It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Catholics are not Christian?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Oh and the Jews are bad?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Gesus what a mess of a thread

thank you everyone for your explanations in any case...

So much division... its incredible

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch
a reply to: coomba98

How 'bout being on topic:

"Catholics are not Christian?" is the topic of this thread. I suggest you start a thread on your topic as it would be helpful to many.

STM

Fair enough. Wonder if the other will follow suit.

Coomba98

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: coomba98

I'm sure we'll join in if it is civil and if it stays civil.

STM

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum
a reply to: Akragon

Catholicism means you believe the pope has the authority of Christ on Earth and you do not have direct access to him. .

That is completely incorrect.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

originally posted by: Aedaeum

Catholicism means you believe the pope has the authority of Christ on Earth and you do not have direct access to him. .

That is completely incorrect.

Indeed.

It means that you believe that the Pope is Peter's lineal descendant. And that he can make decrees that are infallible.

But if the Pope said God wants all Catholics to cut their hair short and whistle Waltzing Matilda once a week to gain salvation you can rest assured we'd all think he had lost his mind and not comply.

He can't just say anything and claim that it's the word of God.

Some Popes have tried, and it's never gone well for them.
edit on 31-8-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Hay digger do you mind if i continue my chat with chr0naut? Off topic thread wise.

Re: God and Yeshi being two separate entities.

Coomba98
edit on 31-8-2016 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

What the hell? Yeah - you choose how to interpret what anyone else says in whatever way you like.

Catholics believe they are Christians. They call themselves Christians. They worship Jesus as the son of God. They are the ONLY Christian denomination that believes in the transubstantiation of the wine and wafer into Jesus' actual body and blood (which, of course, is only by way of willingly suspending their disbelief).

You are confusing the semantic "label" with the best-practice "behavioral" qualities of those who "claim" they are Christian e ---- and yes, most self-described Christians leave a lot to be desired and don't actually follow The Golden Rule at all -- especially the Protestant evangelical crowd who take the Bible literally; they run around judging and acting like jerks, refusing to have lucid, intelligent conversations, and so on and so forth -- well, you know yourself better than I do...check the mirror of your past posts and ongoing general contrariness. I'm all about the "behavioral" part. You reap what you sow, dude. Try using water instead of electrolytes on your seedlings.

Being Christ-like is not equivalent to calling oneself a "Christian" ---- most "Christians" are nowhere near as kind or benevolent or understanding or accepting as Jesus was.

By definition - CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIANS. Ever been in a Catholic Church? Even in the desolate midwestern pasturelands of central North America, they have 'castle' type props at the altar, and at the top is Jesus with his halo and his raised hand and his benevolent smile...way up near the ceiling.

Whether YOU think they are or not has no bearing on any of it. Many millions of people think they themselves are "Christians" and still haven't the slightest idea of the history of Christianity. They don't like to "read a book" to learn about it, either.

When are you going to start actually listening to others without being so oppositional and bent on misinterpreting what EVERYONE else has to say?

The Bible is hearsay, nonsensical mythology. "Christ-like" behavior is The Golden Rule. That is all there is to it.
Even people who aren't part of 'Christianity' as a religion -- indeed, who've never even heard of him (if such people exist) -- can be Christ-like. All it takes is treating others the way you want to be treated.

TRY IT.
If you don't want to try it, then don't expect others to treat you the way you want to be treated. We try, and you push us away EVERY DAMN TIME.
So we treat you like you treat us.
You reap what you sow. Get it?

edit on 8/31/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I will listen when they actually know what they are talking about
Thanks buzz, no thanks

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

We do know what we're talking about. You just don't want to accept it. Being combative is a typical response by many people who claim they are "christians" and think they can tell others who are and who are not.

Catholics ARE CHRISTIANS.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98
How can Gods agape include mass murder? Or torture like in Job. That was God showing off in front of the devil. He did not care for Job.

Mass murders are the feats of mankind. The story of Job is a parable.

None of these points contradict my vision of god I shared in the previous pages.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFart

Thanks, you cleared my doubts about Christians. Now I know who to blame ww3 on

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98

Hay digger do you mind if i continue my chat with chr0naut? Off topic thread wise.

Re: God and Yeshi being two separate entities.

Coomba98

Who is Yeshi?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I never get when people are like "but why is there suffering and death and evil if god loves us so much" ?

It's not because your parents love you with all their heart that they will prevent everything bad from happening to you. Children do stupid stuff all the time, hurting others, putting their life in danger. Part of being a good parent is hoping for the best for your children while respecting their choices.

I'd rather have free will and suffering than eternal bliss as a mindless drone.

I don't think that as a Christian I'm required to believe that everything that ever happens is the will of god. Most of the things happening to us are the result of our own will. It's up to us to learn to act correctly to reduce suffering and evil in the world. Not god's. And it's actually one of the teachings of most religions.
edit on 31-8-2016 by SpaceGoatFart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Have you read my posts buzz
I have not said all Catholics are not christian
You have run with an absurdity

I have said not all those who call themselves Protestant are Christian as well as saying not all Catholics are Christian

Being combative, making up my replies to suit your silly opinion seems combative

Go read my posts.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Try using water instead of electrolytes on your seedlings.

Just in case someone is wondering about the literary reference .

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I've read enough of your posts to know that you will slither out of admitting anything about anything or taking any responsibility for your own deliberate misinterpretations, straying off-topic, and denying that anyone else has answered your damned questions.

New way to tell the difference between truth-seekers and insincere trouble-makers:
if they ask a question and then pay no attention to information provided to answer their questions, and then ridicule the person(s) who provided the answers.

It's classic.

Not a real "inquiry" like one might find on other sites where curious people go to find out more about things that interest them....

no, no. You and your type don't genuinely ask. You just toss the bait out and see who nibbles. Then [try to]trap them. It's called psychological abuse at worst, and manipulation at best. And in between, it's ALL passive aggressive.
Disgraceful behavior.

If you had a shred of authenticity you would cut it out. This was initially intended to be a place that thinking people could come to find out the stuff that was shrouded in bull feces on the MSM. Now it's more of a disinfo distributor. Thanks for your help with that!

edit on 8/31/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFart

Glad to hear it. You get it.
Congratulations. Count yourself apart from the madding, frothing crowds of Ugly Behavior R Us.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I've read enough of your posts to know that you will slither out of admitting anything about anything or taking any responsibility for your own deliberate misinterpretations, straying off-topic, and denying that anyone else has answered your damned questions.

New way to tell the difference between truth-seekers and insincere trouble-makers:
if they ask a question and then pay no attention to information provided to answer their questions, and then ridicule the person(s) who provided the answers.

It's classic.

Not a real "inquiry" like one might find on other sites where curious people go to find out more about things that interest them....

no, no. You and your type don't genuinely ask. You just toss the bait out and see who nibbles. Then [try to]trap them. It's called psychological abuse at worst, and manipulation at best. And in between, it's ALL passive aggressive.
Disgraceful behavior.

If you had a shred of authenticity you would cut it out. This was initially intended to be a place that thinking people could come to find out the stuff that was shrouded in bull feces on the MSM. Now it's more of a disinfo distributor. Thanks for your help with that!

Have you read my posts buzz
I have not said all Catholics are not christian
You have run with an absurdity

I have said not all those who call themselves Protestant are Christian as well as saying not all Catholics are Christian

Being combative, making up my replies to suit your silly opinion seems combative

Go read my posts.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join