It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Gives You Confidence?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I feel they should respond to friendliness. If not that what is there to respond to? I can not think of anything else, with the exception of casual or shallow relationships(not necessarily romantic).

Exactly!

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
In my old age I swear by thinking "It is none of my business what other people think of me" very liberating.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I enjoy your rambles. I ramble often as well. Though I am surprised to see you say that it is late, you the night owl!

I agree with your points, it is just that social situations have a way of making the confidence fade away, maybe because yes the fear of rejection and some embarrassment that only exists because we believe in it. But mind you, I am not in a negative mindset, rather a positive one , but needing or wanting to see what others have to say.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I am trying to achieve just that! To simply not care what others think. That is the very best way to be.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Well, there's alot of rude customer service people around here where i live.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Ah well that makes a lot of sense then.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Happy birthday.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

It's weird, but I seem to be more awake on the harder stuff - Sometimes I got more accomplished with a shot than when not drinking!

Beer tends to help me relax though.

I've found that life is a little brighter when not worrying about what another person says. If you get rejected, it doesn't mean people see you different; most won't even notice that.

How I met my first serious relationship partner was over email - It allowed both of us to mask emotions, and say whatever we needed (I was on a dating site that only allowed you to send one email, and their algorithm would filter out any attempt to move the conversation out of their sites - I eventually found a way to bypass it and get to know her). It''ll be awkward at first, but over time, you get used to it.

If you happen to find a person is into conspiracies...you're all set

-foss

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

It can definitely have that affect, though as of right now I can't imagine drinking. I feel my memory and brain overall have been damaged by the relatively little that I have drunken. Though in good company a cold one is always nice. So long it isn't Budweiser or Bud light or any other American beer.

Yes. Others have said this. I myself agree and believe this, but see I am not quite at the point where I can simply not care what others think. Consciously sure I agree of course, but in reality I simply can't control it yet.

My longer relationship(not too long sadly) began after I ignored and lied to a girl. Nothing serious, just about whether or not I was at a concert and just because I didn't want to be bothered. Ended up connecting on Facebook and started chatting in person. First time she hugged me she apologized. Hah it's funny.

A person into conspiracies. Well I'm sure I could open their minds

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join