It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Catholics are not Christian?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I know you do not believe

Apparently you don't pay attention Chester....

Such words have never came from my mouth.... or fingers for that matter lol

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
You may be right on that as many are the fingers of those who say so when you and I are in the same thread discussion.

So I ask your grace on that one.

So what is your stance on the preserved word of God?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

You should know this of me by now my friend...

4 books... thats all you need

And not everything in those books are legit in my opinion

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

You should know this of me by now my friend...

4 books... thats all you need

And not everything in those books are legit in my opinion

Virtually everything in those 4 books is old covenant teachings to Jews. What am I supposed to do then as a new covenant gentile?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

take it as you will brother...

The book is for everyone...

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Gnosisisfaith/././NOTurTypical,

First Identify in the preserved Bible when a Gentile was given a New Covenant?

Israel was given a new testament because they did not receive the first testament.

Other than 2 individuals, Noah and Abraham, covenants are clearly for Israel and require action from both parties. If either violated the covenant it was off. God however has not forsaken them but will also keep his word concerning their chastisement, which will be finished in the time of Jacob's trouble aka the Great Tribulation.

A testament however only needs action from the Testator and it is only in affect after the Testator dies. That is why any translation that changes Testament for Covenant is a violation of changing God's words and replaces Israel with the body of Christ.

Just as you imply that Gentiles got a new Covenant is proof you fall into the same replacement of Israel with the Body of Christ teaching.

edit on 4-9-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

ALL I really need if I had to have any Preserved Bible today would be the Books of Paul.

For no Gentile can be saved by the four Gospels books because it teaches following the law something the Gentiles were never put under unless they lived in Israel in the past.

Have you not read

Malachi 4:4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.
Note who the law is for.

edit on 4-9-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Well thats because you're a Paulian my friend... I've met many, even some who would attempt to counter Jesus' words with Pauls as if his writing was more important... makes me laugh actually

In any case i don't personally believe Jesus was talking about the laws of Moses as you Paulians and Christians believe... IF he was he would have stuck to them, which he did not...

Oh... And IF you believe NotYourTypical is Gnosisfaith or whatever he calls himself these days?

You're sorely mistaken

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

I know how this works, thank you.
I was talking to
Everybody.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Just as you imply that Gentiles got a new Covenant is proof you fall into the same replacement of Israel with the Body of Christ teaching.

(LOL, did you really call me Gnosisisfaith?)

You can't put words into someone'special mouth, then attack those words you yourself put in their mouth. That's called burning a straw man, it's a fallacy.

Jesus instituted/initiated the new covenant at the last supper on the eve of Passover. And Peter was the one sent by God to open the covenant to Gentiles when he was sent to the house of Cornelius. Then Paul was raised up as the Apostle to the Gentiles. If you read Romans it doesn't say anywhere that Gentiles have replaced Israel, it says that the church/Gentiles have been grafted into the tree of Israel. I'm completely aware of the difference in God's redemptive plan in regards to both Ekklesiology and Israelology.
edit on 9 5 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

take it as you will brother...

The book is for everyone...

Sure it is, I never said it wasnt. There is a great deal to glean and learn from in the entire book. But at the same time, things Jesus taught in the 4 gospels before the last supper were addressed to the lost sheep of the house of Israel, and were uttered by Him during the old covenant. The new covenant was entered into/ratified at the last supper, and the old covenant was completed at His death on the cross. As He said, the law and the prophets were until John the Baptist. We aren't under the administration of the law anynore, Gentile or Jew. Not since 32-33 AD when He died.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

no, this has nothing to do with Paul, and all to do with God. you can find cross references throughout the OT that agree with what God inspired in the writings of Paul. As well as in the four Gospels. Even the laws were restated for the body of Christ not as laws but for spiritual understanding and lifestyle.

If anyone put you under the law as a gentile and you are not living in Israel or its kingdom. You are not even obligated to follow it. For the law is for all Israel, not for all Gentiles.

If you don't believe in the whole Bible as inerrant then I would be able to judge that you are not saved. Because part of salvation gives you the spirit of Christ and the mind of him and God and that would include ALL the words of God as found in the preserved word of God.

But I am not follower of Paul but of what God taught through Paul and that is in Christ Jesus.
edit on 5-9-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Just that Gnosisisfaith and you have a lot in common.

No you used the word covenant for Gentile's today. I did not use it for the Gentiles. It seems clear that you do not understand that a testament and a covenant are two different things and things that are different are not the same.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Jesus instituted/initiated the new covenant at the last supper on the eve of Passover. And Peter was the one sent by God to open the covenant to Gentiles when he was sent to the house of Cornelius. Then Paul was raised up as the Apostle to the Gentiles. If you read Romans it doesn't say anywhere that Gentiles have replaced Israel, it says that the church/Gentiles have been grafted into the tree of Israel. I'm completely aware of the difference in God's redemptive plan in regards to both Ekklesiology and Israelology.

One, Jesus ministry of the last supper was to Jews not a single Gentile in the mix. the new covenant was with those Jews who accept him as their KING. The leadership of Israel rejected Jesus when they sent him to Pilate.

Two, that new Peter would have preached for them to be baptized, repent and to obey the law of Moses had not the Holy Ghost stopped him by allowing the first Gentiles to speak in the Hebrew tongue. This is why none of them were chosen t take the gospel of the Grace of God to the Gentiles, They were instructed in the Gospel of the Kingdom, which was only for Israel. Be careful or those same false teachers you are listening too will have you holding a Passover meal but without a sacrifice when it can't even be done unless there is a temple in Jerusalem.

Three, The grafting is into the family of God not into Israel as a Nation. Israel is a special people for God with a promise of a kingdom. The whole point of Paul in Romans 11 is that the Gentiles should not boast against them and know that just as God chopped them off from salvation he could do the same, the context has nothing to do with making Gentiles Israel or Jews. I love how you anti-Pauline writings people love to use them to promote an erred doctrine but deny all his other teachings as erred.

Justification by faith alone, salvation by faith alone, Imputation of righteousness by faith alone are all taught in the previous chapters of Romans yet you dive right into a false narrative given you by a man and that does not exist in the preserved word of God.

Today all men are redeemed and saved by the gospel of the grace of God. Only once God takes up his work with Israel will the Gospel of the Kingdom go back into effect, and any Gentile alive and remaining at that time. May not even get saved except by death for their testimony of Jesus and the word of God.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

The new covenant was entered into/ratified at the last supper, and the old covenant was completed at His death on the cross. As He said, the law and the prophets were until John the Baptist.

Well IF this is the case you need not worry about what you might do as a "new covenant gentile" as you call yourself...

Most (if not All) of what was important happened in the few years of his ministry...John was executed early in that period... and said "new covenant" was made only a few days before his death

We aren't under the administration of the law anynore, Gentile or Jew. Not since 32-33 AD when He died.

Seems to me, that if one breaks one aspect of the law, the rest is of no effect... SO said laws were out the window almost as soon as HE arrived on scene...

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

no, this has nothing to do with Paul, and all to do with God. you can find cross references throughout the OT that agree with what God inspired in the writings of Paul.

Of course it has to do with Paul... You just said You'd take his writing over Jesus IF you had no other Choice

ALL I really need if I had to have any Preserved Bible today would be the Books of Paul.

And OF COURSE you'll find cross references in the OT... Paul was a Pharisee... even claimed to be one after he appointed himself an apostle.

If you don't believe in the whole Bible as inerrant then I would be able to judge that you are not saved.

You're going to judge anyways... it seems to be what those of your religion do best... Just as you stated that i am not saved... as IF you know the mind of God

Because part of salvation gives you the spirit of Christ and the mind of him and God and that would include ALL the words of God as found in the preserved word of God.

See...

Your God is the bible... and your messiah is Paul...

in any case im good with that, believe whatever you will

But I am not follower of Paul but of what God taught through Paul and that is in Christ Jesus.

except... you are a follower of Paul, which you've shown time and time again in our conversations, now and in the past... by your very words, which somehow you actually deny

Only you attempt to mask this with your three gospel theory which makes Jesus words nothing to anyone but a select group as opposed to the world and ALL within it

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Justification by faith alone, salvation by faith alone, Imputation of righteousness by faith alone are all taught in the previous chapters of Romans yet you dive right into a false narrative given you by a man and that does not exist in the preserved word of God.

Today all men are redeemed and saved by the gospel of the grace of God. Only once God takes up his work with Israel will the Gospel of the Kingdom go back into effect, and any Gentile alive and remaining at that time. May not even get saved except by death for their testimony of Jesus and the word of God.

I haven't even been talking about justification through Christ.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Just that Gnosisisfaith and you have a lot in common.

Really? Because he attacks every post of mine and agrees with me on nothing whatsoever that I post. Hahaha

No you used the word covenant for Gentile's today. I did not use it for the Gentiles. It seems clear that you do not understand that a testament and a covenant are two different things and things that are different are not the same.

A covenant and testament are the same thing. An agreement with God and man.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Seems to me, that if one breaks one aspect of the law, the rest is of no effect... SO said laws were out the window almost as soon as HE arrived on scene..

Correct, just as James said, to fail one is to fail the entire law. The only man to ever inherit eternal life on His own merits and righteousness was Jesus Christ. Everyone else is a lawbreaker, that's why we need grace to be reconciled to God.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Except HE managed to do so while breaking and changing quite a few of said "laws"

makes you wonder eh?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join