It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Principles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
There is a neat connection between movement and health, and martial arts for me are the most conscious form of movement. With the years from the various arts, I've been introduced to and read upon, from the different sources of wisdom and practical medicine, I quenched my intellect, but as words and their collecting is not the better way of learning true art, I've kept and regarded as supreme for their insight only a few sayings, simple but profound. I hope it would be interesting to you to hear them and comprehend with yourselves, and your ways.

This is direct quote from my library, it is as I keep it to myself, thus I decide to present it here the same way, even being scattered and imperfect in manner.

Producing a feeling with a fixed method
Giving up the method after getting the feeling
Letting the feeling follow into everything
Personal feeling leads to complete awareness - Han Jing Yu

Zhan 站 is the standing posture, representing spring

Zuo 坐 is the sitting posture, symbolizing autumn

Xing 行 is the walking posture, embodying summer

Wo 臥 is the lying posture, standing for winter

There is no difference in practicing fast or slow. There is no force at all. The misconception is caused by the mind. The mind conceives of the result as based in two different states, hard and soft, as well as fast and slow. As long as the mind clings to this dualistic model, the student will break everything into two. But the moment of experience is only one.

Relaxed but not loose, tense but not stiff. Hard and soft, empty and full, movement and stillness, tension and relaxation, they all simultaneously interact.

By collapsing the chest, loosening the waist, lowering the qua, and bending the dong, the feet are secured like a tree.

First there is training. And then more training. And then some more. And after awhile, human exertion reaches a critical limit, surpasses human ability and ascends to supernatural domains where a "power" takes over that is beyond human context.

When we develop jing, we get a large amount of qi automatically. When we have a large amount of qi, we will also have strong shen, and we will become bright and glowing as a holy man.

Song means Relaxation
Huo means Flexibility in movement
Yuan means Circle
Zhang means Whole Body

The Six Harmonies

Body with Mind
Mind with Intent
Intent with Chi
Chi with Spirit
Spirit with Movement
Movement with Emptiness

On this level, we no longer deal with emotions, ideas, or conceptions, but with the essence and underlying nature of the thing In question.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
thank you for this thread friend!

"lowering the qua, and bending the dong"
would you be so kind and please explain what is meant as qua and what is the dong?

great image for postures and is there a time limit or just go by the filling when i practice?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Qua ( or "kua") is the location we call pelvic cavity. It is important for most internal martial arts to develop whole-body force(Huiyin). For this a body structural alignment is needed(opened bone composition), plus structural conformity(relaxed muscles). Lowering the Qua means to shift the angle of the pelvic bones so it tilts its bottom end back and inside a bit. Just enough to feel you buttocks an inch backwards, by this you can lower the dong also, which is bending the knees while keeping hip-toe alignment. If you try, you will see that when bending your knees like that, your body feels natural to lower your pelvis, anchoring this way your whole spine. In the other direction, if you decide to lower your qua, you will notice that your dong want to bend by itself. They are intertwined motions. If you secure your lower body by this method and also set in place the waist, chest, shoulders and head in similar manner, you should start to feel like a screw, ready to be driven to the ground by a powerful screwdriver attached to your head top(bai hui). That's feeling you should be searching for, the spiral downward force of the screw-body you possess, will project itself upward and sideways once you try move. That's how you overcome obstacles without sheer muscle kinetic power - with structural yin-yang power. Post-training is aimed to put you in a stances where your start to "understand" this type of power. You can not over-train post-training, yet stop at any sign of sharp pain in the hip, waist, knees, ankles. It could be due an improper body alignment, or not being able to relax. However a smashing tough, or vice-like pains are needed to be endured, especially in the 30+ minutes of holding a post. Concentrate on all discomfortingly and hold the post until it passes, then concentrate on the next one... that's the whole deal. Then there is mind-directing,(yi), power management, feeling force, pushing qi into your bones, but that's for advanced level already. Cheers!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign

great information, thank you!
this will be practiced after falun dafa exercises in the morning as i feel that this will be a good fit.

also somehow i get the filling that you kick ass and are amazing martial art practitioner...best of luck with your development and expression of your body art!

new topics

top topics

join