It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI is investigating foreign hacks of state election systems

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The FBI apparently issued a "flash alert" to States warning of possible election website hacking.

They say 2 states had problems.

They seem to recommend log reviews to see if any intrusions may have occurred.

This might indicate possible election rigging in the works?

"Russians" are mentioned in the article.

How dangerous is this do you think?

FBI is investigating foreign hacks of state election systems

The FBI is investigating a series of suspected foreign hacks of state election computer systems and websites, and has warned states to be on the alert for potential intrusions.

The Aug. 18 warning, issued after two states suffered intrusions into their systems, comes amid heightened concern over Russian hacks of Democratic party organizations and possible meddling in the presidential election.

The FBI “flash” alert, which is not intended for general public release, listed IP addresses and other technical fingerprints associated with the hacks.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I can see it now. Election results are flaky. Groups all over take legal action. FEC closes it all down in the name of national security because....(wait for it)...the Russians!

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I SAID TRUMP WOULD win....just kidding ,which states?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This is when the "hack" happens, FBI agents who are already in clintons pockets get to do an "inspection"

This is what they are experts at......

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

Obama calls martial law...HALF of congress gets ambushed in a month... The possibilities...

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
maybe Trump is like how he is, because he has been assured by the Russians, that he will squeak in by a narrow margin, courtesy of Putin

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: ABNARTY

Obama calls martial law...HALF of congress gets ambushed in a month... The possibilities...

geez...cav....tom Clancy much?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

"Those who cast the votes decide nothing.
Those who count the votes decide everything."

—Communist Tyrant and mass murderer Josef Stalin

Who counts the votes?

Maybe we should contract out all voting to a Russian company.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This election cycle all states should be FORCED to use paper ballots. Than we have 4 years to figure # out. Unfortunately, due to paper ballots being so much more secure than computer, very little election fraud could take place. I say that's unfortunate because it's the reason it won't happen, the "Powers the be" will not allow it.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

so both Arizona and Illinois experienced cyber attack issues. I wonder if there is a connection here.. why these 2 states? hmm

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

so both Arizona and Illinois experienced cyber attack issues. I wonder if there is a connection here.. why these 2 states? hmm

maybe the same "hackable cyber door lock" used in both states systems.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

"Those who cast the votes decide nothing.
Those who count the votes decide everything."

—Communist Tyrant and mass murderer Josef Stalin

Who counts the votes?

Maybe we should contract out all voting to a Russian company.

Like Uranium One?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Somebody is watching !!

Illinois election officials say private information from about 200,000 registered voters was accessed by hackers during a breach in late June.

And in a confidential “flash” alert from its cyber division, first reported by Yahoo News and posted online by others, the FBI said it’s investigating voter information breaches in both Arizona and Illinois and advised states to scan their systems for specific signs of hacking.

Hackers accessed personal info from 200,000 Illinois voters

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
They might also check out all the domestic sourced hacks as well...

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
What a waste of time.

I'd say they should investigate the DNC but I already know they're too technologically illiterate to pull something like this off.

Maybe you should scrap the electronic voting system entirely. Go back to the old pencil and paper. Seems to work for the rest of the world.

Who even wanted this electronic voting crap anyway?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran
This election cycle all states should be FORCED to use paper ballots. Than we have 4 years to figure # out. Unfortunately, due to paper ballots being so much more secure than computer, very little election fraud could take place. I say that's unfortunate because it's the reason it won't happen, the "Powers the be" will not allow it.

Someone with a bit of common

Funny thing the overriding thing that stands out is (1) your own country wants to own you in everywhichway and that paper ballots are in the way, (2) That the secret services, (how many of the feckers are there?) view foreign intelligence hackers as 'just' doing their jobs, and view you and I if we did it, as criminals, destination....the pockey. It's all so pathetic and humbug!

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The makers of the voting machines wanted this. The media wanted this so they could be done with elections on election night.
What difference would it make if it took five hours to count the votes rather than 30 minutes? Paper ballots are far harder to falsify than the numbers generated by computer.
In our county we returned to paper ballots with a scanner that reads the ballot. Here's the rub for that gambit---the ballots never actually get counted by humans unless there is a recall paid for by the candidate who requests the recall. It's a sham actually.
For more info from people who have studied this issue for more two decades see the articles at blackboxvoting.org...
There should be no such thing as on-line voting. That's just asking for trouble.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Okay Xuen, I put on my heavy duty tinfoil hat for this post...

Maybe -- just maybe -- this is in response to measures taken by these states to prevent voter fraud... voter fraud that the PTB have been counting on to "win" the election... maybe this is a preemptive measure to either take control of the coming elections or to postpone the elections until they can somehow ensure the results they wanted.

Like this:

Illinois Automatic Voter Registration Vetoed by Governor

And this:

Ducey signs bill to make ballot harvesting a felony

Is my confirmation bias showing? I'll blame the Feds first every time

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
my county uses paper ballots but you have to put the ballot into a machine that counts the vote and then it automatically shreds the ballot and confetti comes out the back of the machine so there is no paper record of your vote.
That kind of defeats the whole purpose of using paper ballots, in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
my county uses paper ballots but you have to put the ballot into a machine that counts the vote and then it automatically shreds the ballot and confetti comes out the back of the machine so there is no paper record of your vote.
That kind of defeats the whole purpose of using paper ballots, in my opinion.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join