It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Donald J. Trump -vs- Hillary D. Clinton.. The 2016 Presidential Debates

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Just A Friendly Reminder.....

This thread is NOT in the Political Mud Pit forum.

ATS Terms and Conditions apply here.

Keep it civil. Keep the name calling and insults about each other to yourself.

Discuss the OP....NOT each other.

Failure to do so will result in post removals and Post Bans.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes because we all KNOW that Donald will be a perfect gentleman and be very polite and stick to the important issues. All we need to do is watch his debate style from the primaries to see that.
Little Marco and Lyin Ted and Low energy Jeb Bush can't swear to it.

She's already cramming on issues preparing like the excellent lawyer that she is. Yes she's going to need to get under his skin because that's his debate style and she's not about to let that bastard walk all over her. What did you think she was going to do? Go belly up ?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

How will he answer any question where the names of world leaders or geographic information about where certain countries are are asked? Geez he didn't even know that Russia invaded Crimea two years ago.
He didn't know who Theresa May is for cryin out loud.
He's going to fight dirty like he did in the primary debates which most say he lost. His numbers fell after every debate.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Hillary doesn't get to ask questions any more than trump does. They have to answer questions they don't get to ask them.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

It will definitely be Must See T.V.

I watched almost every pre-season debate both parties.
I missed one democratic debate because I had a function to attend.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

No Annie it's devious. Trump is allowed to be rude and aggressive.
Hillary needs to be a lady.
Stupid double standards .

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Please don 't tell me you think those are policies? They are simply little snippets criticizing the current administration, and the usual "he will do it", without telling HOW. The policies MUST include HOW. There is no how, therefore there is no policy.

BELIEVE ME. ha. Right.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Abinkadoo

Nope. He has to answer on his own. No help. No teleprompter to keep him on message.
He's sunk. We've all seen him when he ad-libs the subject.
A laugh a minute I'm thinking.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
Second round? She debated prior to getting elected senator to N.Y. twice, she debated Obama, she debated Sanders.
She is an old pro.
But he's sneaky and she will need to hit him hard I'm afraid.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

The numbers show that in that demographic Trump has very little support.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Funny. She has a press conference after every speech. Just small .

Here's Donald not answering the questions asked at a presser in July. This is so much better than not having press conferences. What a joke this guy is.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abinkadoo
He's already gotten a small debate team going for him. She's not gonna know what hits her if he stays on point, which I have a feeling he will for these debates.

They say Laura Ingraham is playing hillary in the mock debates. (don't know if any official roster has been let out)

She would be great for that role.

He'll smoke her. lol.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

No he doesn't speak about his policies clearly. He tells people how nasty and dirty Hillary is. He tells people how Obama failed as a president he references the Obama Clinton administration as if there ever was such an entity. He bashes ideas. He obfuscated he lies bullies and calls names. He tells us how this country sucks, how bad everything is how hopeless and horrible and bad everything is. He tells us this country is less safe than third world war zones.
AND...of course he tells us. He alone can fix it.
Everyone is waiting for him to solidify any one policy but he can't seem to nail down anything . Because it changes depending on who's butt is in the seat in front of him.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I think she will keep her cool, stay on topic, and let him do his usual blustering and self aggrandizing (but of course his disciples think saying "I can do it fast", is an actual policy. So every time he says "believe me", they will, and he will be "winning", as far as they are concerned. It's really disturbing when you think about it.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: carewemust
Thankfully, Donald has enough meaningful anti-Hillary content,

keep telling yourself that!

How will poor Donald answer the simple question....

Why did you lie when you said you would release your tax returns?

Should Donald release his tax returns? Definitely yes. Does that preclude him from not seeking office? Definitely not. On the flip side how will poor Hillary answer the question "Why did you lie when you said you handed over all your emails to the FBI before Wikileaks just found 15,000 more you never handed over"?

Each candidate will have a lot to answer for, each one has been extremely less than forthcoming so far.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
As of right now, here is how I see it.

Hillary will focus on:
1. Trump selecting Bannon as his campaign chief
2. Trump's immigration policy changes and how they are basically the same plan as Obama's
3. Trump's temper
4. Addressing the moderators

Trump will focus on:
1. Calling Hillary "Corrupt Hillary" as much as he can.
2. The Clinton Foundation
3. Clinton's Emails
4. Addressing Clinton directly

I think how it plays out is that Hillary will keep her cool, and Trump will freak out like he has at every debate. If he tries to personally attack her, he will lose even more of the women vote.

I don't see a way Trump can come out of the debates looking good. His supporters are going to want Trump to attack her, you can see just from the replies in this thread that's what they want. But that isn't going to help him at all. If he doesn't attack her and tries to stay on message of policies...he will lose that debate with Hillary...she is too versed on policy for Trump to go head to head with her. Plus, his base will be disappointed that he didn't attack Hillary.

Really, all Hillary has to do is stand there and let Trump implode...kind of like she has been doing. It's a great strategy.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

Gotta say, I've never been this psyched to see a presidential debate. I really hope Trump really digs in. So many open wounds to attack!

No doubt it will be entertaining and good TV. She will roll over him in debating the issues, but he'll take a "nothing to lose" approach and go for her jugular on shady dealings of the Clinton Foundation, Bill's indescretions in the WH, etc. He'll offer no substantive solutions, but many uncomfortable moments for Hill.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
He's going to raise issues about her health. He has said recently that he will release his health records if she will. Maybe he has nothing to hide. So, why won't he release his tax returns? Use deductive reasoning.

Also he got some hippie doctor to type a statement saying "he's fantastically healthy", or something like that. It's like Trump wrote it and the doctor signed it.
Doctor's don't even use that kind of language. It's so ridiculous. He's a one-man show, and he's a cartoon character to me. I can't even see him as anything else now. *cue looney tunes music*

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Hillary will rip him a new one, but lets be honest..it doesent require a whole lot to make Trump look like an imbecil in a political debate. Hillary has been active in politics for most of her life unlike Trump who has been hosting Miss Universe events and shaved people on TV.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
As of right now, here is how I see it.

Hillary will focus on:
1. Trump selecting Bannon as his campaign chief
2. Trump's immigration policy changes and how they are basically the same plan as Obama's
3. Trump's temper
4. Addressing the moderators

Trump will focus on:
1. Calling Hillary "Corrupt Hillary" as much as he can.
2. The Clinton Foundation
3. Clinton's Emails
4. Addressing Clinton directly

I think how it plays out is that Hillary will keep her cool, and Trump will freak out like he has at every debate. If he tries to personally attack her, he will lose even more of the women vote.

I don't see a way Trump can come out of the debates looking good. His supporters are going to want Trump to attack her, you can see just from the replies in this thread that's what they want. But that isn't going to help him at all. If he doesn't attack her and tries to stay on message of policies...he will lose that debate with Hillary...she is too versed on policy for Trump to go head to head with her. Plus, his base will be disappointed that he didn't attack Hillary.

Really, all Hillary has to do is stand there and let Trump implode...kind of like she has been doing. It's a great strategy.

Whatever, dude. Hillary lies.

Who's policies is she versed on? Her's or his?

I can see the mods ask her a question like, "what would you do..." and then she goes off on what Trump would do without answering the question of what she herself would do.

She will do what she has done all along, make it about Trump while dodging everything about her.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join