It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Red Scare, Same as the Old, minus the Communism

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Ok, yeah they have their own propaganda sources same as us.

Fun part is mixed in with both are truths and lies. Finding them is the key.

Just because something comes from Russia doesn't make it a lie.

Just because something comes from us doesn't make it the truth.

and

Vice versa.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I like Putin, I don't think he's a bad guy really, and it's not like he's not trying on his part to keep the waters calm so to speak.
I love these Putin speeches. They've always kept open to dialogue, but the US just keeps on lying to him. Like he says in this speech, "Without rules, the world will fall into chaos." Why can't our leaders see that? www.youtube.com...

And this was also a very good speech of his I highly recommend. www.youtube.com...

I don't see why we are scared of this guy? I can see why our government is scared of him, but not the rest of us. He definitely has a way with words.

Just to add, I don't see any of our politicians speaking as he does on topics, (wonder why that is? [sarcasm])
edit on 30/8/16 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

Putin is a very good leader, but he's a nationalist. He's a leader for Russian interests, not US interests and not world interests. You can always count on him to make a good deal for Russia, but sometimes that means the other side of the deal gets screwed... which is typically the west.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
A perceived threat is a far greater risk than anything that can or could be real.
It has, in the past, caused knee jerk responses that have nearly ended what we call our own existence.

I'm speaking in reference to the fake Chinese Sub incident in late 1960s and Nixon Directive to Moscow during the 73 Yom Kippur war.

In both cases, the threat to humanity was far greater than Cuba in 63.

Today we can not have or allow a preconception of this magnitude to happen again.
There is Zero tolerance in the modern systems that are in use today and mistakes are unacceptable to their programing.

I'll leave you with a quote from Herman Kahn ( which was also the preface to " The Sum of All Fears ").

[T]he two contenders met, with all their troops, on the field of Camlan to negotiate. Both sides were fully armed and desperately suspicious that the other side was going to try some ruse or stratagem. The negotiations were going along smoothly until one of the knights was stung by an asp and drew his sword to kill the reptile. The others saw the sword being drawn and immediately fell upon each other. A tremendous slaughter ensued. The chronicle . . . is quite specific about the point that the slaughter was excessive chiefly because the battle took place without preparations and premeditation. —HERMAN KAHN, On Thermonuclear War

Buck

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: gunshooter

Putin is a very good leader, but he's a nationalist. He's a leader for Russian interests, not US interests and not world interests. You can always count on him to make a good deal for Russia, but sometimes that means the other side of the deal gets screwed... which is typically the west.

But don't we do the same thing, only better? (or more criminal I should say?)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Hmmmm, it looks like I may have repeated myself.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Well said, I think if anyone should be looking anywhere then it should be Saudi Arabia.

10 Dark Reasons Saudi Arabia May Be Our Deadliest Ally

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
While Putin may not be the biggest threat to the US at this time, I do think certain European countries are justified in their anxiety. Under Putin, Russia has already taken territory from a few former Soviet states. The rest are worried they could be next. Russian media has already put out propaganda about how quickly they could take certain European states. Putin also has no problem using the threat of nuclear weapons. This is the prime reason there has been no push to retake Crimea.

As it stands right now Putin is using similar propaganda about the West to shore up support. The Russian economy is in a nosedive. While the sanctions from the West don't help, the prime reason for this is mainly due to Russia's lack of foresight in diversifying their exports and corruption. Of course Putin can't come out and say that those in charge f***ed up. Instead he's blaming all of Russia's woes on the West.

With Trump in power Russia stands to benefit greatly at the expense of Europe. With a reduction in sanctions Russia's economy stand a good chance of making some kind of recovery. With the US providing less support to NATO it will encourage Putin to continue picking up more and more land from former Soviet states.

While I could be misjudging Putin's ambitions, I could easily see Trump being the Chamberlain to Putin's Hitler.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
We all knew Putin wanted the Crimea,he saw a weak POTUS and he took it THAT started a new cold war,and NOW as result China has illegitimately built an artificial island and illegally expanded their territory.
The carrot to dangle to Russia is war with China as an ally.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

It's hard to say how war with Russia would actually play out. While China may have the largest military in the world it's pretty much useless other than as a defense force. On to of that, China's current status is wholly dependent on a stable economy. They can't risk losing the West as their prime consumer.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I THINK they would fabricate a war IN ORDER to dismiss their debt as a possibility. If CHINA wants to survive they HAVE to abandon that fake island idea and FIX the Norks THEY will also not be able to expand into Japan they have PLENTY of labor to create a modern aggragrian tech sysyem.
Soon these COMMIES will be out of the way and Russia will be like the Norks to us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join