It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting shocks Herberton family

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Cairns QLD Australia

www.cairnspost.com.au...

A GIANT triangular UFO “100 times bigger than a plane” that emerged on the Tablelands on the weekend has shocked a young family.

Kyle Mathiot was playing with sparklers with his two young boys and partner Deborah Price in the front yard of their Herberton home on Saturday about 7.30pm when they spotted something strange in the distance.

“I notice one light up in the sky and it was way, way too big to be a star,” Mr Mathiot said.

“I went to get my partner’s phone, and started taking pictures of it and all of a sudden there was another two lights, and it was in the shape of a triangle, with a big light up the front and another two lights up the back.”

Mr Mathiot, 21, took several photos of the aircraft as it hovered in the same place for about half an hour before it disappeared.

“It was zipping around like no plane or drone we’ve ever seen,” he said.

“The lights were about two centimetres apart in the sky.

“It had to be a massive object.

“It definitely wasn’t a drone. It was 100 times bigger than a plane.”

He said he was amazed by the sheer size of the unknown object.

“I kind of like that type of stuff. I’m kind of a believer but I’m not freaked out, just in shock,” he said.

“I’ve never had an experience like that.”

An Australian Defence Force spokesman said there was no evidence of military aircraft in the Herberton area at the time of the sighting.

Alec Brimacombe, the Far Northern investigator for UFO Research Queensland, said Mr Mathiot’s photos certainly appeared to show a triangular object.

Mod Note: Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link
edit on 30/8/2016 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Nice report.

These have been seen a number of times including hundreds of witnesses in 1989 Belgium.

Allegedly theyre manmade and part of a black/secret space program.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

I've heard the triangle ones are manmade too. I bet that's why we have trillions of dollars missing in the U.S.
A hundred times bigger than a plane though? Good Lord! What are they doing up there anyway???

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Several pictures? Why not include them in the article? I hate that.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

The triangle ones are probably man made. Probably related to the TR-3B some people talk about.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

Only one in the article buddy. For your convenience I copied and posted that one with the post.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

“The lights were about two centimetres apart in the sky. "

That's about three-quarters of an inch. How do you get "100 times bigger than a plane" from that? Does he mean that a ruler held at arms length would show the lights to be 2 cm apart? Even using that measurement method, the object would be much smaller than 100 times the size of an airplane.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused

Several pictures? Why not include them in the article? I hate that.

What I hate is when people have 1/2 hour to photo or film but the battery is dead, or they were shaking in fear and forgot... excuses like that. Because this thing was hovering for 1/2 hour and the family didn't go knock on a neighbor's door, or call police, etc., it might be just another one of the hundreds of annual hoaxes.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Urantia1111

I've heard the triangle ones are manmade too. I bet that's why we have trillions of dollars missing in the U.S.
A hundred times bigger than a plane though? Good Lord! What are they doing up there anyway???

That 100x may or may not be a panic-induced overestimate.

Apparently there are a few different sizes for different tasks in and outside of the atmosphere, but mainly troop/personnel and equipment carrier.

Moon? Mars? Beyond?

Who knows.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Comments like yours are why UFO observers are leery of divulging their sightings.

You don't know how you will react until you see one.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

A sighting such as this one is why I'm so adamant for the existence of the triangles. I and about 20 others saw a huge one move low, slow and silent in 1998 over Laramie. If they are not alien craft, they are at least our response to that unique use of physics. You have been lied to for decades, my friends, one way or another the UFO are real.

Granted the harder truths behind such technology will have a stronger impact on the human race than the mere technological capabilities of these machines, but the human race is at a critical point. We need to recognize that we are not alone and should welcome guidance from any being that has advanced beyond our point of existence.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

^^^

He's right you know.

Seen one myself as well. Low and slow, silent, and dang cool to see.
edit on 30-8-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
There was more than just this event.

"Something?" was seen in Melbourne, as well as lightning ridge over the weekend as well.. that's a vast distance.

The debunk was folks were stupid and it was (the) venus (i kid you not.) alignment "use stellarium you idiot" yada yada yada..

I would have posted where i saw all that go down.. on the weekend, but that particular outlet is hoax binned on site even if the video is a legit capture (and for the past year.. that pretty much all that channel has posted as folks send their "sky dot" vids to him now, and no it's not the cousin bro's ... urgh..)

Anyhoo... there was more than this capture over the weekend. something unknown (to us lowly laymen civilian types) was buzzing our fair land of beer and honey.. and a fair few folks saw it.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine

Comments like yours are why UFO observers are leery of divulging their sightings.

You don't know how you will react until you see one.

You might be right, Olivine. There's just so much in the media report of this particular "sighting" that doesn't make sense.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Obviously, it was flares. If you question the "professionals" about the Phoenix lights, which had a report of the same type of thing, you will be shut down quickly. There is no giant triangle here, it's just your imagination.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xarian6
There was more than just this event.

"Something?" was seen in Melbourne, as well as lightning ridge over the weekend as well.. that's a vast distance.

The debunk was folks were stupid and it was (the) venus (i kid you not.) alignment "use stellarium you idiot" yada yada yada..

I would have posted where i saw all that go down.. on the weekend, but that particular outlet is hoax binned on site even if the video is a legit capture (and for the past year.. that pretty much all that channel has posted as folks send their "sky dot" vids to him now, and no it's not the cousin bro's ... urgh..)

Anyhoo... there was more than this capture over the weekend. something unknown (to us lowly laymen civilian types) was buzzing our fair land of beer and honey.. and a fair few folks saw it.

Thanks for the additional bits!
if a fair number of folks saw something, maybe it was covered in local news by now? Or maybe a local forum?
Some towns have them.
Cheers!!

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

As someone who witnessed a UFO, I can tell you, that the thought of capturing this amazingly beautiful triangle craft did not even cross my mind. However, my sighting lasted only for a couple of seconds, but, even if it had lasted longer, I would not have captured it with my phone.

I don't understand one thing. If these triangle craft are manmade, why did I see one above a small country of mine( Serbia ). There's none US base around here, so unless the craft was going on some super secret mission, I don't understand what it was doing here.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I know from experience that these type of things can mesmerize you. It's easy to say "why not this, or that?," but you simply freeze.

All thought processes go out the door as you struggle to comprehend what it is that you're seeing.....

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Ehmm it's not a secret (Serbia)

theaviationist.com...

(Australia)

www.gizmodo.com.au...

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

They weren't too far from Pine Gap which is 'partly run by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) and U.S. National Reconnaissance Office (NRO).'

Pine Gap's the sort of place black triangles might be stationed if they're stealthy US craft. CIA, NSA and NRO are also the ones who, historically, fly the stealth planes. The base isn't really there as an AFB but who knows if exceptional vehicles are made an exception?

Not so sure about erratic movements. The historical reports usually describe them as slow and silent with a few zapping off in seconds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join