It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting into Fort Zancudo to steal the P-996 LAZER Jet as Franklin in GTA V Story Mode

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hi all,
What is the best way to get into Fort Zancudo to steal the Fighter Jet as Franklin in GTA V Story Mode? Should I attempt to parachute in and land right in front of the hangar where the P-996 LAZER jet is found or should I hijack a vehicle give it 100% armor and drive into the Fort through the entrance?

edit on 29-8-2016 by Conspiracyskeptic because: Editing Title

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Conspiracyskeptic

Land a helicopter right next to the jet. Run to the jet and fly off. If the jet takes fire it will suffer engine failure later on. Haven't played it in a couple years, but should work.

EDIT: Be sure to have the best body armor. EDIT
edit on 29-8-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

When I did it I drove an 18-wheeler or some hefty truck into the fort (through the entrance like you mentioned), but the helicopter fly-in might also work okay.

I did it when I was inebriated otherwise I would have some more details for you

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Take the buffalo and ramp into FZ, use his special ability all the way to a jet. Get in jet, fly low, if you take damage save game real fast and load game before crashing. Then go and land it at the airport to save in hangar.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

You could always try getting a fast car up to the hills around the base. They are tricky to drive along, but some of the ones near the fence are close enough that you can just about get a car over the fence off the terrain. Mad jumps and a little fence grinding! Entering the base from an unexpected direction gives you a slight advantage as the tanks and vehicles that would respond to an incursion at the gate, take slightly longer to scramble to your position. Meanwhile, you can hot foot it to the hangers or to one of the jets on the field if you prefer.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Conspiracyskeptic
Hi all,
What is the best way to get into Fort Zancudo to steal the Fighter Jet as Franklin in GTA V Story Mode? Should I attempt to parachute in and land right in front of the hangar where the P-996 LAZER jet is found or should I hijack a vehicle give it 100% armor and drive into the Fort through the entrance?

I always just ramp a bike up on the side of the tunnel and jump over the fence.

If you are unarmed, you can flip off the military base in mid-air while on a bike. It's worth doing just for that.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

No no no. Get a fast car and jump the fence off the coastal freeway. Drive right in, it worked for me.
If member TheLieWeLive is still around, we use to do GTA V online PS3&4.
👍good luck.
I'm working on Just Cause 3, Sea uplaod. The last one.😣

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21183620]Bigburgh[/post

I'm still lurking around.

Do as Bigburgh and others have suggested and use the right side of the tunnel to ramp over the fence. You have to be going away from Mt. Chilead and towards the city. You'll need a semi fast vehicle and a run at it.

At first you don't succeed....try, try, give up and fly in.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Saweeeeet! Nice to see you! 👍

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Use a fast car and do the jump adjacent to the tunnel that goes under the base.

You can clear the fence with enough speed but nothing will protect you against tank fire and once you get the jet, you gotta dodge some missiles.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Best way to dodge the missiles is when you hear/see/realize there are missiles behind you just keep veering upward, but not so you end up upside down any amount.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I second this.
That is how I completed it. drive along the right side of the base- if facing the main entrance. There are some hills that combined with a fast car will get you smack dab in to the base. Consult YouTube for the exact hill to use

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
If you´re in there, take one of the two jets that face towards the hangars (those at the runway), as soon as the plane lifts, pull up 180° and do a roll to get leveled again, pull down and blast over the fence to evade the spawning military jet that will fire a missle at you, then bank hard right or left.

Works everytime

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Are there some members still playing GTA5 online?
It´s always arduous to find decent people to do heists or jobs, without them leaving early or do similar #.

I don´t know if it still works:
Story mode: Take a cab and shortly before you breach through the gate, activate the cap mission. This will give you some time, if you decide going through the gates.
edit on 31-8-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Well I finally stole the Fighter Jet as Franklin from Fort Zancudo I used the Invincibility cheat though so I wasn't killed while running the short distance from the hijacked vehicle I used to enter the base and the Fighter Jet.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If you had fun, that counts. But hey, you had franklin, all our tips and still used godmode. Where is the achievement in this? But like I said, if you had fun, that´s the only thing that counts for you.

top topics

join