It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting shocks Herberton family

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I saw one in 2000 in New Hampshire....it was nighttime and the edges of the triangle were lit up. It was HUGE !! And moved slowly over the tree tops. Then it vanished . I wish I could see it again ...only this time with someone else to witness it too.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Nice photo! And a nice sighting. A true Big Black Triangle!

As mentioned, you never know how you will react. My first thought was, "No way! Holy s@!!". Then that slipped over into "F yeah! That is so cool!!" etc. Got a blurd for my effort but was more "in the moment" to run around and "photo prove" to the internet what I was witnessing.

The talk around here on ATS is US, Australia, Canada and UK make and operate the triangles (sure some others will be on soon to add more hints!
)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
Not so sure about erratic movements. The historical reports usually describe them as slow and silent with a few zapping off in seconds.

Any time I hear about something jumping around in the sky that immediately makes me think that there's some kind of misidentification going on. Maybe -- just MAYBE -- some kind of alien creature likes to get bounced around on the inside of their craft, or MAYBE they like their drones to jump around rather than holding a nice steady position. But I can't imagine the logical advantage to that. I guess that's just me, though, trying to impose my boring human logic on an otherworldly creature.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Yes and especially with these BBTs being clearly technological objects. It's counter-intuitive to think they'd move so erratically...so mindlessly.

I haven't seen one and remain Swiss on the reality of them. Nevertheless they are always described in terms we can relate to as borderline conventional tech.

It's possible it looked that way when he was looking through the camera lens. Also there's the well known effect of stars appearing to zig-zag because our perceptions suck sometimes. Not saying this was a star, but leaving the example there anyway.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Did a little fiddling with Photoshop. Nothing enlightening to be gleaned from it.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

It's possible it looked that way when he was looking through the camera lens. Also there's the well known effect of stars appearing to zig-zag because our perceptions suck sometimes. Not saying this was a star, but leaving the example there anyway.

There is also that tendency for people when they see three points to try and connect them. Any three points make a triangle, and if they're close enough together, our brains will work overtime to "fill in the gaps." A camera at least doesn't have that tendency.

So we have three points of light, a visual distance of only a couple of centimeters apart in the sky at 7:30 p.m., where it might be possible that the sun has set but is still illuminating things high in the sky. Bouncing around. ????

I suppose it's nice that at least something is happening in the UFO world, but it's kind of discouraging that it's still the SAME OLD CRAP we've gotten for the last 75 years. Lights in the sky doing weird stuff. Maybe a "triangle." Blurry photo. End of story. Nothing new.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

It must have been zoomed in too although not to the point of killing it. It's enough to seemingly fill the frame and must have had quite a magnitude to be able to be captured. Could be a street-light; could be exactly what he says it was.

I can discern triangular shapes in your example which, again, tells us how we overcompensate a lack of information.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Urantia1111

I've heard the triangle ones are manmade too. I bet that's why we have trillions of dollars missing in the U.S.
A hundred times bigger than a plane though? Good Lord! What are they doing up there anyway???

They are trying to build this

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You have to
at reports like this 3 lights can only make a straight line or a triangle as for size estimates you cant make claims like 100X bigger than a plane, are planes all one size
how far away are those lights what size are they

More clutching at straws for a ufo story it seems

I would like to know how it does this.

Mr Mathiot, 21, took several photos of the aircraft as it hovered in the same place for about half an hour before it disappeared.

“It was zipping around like no plane or drone we’ve ever seen,” he said.

How can it hover in the same place & zip around

edit on 30-8-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Did a little fiddling with Photoshop. Nothing enlightening to be gleaned from it.

I tried a little work on the picture myself...

Though we cannot directly see the object in question best guess is that they are using cloaking technology but cannot cloak the lights...all I can see is just the outline of the object in question.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Phoenix, 1997

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

They weren't too far from Pine Gap which is 'partly run by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) and U.S. National Reconnaissance Office (NRO).'

Pine Gap's the sort of place black triangles might be stationed if they're stealthy US craft. CIA, NSA and NRO are also the ones who, historically, fly the stealth planes. The base isn't really there as an AFB but who knows if exceptional vehicles are made an exception?

Not so sure about erratic movements. The historical reports usually describe them as slow and silent with a few zapping off in seconds.

Cairns is a LONG way from pine gap.

that's not to say it didn't come from there, or wasn't going there.. but it's 1000's of KM away and in the middle of the country (as far out in the sticks/nowhere as they could get) as opposed to a northern coastal town.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The "zig-zagging" motion (like the way leaves slowly fall to the ground) have been reported in many UFO sightings. Could be that's how some are, but I haven't heard of a triangle doing that.

BTW the "zig zag" motion could also point to a reflection. Think how you can use a mirror to reflect the sun and slight movements on the mirror make that reflection zip all over

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: carewemust

As someone who witnessed a UFO, I can tell you, that the thought of capturing this amazingly beautiful triangle craft did not even cross my mind. However, my sighting lasted only for a couple of seconds, but, even if it had lasted longer, I would not have captured it with my phone.

I don't understand one thing. If these triangle craft are manmade, why did I see one above a small country of mine( Serbia ). There's none US base around here, so unless the craft was going on some super secret mission, I don't understand what it was doing here.

Whats a good way to get into the airspace of another country you might or might not be friends with, without them calling you asking why you are in their territory? Oh thats not US, thats a alien UFO.

See how that works?
If the myth has worked this long why stop now?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Saw this in Yorkshire 2 yrs ago whilst I was outside late at night having a crafty fag. Totally silent very slow then suddenly a loud boom and it took off like sh*t off a stick! I called my brother immediately even though it was past midnight and he said he'd heard it but not seen it. Apparently made the papers Lockheed Stealth Plane

The Aurora Project rears its head again.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It looks like 2 boats on a lake and one plane in the sky. I can even see the reflection(or what looks like one to me) of the boat on the right in the water.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I don't understand the why?

Why do we need a giant, stealth triangle craft for? Satellites can do the job of spying. Stealth helicopters can drop secret soldiers into combat (bin Laden raid).

Why?

Are they flying computer servers? Are they mobile warfare network machines? Giant blankets to block enemy satellite viewing? Do they capture dreams? Are they an MK Ultra mind control project? Are they using chemicals on people? Are they spacecraft? Are we playing with anti-gravity but it's not weaponized?

If it's man made, these black triangles don't make any sense to me. We have so many known tools in space & in the sky already, even the black budget unknown stuff fills voids of speculation. But the massive triangles - low & slow with hyper drives - they make no sense logically.
edit on 31-8-2016 by Jason88 because: Words... missing

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Ah, interesting article. But totally wrong.

The sr72 isnt making those sonic booms. Something else is. Also, those lockheed depictions of the sr72, arent the sr72 but another asset.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
There is great similarity between that main light of the triangle, and the other night-time triangle UFO sightings in recent years. If you Google photos, you'll see that the color/hue of the light is the same on many of them. Could be the same craft showing up all over the world, over time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join