Kurds in their fight against ISIS, Nusra, and other terrorist forces, it should be noted that the Kurds have found some very unsavory allies in the process. Most notably, those unsavory allies turn out to be the United States and the Free Syrian Army (proxy terrorists of the US and NATO).

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Kurds are shafted by usa,again.

Obama is coming to Ankara to offer some presents to Erdogan but I don't think Erdogan takes USA & West seriously anymore .

- My 35 years experience tells me that if you don't keep your promise to Turks , you will quickly regret it .

James Jeffery
USA Ambassador to Ankara .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join