It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightning strike kills 323 wild reindeer in southern Norway

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I couldn't open the link, but here is one of Norwegian newspaper with Video and picture from the site.
www.vg.no...

All the bodies are sent in a lab for further investigation. There are 5 survivors.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I wonder how many were trampled to death after the initial strike from the surviving and terrified reindeer?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I suspect a psychopathic Santa ... got tired of the games.

Poor guys, tho... and who knows, maybe a mass alien mutilation... via electricity?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If they were huddled, they were likely all in some form of physical contact and then they were also probably wet. If they're like Caribou, they have hollow hairs too and that might have done something.

But wet fur (maybe hollow fur helps?) of all those animals huddled in and touching?

Why couldn't the electricity spread through the group on its way to the ground?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
That's catastrophic for an entire herd to be lost at once. It will take a long time for that area to recover.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If they were huddled, they were likely all in some form of physical contact and then they were also probably wet. If they're like Caribou, they have hollow hairs too and that might have done something.

But wet fur (maybe hollow fur helps?) of all those animals huddled in and touching?

Why couldn't the electricity spread through the group on its way to the ground?

Not only are they like caribou, they are caribou. I learned this only after eating caribou sausage. Better marketing than reindeer sausage I guess.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: robbystarbuck

Hmmm.....not only were they struck by lightening, but some were also missing heads.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Trophy hunters showing up after the fact?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Well I guess the one who reported it or ones who did so must have wanted to score before hand.

If said persons did not then who did? More then likely that's how it happened or some one they know.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join