It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop films himself on bodycam taking a brick of marijuana and giving to his girlfriend

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Another super intelligent action from a New Mexico police officer.

It's Daily Mail and all, so perhaps a touch of hyperbole, but real news nonetheless.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A New Mexico police sergeant accused of unwittingly recording himself on a lapel camera taking marijuana from his office and giving it to his girlfriend has been released from jail.

Probably not the sharpest tool in the shed.

He faces charges of distribution of marijuana, conspiracy and felony embezzlement.

According to state police, McKinney also allegedly embezzled $785 and an 8-ounce brick of marijuana not submitted to the department's evidence vault.

Last I checked police were supposed to uphold the law, and I imagine they should be held to higher account than the average person on the street, but hell, what do I know?

edit on 30-8-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Breathtaking!

A shame Obama would have him do hard FELONY time (as a cop in prison and all that)... then not be able to vote; own a gun; get a decent job; etc.

Hopefully he doesn't get raped while in prison...
edit on 30-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What the hell does Obama have to do with this?
Distribution, embezzlement and conspiracy have always been felonies.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Damn, ruined his life over 8oz of brick weed?

What a dummy.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

He could end Marijuana Prohibition, via Executive Order, yet even though it hardest harms the black community He supposedly loves, He wont.

Likewise, even essentially all of the resident ATS progressives / etc that carry on in all these black stuff threads as if they care about them wont support it either:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

TOTAL HYPOCRISY DRIPPING WITH OPPRESSION.

(post by 711117 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
A brick I'm sure someone went to prison over, maybe even had their life ruined for. And he hands it to his girlfriend as a present.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

embezzlement

Funny how you use this word, as if its a legitimate product. Of course, it is when they bust people and take/use the money, but not if someone gets got. I guess the money those people owe for it is taken to court...oh wait, right...violence. Who's the cause of the the problem again?

(post by odzeandennz removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

What? It was because of you I didn't say "all of the resident ATS progressives" above. I thought we were cool.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
A corrupt police officer who also happens to be a retard.

Nothing new here. Off to the stockade with him.

edit on -050001am8kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

He could end Marijuana Prohibition, via Executive Order, yet even though it hardest harms the black community He supposedly loves, He wont.

Likewise, even essentially all of the resident ATS progressives / etc that carry on in all these black stuff threads as if they care about them wont support it either:

TOTAL HYPOCRISY DRIPPING WITH OPPRESSION.

As if the Republicans don't also support the War on Drugs, even though they also know it disproportionately hurts minority communities. Only the Green Party and Libertarians claim they'd end the War on Drugs, and neither of them has any power at the State, local, or federal level (yet).

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
A brick I'm sure someone went to prison over, maybe even had their life ruined for. And he hands it to his girlfriend as a present.

Actually, it's possible that it was also a "gift" to the officer. Where I'm form, it's caled "taxing". Some police would demand money/"goods" from known felons and suspected gangmembers in order to let them continue their illegal operations. So it was basically a "tax" to do business there or not to be harassed.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Does that change that he is getting punished for stealing from his employer for his own financial gain?
This isn't some kid getting picked up for smoking a joint...
This isn't about private use. Even if Obama did end the prohibition this guy still would be in trouble.
And I couldn't care less about your threads, hardly the facts of the matter.
Also who do you think that is progressive here that doesn't support legalization... sounds like you created your own argument there.

edit on thTue, 30 Aug 2016 03:26:09 -0500America/Chicago820160980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thTue, 30 Aug 2016 03:28:05 -0500America/Chicago820160580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
As if the Republicans don't also support the War on Drugs, even though they also know it disproportionately hurts minority communities. Only the Green Party and Libertarians claim they'd end the War on Drugs, and neither of them has any power at the State, local, or federal level (yet).

Sure. But I'm not a republican nor was I speaking for them.

They're called the RACISTS (the dirtiest word these days outside the N Bomb), yet the most racist policy ever, that Obama could have ended already, he hasn't, Hillary expanded it, but 'only' the conservatives are the RACISTS. I actually pity them, how far gone (hypocritically especially) everything has become.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Not at all. Yet, would it be FELONY material subjects otherwise? No. This wouldn't even be a story here tonight. It might not have even happened assuming there was an actual PROFIT motive behind the incident.

Whatever the case, any and all cases, good or BAD, related to Marijuana Prohibition, the true wrap sheet falls entirely on Obama's lap, until he leaves office. Its his last year (of 8). No excuses remaining.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Sure. But I'm not a republican nor was I speaking for them.

They're called the RACISTS (the dirtiest word these days outside the N Bomb), yet the most racist policy ever, that Obama could have ended already, he hasn't, Hillary expanded it, but 'only' the conservatives are the RACISTS. I actually pity them, how far gone (hypocritically especially) everything has become.

Clearly I think both "sides" are just as guilty for their continued support of the War on Drugs.

However, you're the one who brought President Obama into this, even though the OP has nothing to do with him. So I simply pointed out that if you're going to try to put this on him, you need to put it on the other side as well. Especially since they've also refused to pass anything decriminalizing MJ in either chamber of Congress (which Repubs control). I suspect Repubs would just try to pass new War on Drugs legislation if Obama overturned it, anyway.

Besides, don't conservatives say that if/when they win the White House again, they'll overturn as many of his executive orders as possible? So why should anyone believe they wouldn't overturn one decriminalizing maryjane when they're still in favor of criminalizing it?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

embezzlement

Funny how you use this word, as if its a legitimate product. Of course, it is when they bust people and take/use the money, but not if someone gets got. I guess the money those people owe for it is taken to court...oh wait, right...violence. Who's the cause of the the problem again?

Did you not read the source article? It said he also took almost $800 in cash from the department, so he's being charged with embezzlement. It's not just "product".

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

What i find interesting is the former police officer of Mexico had a working camera.....just wtf man....are Mexican police funded better than their American counterparts ?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: cuckooold

What i find interesting is the former police officer of Mexico had a working camera.....just wtf man....are Mexican police funded better than their American counterparts ?

It's in the state "New Mexico", not in the country of Mexico.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join