It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Catholics are not Christian?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
a reply to: SpaceGoatFart
a reply to: DISRAELI
a reply to: markosity1973

So what you guys are saying is that you dont really know so you have faith in Gods agape towards mankind? And 'hope' that its for the best...

I still cannot wrap my head around Gods agape to man is unknowable because his God. I dont take the god of the gaps approach.

How can Gods agape include mass murder? Or torture like in Job. That was God showing off in front of the devil. He did not care for Job.

Or his family and servants. They never came back from the dead Job just got new ones.

Coomba98

(whispers: lets try and be civil here. If not know this... i love trolling trolls and im relentless at it)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: coomba98
a reply to: chr0naut

This is different. Going by that belief everything in the universe is God. Even you are a part of God.

Yeshi prays to his father many times. Begs him when he finds out his going to die.

Schizophrenic?

Coomba98

I would have thought that He did all that for our benefit. As an example.

Even God distinguishes between him and his son.

If their one and the same 'entity', then would such statements by God/Yeshi be tantamount to lying? Or deceiving?

So when Yeshi was on the cross and be begged his father to spare the people for they know not what they do be for our benefit?

Or what about Luke 9:18. One day Jesus was alone talking to God.

If their the same 'entity' how is that not schizophrenic?

Coomba98
edit on 30-8-2016 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

This is different. Going by that belief everything in the universe is God. Even you are a part of God.

Yeshi prays to his father many times. Begs him when he finds out his going to die.

Schizophrenic?

Coomba98

If their one and the same 'entity', then would such statements by God/Yeshi be tantamount to lying? Or deceiving?

So when Yeshi was on the cross and be begged his father to spare the people for they know not what they do be for our benefit?

Coomba98

Because He was God and the only begotten Son of God and He became flesh. In this human realm, things change.

And yes, Jesus words on the cross are most definitely an exaple to us of extreme forgiveness. They weren't empty sermonizing, Jesus practiced what He preached.

Similarly, Jesus had no requrement to be baptized by John the Baptist, as John himself pointed out, but Jesus said it had to be done so that the law be fulfilled and as an example. Jesus' modus operandi seems to have been Him doing and saying things for the good of prosperity (our good).

edit on 30/8/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

So what you guys are saying is that you dont really know so you have faith in Gods agape towards mankind? And 'hope' that its for the best...

I still cannot wrap my head around Gods agape to man is unknowable because his God. I dont take the god of the gaps approach.

How can Gods agape include mass murder? Or torture like in Job. That was God showing off in front of the devil. He did not care for Job.

Or his family and servants. They never came back from the dead Job just got new ones.

Coomba98

(whispers: lets try and be civil here. If not know this... i love trolling trolls and im relentless at it)

Let me see if I got this right

"Let's try and be civil" yet you call people names, hmmm

"If not" know this" you make a demand, threat

"I will troll you relentlessly" you blackmail us to playing the game, you dictate your rules and act like an impetuous child, overlording your authority (and you have none)
Threaten to be a personal troll, another troll on ats, oooh, I am frightened

Try the mature adult approach
" Hey guys, I would really like to understand this, please help, it seems illogical, thanks.

Havnt seen anyone so confused since gnosisfaith, are you gnosisfaith...
edit on 30-8-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Schizophrenic?

Coomba98

Coomba98

Because He was God and the only begotten Son of God and He became flesh. In this human realm, things change.

And yes, Jesus words on the cross are most definitely an exaple to us of extreme forgiveness. They weren't empty sermonizing, Jesus practiced what He preached.

Similarly, Jesus had no requrement to be baptized by John the Baptist, as John himself pointed out, but Jesus said it had to be done so that the law be fulfilled and as an example. Jesus' modus operandi seems to have been Him doing and saying things for the good of prosperity (our good).

chr0naut.

Im not denying that Yeshi was not a God in the Christian mythology.

Im saying Yeshi and his Father are two separate entities. Part of the same godhead. Like the godhead of ancient greece is the 12 gods of Olympus. 12 separate entities.

The cross part i agree show a massive amount of forgiveness, but it does not confirm father and son to be the same entity.

What made you come to the conclusion Yeshi and Daddy are one entity?

Coomba98

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I am not sure how to go through all this. there are volumes others have written. But I will just say it simply and in layman's terms.

In Alexandria Egypt was started by Ptolemy I and later by his son Ptolemy II, the idea of the library was to bring all religious and philosophical writings there. where the greatest minds of their day would look at them and keep what was best and dump the rest and create one religion based on their findings.

in 315cAd certain priests of this new conglomerate religious order. They claimed to be the Catholic church or what is termed the Universal church, The church had prayer beads borrowed from the Hindus and Buddhist, Temple worship of the Jews, the Tammus mother/son worship (later Mary and Jesus) and other practices like candles and incense, bells and so forth all part of this new Universal church. Later Jerome wrote for them the Latin Vulgate from Alexandria Egypt

The later became the Roman Catholic church, from it split all the denominations except for Baptist they came through another line all together.

The roots of the Roman catholic church lead to Alexandria Egypt and the goal of Ptolemy I and II to create one religion based on all the practices of all other religions both animistic and organized of that day.

They may have a Bible but they are not Christian, they are a conglomerate of religions and heathen practices.

Christianity is based on the cross of Christ for salvation by faith alone. no prayers, no works, no baptisms or washing's, no masses for money, no purgatory, etc etc just plain faith on Christ alone.

edit on 30-8-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Coomba98

"I will troll you relentlessly" you blackmail us to playing the game, you dictate your rules and act like an impetuous child, overlording your authority (and you have none)

" Hey guys, I would really like to understand this, please help, it seems illogical, thanks.

Raggedyman,

Why is it that the weak (bullies) and the ignorant always interprets a warning as a threat?

A warning as a threat?

Plus go back and re-read. I didnt bite until you guys did. So nice try there.

And you call me confused. Lol.

How about answering without offence? For the response wont include offence if theres no offence to reply too?

How can you so called 'Christians' not get this?

Talk about contradicting the words of Yeshi!!

Coomba98

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

No.

Catholics are Christians. You don't have to like it, but they are Christians nonetheless.
Like angeldoll pointed out above:

Crucifixes all over the place, rituals and mystical stuff ------ that is all "Christianity."

You seem to be unaware, Chester, of the Essene and Mystics tradition that existed at that time. Jesus actually went to India to study --- so the similarities to Hindu 'beads' and Buddhist 'many mansions' are not just tangential. They are integral to what Jesus the man was actually taught/learned, and was teaching.

No amount of insisting that "by faith alone" is one 'saved' makes it true. It is a major cop-out; a lazy, selfish, self-absorbed and spoiled-brat 'convenient' way of looking at it. Or, alternatively, it is derived from the earliest childhood/infancy 'message' of "You are hopelessly flawed, deserve to roast in hell, and will do that unless you repeat after me: Jesus loves me. Oh boy, I'm sorry, Jesus. Jesus and Jesus."

So the kid is listening and thinking ---- well, I'm a piece of hopeless crap anyway, so..... "Meh. I can do whatever. Mom and Dad will always forgive me, because I have faith and know how to say 'Jesus' ----- even when in my heart I continue to be an unsavory member of society."

Yes, the RCC is a 'conglomerate' of older religions -- JUST LIKE EVERY MODERN RELIGION. It's called 'eclectic' worship. But see, since the Jesus myth/legend is just as valid as the Zeus or Job or Noah or Adam/Eve stuff ------
it doesn't matter.

Sorry. But, no.
Syncretic and Eclectic Religions

When most people think of the origins of a religion, they assume it was handed down from deity as is.

However, many religions were actually created by taking pieces of various religions and adapting them to fit a given framework, or by blending together two or more faiths to create a new faith that embraces the parent faiths’ doctrines. Not surprisingly, these two practices, eclecticism and syncretism, are not very well understood by many people.

define a syncretic religion as a religion which combines elements from two or more faiths. An eclectic religion is a religion comprised of bits and pieces of various religions; in some cases only the “best” pieces are used.

"Christianity" in its many tens of thousands of current and past 'iterations' is absolutely a "syncretic" and "eclectic" thing.

Please try to accept this, and apply it to a review of your own beliefs.

BUT HERE'S THE THING!! EVERYONE WILL GET THERE! IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU "BELIEVE".

It does, however, matter what you teach others. Instilling fear, low self-worth, hopelessness, guilt and a sense of being unredeemably 'filthy' into the tender psyches of little children is a loathsome, evil, vile, cruel thing to do.

You will have to come back over and over and over and over again for that stuff. But -- no worries -- you'll get there eventually. We all will!!!

edit on 8/30/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: PLEASE LOOK INTO IT FURTHER. It will be okay. Open your mind. Please

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Coomba98

Raggedyman,

Why is it that the weak (bullies) and the ignorant always interprets a warning as a threat?

A warning as a threat?

Plus go back and re-read. I didnt bite until you guys did. So nice try there.

And you call me confused. Lol.

How about answering without offence? For the response wont include offence if theres no offence to reply too?

How can you so called 'Christians' not get this?

Talk about contradicting the words of Yeshi!!

Coomba98

Now let me understand this
A warning is not a threat, a warning that suggests an attack on people isn't a threat, hmmm

Coombs, gnosisfaith, whoever you are.
Yes I know you are not gf but I can be as bad as you at name calling, at trolling, at being obtuse
If you want civility, act civil
How can you not get that

I am happy to discuss, explain and I have, be civil, act civil, just not when you throw your warnings and consequences out as threats

I am happy to continue, you going to stop the gf agenda

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Schizophrenic?

Coomba98

Coomba98

chr0naut.

Im saying Yeshi and his Father are two separate entities. Part of the same godhead. Like the godhead of ancient greece is the 12 gods of Olympus. 12 separate entities.

The cross part i agree show a massive amount of forgiveness, but it does not confirm father and son to be the same entity.

Coomba98

Jesus said it Himself: "I and the Father are one".

If you would suggest an alternate interpretation, consider the context of where it was said, who said it, to whom it was said and why it was said. Also, look at their reaction to it; they took up stones to stone him and said, in explanation; "You are human. yet you make yourself out to be God". I think you could not get it any clearer than that (summarized from John 10:25-38).

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

How many times have I read from you saying some Christians don't act like Christians, yet here you are saying anyone who calls themselves a Christian is a Christian.

You choose what you want when it suits you buzz

Take Wesboro baptist, act anything but loving, act violent and arrogant, live contrary to Gods laws, yet because they call themselves Christian they are Christian?

Yes, Christianity has been bastardised
That doesn't mean it doesn't have a truth, a sincere and true root, a root that over time has always remained the truth.
We can get that truth from the bible, it is established, both in original Greek and Hebrew

and I do believe faith alone is a copout, though James in his letter to the Jews states as much, other places as well.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I think you need to get some thicker skin Raggedyman. But i dont see it happening.

Weaklings always use the threat interpretation as opposed what it really is.. a warning.

Linking me up with Padawan is another weak response. I said previously 'dont turn into Padawan'. Never said you were like him. But you obviously missed that 'warning' and took offence.

You really dont like discussing things in a civil way from viewing previous posts of yours.

Man up and stop acting like a child.

Coomba98

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Schizophrenic?

Coomba98

Coomba98

chr0naut.

Coomba98

Jesus said it Himself: "I and the Father are one".

If you would suggest an alternate interpretation, consider the context of where it was said, who said it, to whom it was said and why it was said. Also, look at their reaction to it; they took up stones to stone him and said, in explanation; "You are human. yet you make yourself out to be God". I think you could not get it any clearer than that (summarized from John 10:25-38).

chr0naut.

Will have to read up on that after work. Not enough time in my smoke breaks.

A TBA for your response.

Coomba98

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight

Catholics idk what they believe but the cleansing of sins via Eucharist.

Oh dear this ^^^ is where the Catholics are not Christians belief stems from.

What do you think we believe in? The queen spider?

And FYI, we do not believe in the cleansing of sins via eucharist.

We believe in the cleansing of the original sin and all sins in our life up to that point via baptism (often done while a baby, but plenty of adult baptisms happen too) and the confession of our sins to a priest who will suggest 'penance' which is a way to make what we have done wrong right again. They are usually in two parts - prayer and action. i.e. You were mean to your wife means you will be told to say some prayers and to tell God you are sorry, then told to go apologise to your wife or maybe do something nice for her.

edit on 30-8-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

The honest answer is that people are elitist. Thus they love to exclude other groups from their club house.

So you get "Catholics are not "real" (tm) Christians" all the time.

It is that simple.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I think you need to get some thicker skin Raggedyman. But i dont see it happening.

Weaklings always use the threat interpretation as opposed what it really is.. a warning.

Linking me up with Padawan is another weak response. I said previously 'dont turn into Padawan'. Never said you were like him. But you obviously missed that 'warning' and took offence.

You really dont like discussing things in a civil way from viewing previous posts of yours.

Man up and stop acting like a child.

Coomba98

Thicker skin...
Yet you were calling for civility or else the warning?
Sounds like you have the thinish skin

Come on Cooms, stop chasing your tail

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Raggedyman.

Lol your a funny one. Youve seen my posts to Padawan. Anyone who has knows i have skin of steel. Lol.

To say i have thinnish skin is just plain stupid.

How about getting back on topic? Or do you wish to keep whinging like a child who missed out at cookie time?

Easier to attack the person and not the subject.

You offend i offend. Do unto others and all that.
Or did you miss that part of Yeshi's teachings.

How about manning up digger?

Im not here to argue personally, but i am happy to do so. You really up for challenging me? Someone who takes the offence twists it and throws it right back at you. Without me being offended... you seen my chats with Padawan? You up for that?

I personally dont want to go down that road with you or anyone that is not Padawan Googlemiser. But if push comes to shove.... challange accepted.

Coomba98

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Raggedyman.

Lol your a funny one. Youve seen my posts to Padawan. Anyone who has knows i have skin of steel. Lol.

How about getting back on topic? Or do you wish to keep whinging like a child who missed out at cookie time?

Im not here to argue personally, i am happy to do so. You really up for challenging me? Someone who takes the offence twists it and throws it right back at you. Without me being offended... you seen my chats with Padawan? You up for that?

I personally dont want to go down that road with you or anyone that is not Padawan Googlemiser. But if push comes to shove.... challange accepted.

Coomba98

You going to brow beat me on the net.

I am happy to man up, just not with kids.

If you have a question, ask it, in a sincere genuine way.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Raggedyman.

Im not here to argue personally, i am happy to do so. You really up for challenging me? Someone who takes the offence twists it and throws it right back at you. Without me being offended... you seen my chats with Padawan? You up for that?

Coomba98

You going to brow beat me on the net.

I am happy to man up, just not with kids.

If you have a question, ask it, in a sincere genuine way.

Your bravado is amusing Raggedyman. I said i did not want to go down that path and yet you keep persisting!

And you call me a child. Lol

I did have genuine queries, you guys just like resorting to strawman tactics.

Go back and read from p2. My queries was manly about Gods agape.

How can this include mass murder etc etc.

Then it was so a human cannot perceive Gods agape including you guys.

Coomba97
(Take a page out of chr0naut's book. Differing opinions yet civil discussions)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: coomba98

How 'bout being on topic:

"Catholics are not Christian?" is the topic of this thread. I suggest you start a thread on your topic as it would be helpful to many.

STM
edit on 30-8-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join