It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Who Should I Vote For....Can ANY Of You Do This?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

No one seems to be prepared to accept this as fact, and consider alternatives extensively. There are no movements to get this election hung, and rebooted with properly representative candidates, fair voting systems, no party interference and so on and so forth. There are not significant efforts to ensure that a president is elected who will not be either candidate currently billed for the position.

This thread is proof. No disrespect intended Erictheaweful. For all the marches, protests, heated discussions, violent discourse for or against a candidate there has been zilch in regard to the machine orchestrating this entire process.

Continuing to deny that the same set of strings are being pulled from each side is cognitive dissonance at its finest. Sugar coating a candidate only furthers this agenda.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

This was a thought and social experiment: Can people with very opposing views post comments without having to resort to name calling, insults, and negativity in general.

The answer so far, or at least as far as those that had been participating was: Yes. Yes they can.

It was not intended to be serious debate about the election process this cycle. I simply wanted to hear from people and see if they could express their support in a positive light.

For the more serious discussions (and certainly those filled with negativity) there are more than enough threads about those things.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

See my previous post just 2 above yours.

Im not criticizing any candidates. Im criticizing politics in general, and how that leaves me with no candidates.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: eriktheawful

I suppose you are right. There are no viable candidates.

Hence the thing needs rebooting from the start, and the DNC, and RNC need to be banned from having any financial, or organisational involvement in the process. Their candidates may run, but if the string pullers even get within a mile of a rally or a fundraiser they need locking the hell up until after the votes have been cast.

The problem with that: we saw how the Tea party was usurped. Remember how many politicians tried to hitch their wagons to OWS?

its less about the name of the party, and more about the notion of party. Political parties are step 1 in divide and conquer. And the appeal to majority fallacy tends to shuttle plenty of support their way. Its all about gaining that "tipping point" where you have enough of a following that people will pay attention.

Beyond that, if you abolish the current parties you end up with the same people in new aggregates of political power doing the same ol same ol. You'd have to ban all current politicians from seeking office, and then enact term limits for any position within government whether voted or appointed, beyond simple clerical and administrative work.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Of the available candidates I think Gary would be the best choice. You can't get everything from one party but this seems the most sensible. That said, with the political climate in the States the next prez has a good shot of being assassinated.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
We are not at odds. I agree we have no viable candidate worth supporting in this cycle.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
I have wondered if Trump will even make it to November 11 ? If he pulls ahead in the polls he may be the next Robert Kennedy. As for Clinton, a shooter wouldn't be able to reach her with a 50 Cal BMG the security will be so tight. Same as Obama! Couldn't get to him with a cruse missile.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I have shared else where that in my primary, I voted for Kasich. Why? I watched all the debates and realized that he had the experience of working 'middle-of-the-road, so to speak.

Since then, I have had to take a deeper look, and take quizzes (iside with.com), and really listen to the full content speeches, interviews, and rallies rather than simple sound bytes. Honestly, I am still unsettled.

Clinton: She has an amazing strength in getting her way. Experience, contacts, and does have the ability to make things happen. She seems to be the most clued in since she has more knowledge of the behind the scenes issues that we will never hear about.

Trump: While he doesn't have the political experience, I do recognize he does have an innovative leadership quality, that may be exactly what America needs at this moment in time. Innovative ideas may seem crazy, but more often than not, others can expand on this and bring successful conclusions. He truly does seem to want to create equal opportunity for all Americans.

Stein: I do like that she has a strong character and definitely not part of the elite or established government. As a possible first woman president, she does represent an image that I would exemplify in my daughters and granddaughters, etc.

Johnson: I do believe that he has the necessary expected experience in politics. He comes across quite straight forward and has the ability to work with our 2 party gridlock congress. There would be a balance of give and take.

Obviously, these are simplified personal responses. I will have to make my decisions based on everything accumulate, including future debates, and actually cement my choice in the booth on election day.

I really appreciate this thread, for it does allow me to look at all the candidates objectively, and give me areas to dig deeper in a positive light. (forgive me OP: Btw: Honestly, I stuck with the 4 main proffered candidates here, because I may believe someone else may be better...but would never wish to throw such a good person into the tumult of election vetting...I would not even toss their good name into the hat...even here.)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Harry! That IS you! I knew I had seen that face somewhere before. You haven't changed a bit. Love you, too.

to your post. As a voter, it is as if I am hiring someone to do a job, the job of running one branch of my federal government, a very powerful position in a powerful nation, 50 states, a beautiful and wonderful country. So I sit down with resumes of the candidates, which include your brilliant post, along with their party platform and their job of campaigning. If I did not know the name or sex of the candidate, I would still know who to vote for in 2016. My vote goes to Hillary Clinton.

a reply to: CharlesT

Agree re Powell.
lol I actually donated to Wesley Clark's campaign.
I love Chris Hedges!

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Haven't read the thread yet but I like the idea. I am an Eagle Scout btw and really glad for all the skills and training I got.

Anyway one thing I have to say is Every Election is slinging crap like this one since forever so comparing career politicians to scouts is pretty Silly. Anyway I look forward to reading people's ideas.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Stars for being an Eagle Scout.

My youngest son just made it to Life Scout. Still has quite a few merit badges and things to get done, including his service project to make Eagle, but he's in no hurry. He lives and breaths scouting.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

they break the rules and end up in trouble with us.

Glad to see that you are logged in.

What the hell does that mean?

What does "In trouble with ATS" look like?

Or did you mean just you?

Thanks in advance.

I swore I would NEVER create a thread in this forum.

Shoulda stuck with that. Right?

Who Should I Vote For....Can ANY Of You Do This?

Lame-est quote from an adult c.2016

What does this mean???

Am i supposed to "Come upon the 2016 elections as a child"?

What the Christ!?
edit on 30-8-2016 by Dan00 because: ?/???????????????????????????????

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Here's a suggestion:

Vote for The Frame:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Here in Belgium you can only advertise pro-yourself and not advertise anti-someone.
This is basically the only way to go, in the USA people throw # at each other just so they would look better. That doesn't make any sense.
They should be telling the people why they would be a good President and not why the other one would be a bad one..

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Well.

You've got an "iron will", don't you?

You may as well introduce your Scouts to The Frame. As I was.

Start them early, cuz that's what they'll learn when they get to Ft. Bragg.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Trump.

Lower taxes

I want to see our countries laws enforced.

He is not a politician, a politician isn't some kind of indicator of success. But being involved in 500+ businesses is, with only 5 failures.

I'm sick of political correctness and motivational speeches, I want the truth.

He will be great for the economy.

He does not support globalism, which is very important to me and should be to every American.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Is that some sort of Trump® endorsement?

Thanks?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Thanks for your response!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

new topics

top topics