It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about pyrmids

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Here is an interesting picture that might shed some perspective, what came first the model or the finished product?

Found at the Hawara complex

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Well, it'd be helpful to know where that artifact was found and in what context and in whose tomb -- or if it was something found outside the tomb. For all we know, it could have been something found in a workshop; a piece left over from trimming or a pre-trimmed piece that would form something else.

I seriously doubt that it's a model. Egyptians had highly sophisticated sculptural techniques and important artifacts were highly decorated. It might be a part of a building (door sill) or some such, but it's really rather wrong for an Egyptian model.

Take a look at the photo on THIS page to see how detailed the ancient Egyptians made their models:
homepage.powerup.com.au...

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
The megaliths in Peru, Mexico, and Egypt, are all similar in their method of joinery. They are so similar that a close up picture of the joints cannot be told apart from each other. They also all have astronomical design features. The exact construction methods used are far from solved. The Great Pyramid alone has numerous anomalous design details that have yet to be explained, and the logistical plan for duplicating it today is an often attempted, never achieved puzzle.

With such undeniable physical evidence such as this, how can people deny that the ancient ones did not have help from an outside source? That is evidence in black and white, yet people still deny ET involvement. What the heck is the matter with people?

If you take a look at the joints that separate the blocks inside the great pyramid you can’t even put a sheet of paper through them yet it still has a thin application of mortar.

Here is a quote:

The mortar used is of an unknown origin. It has been analyzed and it's chemical composition is known but it can't be reproduced. It is stronger than the stone and still holding up today.

www.crystalinks.com...

I bet the three pyramids of egypt were built in less than a year because they were not built by human power.

[edit on 3-4-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
Some say that so many cultures simultanoeously developed the pyramids because it was like a stairway to heaven.

I have also heard this theory from one of my professors when I was in college. However, I think it is just an attempt by the academic community to try and write history as they want it.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Event Horizon
I bet the three pyramids of egypt were built in less than a year because they were not built by human power.
[edit on 3-4-2005 by Event Horizon]

I would not totally discount the idea that there was ET help, but my present view is that it is more likely the product of a very advanced, ancient civilization. If they had technology that we have yet to discover, in particular, regarding resonance, sound waves, vibration, etc. It may account for many of the inexplicable feats they achieved. The things that I find most compelling are things like the drillbit, or bore marks inside the sarcophagus in the Great Pyramid. The cut marks show a drill that was able to cut more deeply into granite in one revolution than any known modern drill. Resonance could be a part of how it was possible. There are many nephrite, and alabaster vases from ancient Egypt that are puzzling, due to their long narrow necks, and wide hollow bases. Carving something that shape out of hard stone is exceedingly difficult, due to the restrictions that the narrow long neck impose on ones ability to carve out the body.
I could go on all night, nuff sed.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I would not totally discount the idea that there was ET help, but my present view is that it is more likely the product of a very advanced, ancient civilization. If they had technology that we have yet to discover, in particular, regarding resonance, sound waves, vibration, etc. It may account for many of the inexplicable feats they achieved. The things that I find most compelling are things like the drillbit, or bore marks inside the sarcophagus in the Great Pyramid. The cut marks show a drill that was able to cut more deeply into granite in one revolution than any known modern drill. Resonance could be a part of how it was possible. There are many nephrite, and alabaster vases from ancient Egypt that are puzzling, due to their long narrow necks, and wide hollow bases. Carving something that shape out of hard stone is exceedingly difficult, due to the restrictions that the narrow long neck impose on ones ability to carve out the body.
I could go on all night, nuff sed.

You're right. I admit, it was a little close minded for me to say it that way. I guess there are many more possibilities to think about but something tells me that the ancient people had help. I think you may be on to something with the resonances and sound waves. What was the name of that guy who had a stick that could move heavy objects but he would only show it to children? I think it had to do with what you talking about. What is really interesting is that if there was this advanced civilization in egypt what happened to it?

[edit on 4-4-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
A world wide extinction level cataclysm is what happened to them.

If you want a very scientifically based, compelling account of it, read "Cataclysm" by Allen and Delair. They are two scientists who research the possibility that such an event may have killed off the Mammoths, etc. Their findings clearly point to a 9 500 BC cataclysm of global proportions.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Well, it'd be helpful to know where that artifact was found and in what context and in whose tomb -- or if it was something found outside the tomb. For all we know, it could have been something found in a workshop; a piece left over from trimming or a pre-trimmed piece that would form something else.

I seriously doubt that it's a model. Egyptians had highly sophisticated sculptural techniques and important artifacts were highly decorated. It might be a part of a building (door sill) or some such, but it's really rather wrong for an Egyptian model.

Take a look at the photo on THIS page to see how detailed the ancient Egyptians made their models:
homepage.powerup.com.au...
Since your post follows mine, and in case it is my post to which you respond; I did declare it was from Hawara. you claim to be a student of archaeology or something similar, and at least knowledgeable in such subjects, so I would presume you should have a better acquaintance with the object than I.

If in fact your response is to my post, then my statement relative to that post should suffice as to my current position. On the other hand, it may not be my post to which you respond for the picture I present can certainly not be on a door post.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
My assumption is that they simple had too much free time. I think to us it sounds crazy to spend so much time stacking mud up to the sky. But to them, they were probably just working off their slave labor.

I don't see aliens doing that, now crop circles on the other hand.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Aren't Pyramids the simplest way to build towards the sky. I thought that the China pyramids were hollowed out mounds of dirt, not actual stone pyramids.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

If you want a very scientifically based, compelling account of it, read "Cataclysm" by Allen and Delair. They are two scientists who research the possibility that such an event may have killed off the Mammoths, etc. Their findings clearly point to a 9 500 BC cataclysm of global proportions.

But the pyramids are about 7000 years younger than that...

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne

But the pyramids are about 7000 years younger than that...

I just disagree, the accepted age is as you say. I find that my research tends to suggest otherwise.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SleepingDillinger
How did pyrmids get from egypt to aztec to china and all of them in the shape of orions belt?

They didn't.

And they aren't in the shape of Orion's belt.

There are nine at Giza, including three small ones in front of the second pyramid. You get the 'belt of Orion' if you drop out all the other pyramids and flip Orion horizontally. Then it fits.

Actually, that is incorrect. The pyramids of Giza ARE lined up with Orion if the date was pre-10,000 years ago. Even the size of the pyramids corrispond to the size of the stars. The three small pyramids (if represented as stars) are actually there in the orions belt, they are however not visable to the naked eye, but they are there!!

The Chinese pyramids aren't laid out on anything resembling Orion.

Actually the Chinese Pyramids line up with the constilation of Libra, but again is it was pre-10,000 years ago. I am sure if you study the S.American pyramids, they will line up with a constilation.

Check out this intersting link...

www.angelfire.com...#

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Is there a possibility that the Egyptians and the Aztecs or Mayans were descended of the same people? If Atlantis is believed to have been somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean... Could the Atlanteans have known that their continent was going to sink/be destroyed, and some people had time to evacuate? Those people could have been the reason that the architecture and alphabets of the Egyptians and Aztecs/Mayans were somewhat similar. (In comparison to the peoples surrounding where they were located). Why were the Egyptians so different from other Africans and surrounding cultures? Where did they come from and how were they so advanced in comparison? I think it's a plausible explanation of the similarities.

I can't find a link, since it was so long ago that I came across this information, but I am looking... I read that there are 7 (or is it 9) citites on the west coast of Africa and 7 cities on the east coast of South America that have virtually identical names dating from thousands of years ago. This could be more evidence of my hypothesis... if I can find the link, of course. I'm sorry I'm not more together. lol

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

Since your post follows mine, and in case it is my post to which you respond; I did declare it was from Hawara.

Right. I saw that. But Hawara is a HUGE site and they have thousands of artifacts from it and there's a number of structures there.

If you saw it in the place where they first found it, and what was next to it, and identified what the structure was (temple, grave, workshop, house, wall) then it's possible to identify it. Without that, it's just "a roughly pyramid shaped chunk of limestone."

I don't doubt that the stuff is there in the expedition's notes and that someone with the expedition can give you full details. But out of context like that, it's pretty hard to say what it is other than "chunk O Limestone."

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by menjo

Originally posted by ByrdThey didn't.

And they aren't in the shape of Orion's belt.

There are nine at Giza, including three small ones in front of the second pyramid. You get the 'belt of Orion' if you drop out all the other pyramids and flip Orion horizontally. Then it fits.

Actually, that is incorrect. The pyramids of Giza ARE lined up with Orion if the date was pre-10,000 years ago. Even the size of the pyramids corrispond to the size of the stars. The three small pyramids (if represented as stars) are actually there in the orions belt, they are however not visable to the naked eye, but they are there!!

Beg to differ. The pyramids are BACKWARDS to the stars in Orion's belt. To make it "work" you have to turn Egypt upside down:
www.antiquityofman.com...

Here's Orion (plus all the deep sky objects there):
www.sciencenet.org.uk...

Here's a map of the pyramids at Giza. Very different.

The Chinese pyramids aren't laid out on anything resembling Orion.

Actually the Chinese Pyramids line up with the constilation of Libra, but again is it was pre-10,000 years ago.
Color me skeptical on this one... it's not as good a match, either, and the date on the pyramids doesn't match.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Beg to differ. The pyramids are BACKWARDS to the stars in Orion's belt. To make it "work" you have to turn Egypt upside down:
www.antiquityofman.com...

www.sciencenet.org.uk...

Upside down, exactly, it is a mirror image.
That is what Bauval, Hancock, etc. show it to be, with the Nile representing the Milky Way. It is like looking at a reflecting pond. The Pyramids do quite closely mirror the belt, with their sizes roughly approximating the three stars brightness even.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Linux wrote:

As such, the 4 shafts align with high precision to the exact location of the stars in the skies in the 2500 BC epoch. With the 4 starts targeted being of high ritual importance, it is ruled out that the alignments are of mere coincidence or are accidental. The date at which all Egyptologists and archaeologists believe the pyramids to have been built, is hence 2500 BC.

No. You assume post hoc propter ergo hoc. In fact, as you yourself have pointed out the ancient Egyptians had superior math (and astronomy) skills. The pyramid could just as well have been built in 5000 BC and designed to line up to a celestial event 2,500 years in the future. The fact that the Pyramids were certainly built to be enduring would reinforce this theory.

Also there is a small, but growing minority of Archeologists and Egyptologists feel the date of the Giza complex (or at least the Sphinx) is likely 5000-7000 BC. Here is a link to a scholarly paper with 30 references:

Age of sphynx

And here is a bit more out of the mainstream source:

Pre-cataclysmic civilization

[edit on 28-5-2005 by opensecret1150]

[edit on 28-5-2005 by opensecret1150]

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   

www.sciencenet.org.uk...

Here's a map of the pyramids at Giza. Very different.

The map is inverted, not the pyramids.

Gotta be an astronomer to know that. See, the optical system of reflecting astronomical telescopes has no element to 'erect' images, so the view through most astonomical telescopes is inverted.

So skymaps are drawn inverted.

Sigh...

As for why the pyramids and people are similar: this link may be a clue: The Ali'i.

There is/was a seagoing Royalty with its own hidden agenda- for the last 60,000 years...

[edit on 30-5-2005 by Chakotay]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join