It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald J. Trump -vs- Hillary D. Clinton.. The 2016 Presidential Debates

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It's funny, most on here are telegraphing Trump as coming out on the short end of the stick in these debates, and I can't disagree. But he was underestimated, never given a shot, in primary debates against sixteen seasoned GOP rivals, some of which were career politicians (just like Hillary) and a member of a political dynasty family, Jeb Bush (just like Hillary). I guess we'll see what's the result after the smoke clears after the third debate.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Do people even remember the Democratic debates? If Bernie didn't have such a limp wrist he would have destroyed her.

This is pretty much what they looked like in a nutshell.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

She has already mastered the art of letting his mouth make her point. Sometimes without speaking a word herself.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Do people even remember the Democratic debates? If Bernie didn't have such a limp wrist he would have destroyed her.

This is pretty much what they looked like in a nutshell.

Yep, if she thinks Trump will treat her with kid gloves like Bernie did, she better wake up.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Wikileaks doesn't have her private server emails. They have the DNC files the Russians hacked. The 15k was released by the state dept by court order to judicial watch.
I know since apparently there's a new email hack and release every week that it can get confusing. Wiki doesn't have any Clinton state dept emails.
They never did.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
It's funny, most on here are telegraphing Trump as coming out on the short end of the stick in these debates, and I can't disagree. But he was underestimated, never given a shot, in primary debates against sixteen seasoned GOP rivals, some of which were career politicians (just like Hillary) and a member of a political dynasty family, Jeb Bush (just like Hillary).I guess we'll see what's the result after the smoke clears after the third debate.

What's that old saying?

Where there's smoke, there's hillary?

Trump will do just fine if they both have to answer the same questions.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

It's funny, most on here are telegraphing Trump as coming out on the short end of the stick in these debates, and I can't disagree. But he was underestimated, never given a shot, in primary debates against sixteen seasoned GOP rivals, some of which were career politicians (just like Hillary) and a member of a political dynasty family, Jeb Bush (just like Hillary).I guess we'll see what's the result after the smoke clears after the third debate.

Where there's smoke, there's hillary?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
August 29, 2016

First, as an FYI.. here's a link for information on the Presidential and Vice Presidential debates this Fall.

Schedules, Media, Locations: www.uspresidentialelectionnews.com...

As we progress through the debates, on our way to the November 8th Presidential Election, I'll update this thread with debate-related news. All who wish to contribute relevant content are welcome to do so.

I would to START THINGS OFF by pointing out something from the Hillary Clinton camp. She and her advisors are working really hard to find weak spots in Donald Trump's personality.

Correct. From what I have read she is preparing exhaustively..Including analysis of his personality and what buttons to push.

IMO, This is pure Hillary, in all her devious glory. She will gladly throw hurtful emotional punches, right out of the starting gate. It's also an indicator of how little "real" dirt her team was able to dig up on Donald Trump. Instead of prepping to debate policy issues, Hillary Clinton is focusing on the psychology angles.

From what I read.."hurtful emotional punches" aren't the aim.

For the love of God...the man defended the size of his Penis in a debate. His ego is HUUUGE...She will challenge him in ways that make him go berserk.

Thankfully, Donald has enough meaningful anti-Hillary content, that he won't have to go for her psychological weaknesses. If anything, his challenge is prioritizing which Hillary and Obama disasters to focus on,

No..Trump's weakness is concentration, knowledge and policy...he will avoid those things..he will keep it high-altitude insults and bring up Bill Clinton's indiscretions.

Those that have met with Trump for debate prep have said that he has thus far refused to practice or do mock debates.

He keeps saying that he beat 13 competitors in the GOP Nomination debates and wants to just be himself.

I don't think he knows what he is getting into..

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Trump will do just fine if they both have to answer the same questions.

I really don't think so.

The questions will be hard policy questions and Trump doesn't do well with specifics.

What served him well in the primaries (pandering to the base) will not serve him well in the general election debate.

He has never done a one on one...and love her or hate her...he has never gone head to head with HRC on stage.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I will be happy if he shows up.

He still might back out at the last minute.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
Those that have met with Trump for debate prep have said that he has thus far refused to practice or do mock debates.

?????
Keep deluding yourselves that he'll be unprepared for the debates, Hillary supporters.

Trump Prepares for Debates with Roger Ailes and Laura Ingraham

The Republican candidate is aggressively preparing for the upcoming debates.

He "is really preparing for the debate every day,” said Kellyanne Conway, Trumps campaign manager on Sunday on The Cats Roundtable by radio host John Catsimatidis.

Laura Ingraham may play Clinton in Trump debate practice: report
trueviralnews.com...

(post by Indigo5 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Also from college educated Women and from college educated men...college educated and voting McDonald? Please how can skip that many classes and say you are college educated?

As to the debate...bring it on. The only down side is the waste of viewing the debate when we all could be out side enjoying the late summer/early fall weather.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That's what 16 other Republicans thought. So far, Hillary has been running the standard anti-Republican playbook -- everyone who won't vote for me is a horrible, hateful bigoted racist homophobe who hates women, kicks puppies and drinks blood under the full moon.

What's to prepare for?

Everyone has seen it over and over and by now everyone belongs to that group.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

?????
Keep deluding yourselves that he'll be unprepared for the debates, Hillary supporters.

He "is really preparing for the debate every day,” said Kellyanne Conway, Trumps campaign manager on Sunday on The Cats Roundtable by radio host John Catsimatidis.

trueviralnews.com...

See here

He has been especially resistant to his advisers’ suggestions that he take part in mock debates with a Clinton stand-in.

At their first session devoted to the debate, on Aug. 21 at Mr. Trump’s club in Bedminster, N.J., the conservative radio host Laura Ingraham was on hand to offer counsel and, if Mr. Trump was game, to play Mrs. Clinton, said Trump advisers who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the debate preparations were supposed to be kept private. He declined.

Instead, Mr. Trump asked a battery of questions about debate topics, Mrs. Clinton’s skills and possible moderators, but people close to him said relatively little had been accomplished.

Mr. Trump, in the interview, said he saw little use in standing at lecterns and pretending to debate his opponent.

“I know who I am, and it got me here,” Mr. Trump said, boasting of success in his 11 primary debate appearances and in capturing the Republican nomination over veteran politicians and polished debaters. “I don’t want to present a false front. I mean, it’s possible we’ll do a mock debate, but I don’t see a real need.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 30-8-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It would be so nice to have either or both Jill Stein and Gary Johnson in that debate. If only to show the sheep masses that there are other candidates they can vote for. Most people still have no clue, because our media keeps them in the dark.

My friend posted something about Donald and Hillary yesterday and people kept posting...it's too bad we only have two parties to chose from! LOL They have no clue!

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well Steve Jobs and Bill Gates did not finish college and I think they did ok.....that is such an old attack.

The debates will be very interesting. No one will be crushed. It will be very interesting because she let Obama talk over her many times in 08. Rolling her eyes and saying he is crazy and nothing he says is true will not work.

Trump should release his tax returns the day before.....

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

If that is true, it's not a smart move by Trump.

It is very important to prepare yourself for a debate and in that prep you can learn quite a bit about your weaknesses and the weaknesses of your opponent.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

?????

trueviralnews.com...

See here

He has been especially resistant to his advisers’ suggestions that he take part in mock debates with a Clinton stand-in.

At their first session devoted to the debate, on Aug. 21 at Mr. Trump’s club in Bedminster, N.J., the conservative radio host Laura Ingraham was on hand to offer counsel and, if Mr. Trump was game, to play Mrs. Clinton, said Trump advisers who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the debate preparations were supposed to be kept private. He declined.

Instead, Mr. Trump asked a battery of questions about debate topics, Mrs. Clinton’s skills and possible moderators, but people close to him said relatively little had been accomplished.

Mr. Trump, in the interview, said he saw little use in standing at lecterns and pretending to debate his opponent.

“I know who I am, and it got me here,” Mr. Trump said, boasting of success in his 11 primary debate appearances and in capturing the Republican nomination over veteran politicians and polished debaters. “I don’t want to present a false front. I mean, it’s possible we’ll do a mock debate, but I don’t see a real need.”

www.nytimes.com...

Your source says he's not preparing. I have a source which says he's seriously preparing. I guess we'll be able to tell the level of debate prep after the first debate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join