It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Ad Credits Tax Plan He Doesn't Support

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I seriously doubt even HE understands his mixed up "policies".

Yep. The Donald does not deeply understand issues or politics, which was his appeal to the voters he would have liked to have shaken off. He shouts, he rants, and that's the extent of his uncuriosity about everything around him except for himself. Unable to bow gracefully from the limelight, he has continued onstage, soaking in the applause, but forgetting his lines, substituting lines whispered to him from the prompters.

Trump is a stuck weather vane on stage now. After Conway, Bannon (Breitbart), and Ailes came aboard, Trump can only read what they put on the teleprompter in front of him. And what he is reading is straight out of the far right extremist script to finalize the takeover of the Republican Party, to turn it into the party that finally destroys all things federal.

Years ago the Koch's returned to the GOP from their Libertarian Party run and spread their ideology outside and inside the GOP. Their old party is now in the hands of Johnson and Weld, but the ideology is now being passed off as mainstream RP.

How One Family’s Deep Pockets Helped Reshape Donald Trump’s Campaign

They have given to libertarian organizations, such as the Cato Institute, and political organizations like the Club for Growth, which spends millions of dollars each election cycle in Republican primaries, hoping to promote orthodox conservative policies on taxes and spending. The Mercers are also significant donors to the sprawling political network overseen by the political activists Charles G. and David H. Koch, which is also libertarian-leaning.
Mr. Bannon’s ascension on Wednesday — urged on Mr. Trump by Ms. Mercer, among others — shows how a cadre of strategists, “super PACs” and political organizations quietly nurtured by her family have emerged to play a pivotal role in Mr. Trump’s presidential campaign.
Kellyanne Conway, is a veteran Republican pollster who previously oversaw a super PAC financed by the Mercers.

Another example of a plan he doesn't support is his loud proclamation during his recent Iowa speech that deportations would be for illegals who commit crimes, but crimes no longer carry the weight of "being here without proper papers". It has been downgraded to "protecting the American people", which is already in the law. Trump's original plan was not what Libertarian ideology demanded, the free flow of labor across borders.

Trump is now the puppet of the oligarchy and their ideology. And he doesn't even know it.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Back to the topic:

At this late stage in the campaign Trump and his people are so disorganized and confused they cannot articulate any significant specifics about his immigration or economic plans.

Anyone who watched Preibus, Pence or Kellyanne Conway Sunday morning knows what a joke the situation is.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
Trump is now the puppet of the oligarchy and their ideology. And he doesn't even know it.

It's what I've been saying for a while. He's actually a weak man who is way out of his element. That's almost always the case with people who are gigantic A***H***s like that. What kind of leader goes onto a talk (reality) TV show and starts polling the audience about how he should handle the central issue in his campaign?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: Byrd

I honestly think he's counting on a lot of low-information, emotional voters and hoping his audience just hears what they want to hear and will ignore the rest as propaganda and a "rigged" system. I seriously doubt even HE understands his mixed up "policies".

Gotta love all the veiled insults by leftists / Hillarites at their opposition. Nice Intelligence Shaming & Rationale Shaming. Very adult like. Not hypocritical at all.

Being low-information does not require low-intelligence????

Ideological blinders..people being WILLFULLY ignorant in order to maintain the comfort of their world-view accounts for that most often IMO.

That plus the Lizard Brain...Fear centers designed to over-ride more thoughtful decisions..Thus the appeal to fear that trump employs.

I wish it were something as simple as low-intelligence, but it is not. Beliefs do not need intelligence to believe. Cults are full of intelligent (some extremely!) people who hold beliefs, for ex. I have met many intelligent but politically low-information right wing voters, drawn to politics on emotional issues and finding that their worldviews are indeed being reinforced by their politicians and the media they subscribe to. They do not want/need to delve deeply on issues. A simple emotional appeal is all it takes.

In recent years, however, some of those I know have actually shaken off their blinders, realizing that their old beliefs did them no good or realizing that their belief was far from reality.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

To borrow a Trumpism ..."Many people say"...that running a presidential campaign is indicative of your political management and organizational skills as President. The practice of assembling a large staff around you to organize and execute on clear policy and communications.
...Just saying...His campaign thus far has been a complete sh*& show with insane and regular turn-over of staff and whiplash changes in policy, messaging and direction. Organizationally they have been so bad that Republican Operatives have publicly speculated that he might be throwing the election.

I get that every campaign has it "snafus" but with Trump's campaign they are the norm, not the exception..

just saying "Many people are saying it"...

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Trump is a paper tiger. His campaign descended into chaos. And into this chaos, because Trump himself is a low-information politician, comes the authoritarian, oligarchic group to impose "law and order".

These authoritarians and oligarchs fear no one. They believe they can manipulate "the little people".

We are witnessing the general weakness of the Republican Party and their POTUS candidate in particular, and we usually only see such a magnitude of weakness and resulting chaos in other places. We only have to look at a current example of great weakness, power vacuum, where extremists enter the state to impose order--ISIS.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
OK, wait a minute. I know you all like to circle jerk and fantasize about a Non Trump presidency but there is not ONE url in that video. None. I understand the quotes are coming from outside articles about a Tax plan but lets break it down.

1. Tax relief - He is proposing tax relief for personal and business tax. This is a FACT. I do not care about footnote' on where it came from because it is true.

2. Millions of new jobs - cut the corporate tax to 15% across the board and all pay equally. This will free up capital for jobs.

3. Wages go up - More money coming in means better wages.

4. Small businesses thrive - yes they would with a 15% percent tax

It makes the American dream possible. It is a plan....all HIllary has are 'goals' as she puts them.
edit on 08pm31pmf0000002016-08-29T14:57:34-05:000234 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

OK, wait a minute. I know you all like to circle jerk and fantasize about a Non Trump presidency but there is not ONE url in that video.

It's kind of ironic to read a trump supporter go, but there's not one fact in that, no source, no nothing, so I don't agree!

That's been the whole campaign from start to finish.

. Small businesses thrive - yes they would with a 15% percent tax

Small businesses aren't corporations, they would not benefit from a corporate tax rate of 15%.

1. Tax relief - He is proposing tax relief for personal and business tax. This is a FACT. I do not care about footnote' on where it came from because it is true.

So you're saying he said it, but he can't show us how, or why, or with that?

This is meaningless, no tax proposal ever has lead to increased wages by default for the working class.

It makes the American dream possible.

It most certainly is a dream alright.

~Tenth
edit on 8/29/2016 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
He still says he will simplify the tax code and reduce it to 3 income brackets.
Upper
Middle
Lower
Yet again he is being ostracized for changing an opinion or policy in the slightest, for the most part his original plan still stands. You all seem to enjoy having a 65,000 page tax code and being in perpetual debt slavery...

What kind of leader goes onto a talk (reality) TV show and starts polling the audience about how he should handle the central issue in his campaign?

Oh I don't know one that values the opinions of his constituents.
I don't think he was asking for assistance from the audience but more like their opinion.
The guy made billions of dollars by being a leader and acting as such. Not because he is weak or stupid. This whole situation is really sad because I see plenty of flaws in Trump. Like his tendency to shoot from the hip, and his brashness are just 2 issues I have with the man.

But the ones you all seem to latch onto are so inconsequential to his legitimacy to run for president it's laughable. As a negotiator, a entrepreneur, a free market supporter, and product of the private sector makes him more than qualified. Once again we have an anti-Trump circle jerk over something that the left and some individuals I see on this very thread do all the time.

One suggestion never evolve or change your opinion on anything or you will be a hypocrite of the highest order.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Small businesses pay taxes. On average about 20%. Maybe you are referring to a self employment tax but that is not a small business that could employ 10-20 people at a local level.

He has said it. He has repeated it. It is on his website. You just don't care which is your choice.

When someone is taxed less they make more. This is pretty simply when you think about it. We are not talking about 'by default'. We are talking about how a new policy would allow more take home pay.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Small businesses pay taxes. On average about 20%. Maybe you are referring to a self employment tax but that is not a small business that could employ 10-20 people at a local level.

And trump .lowering the corporate tax rate to 15% doesn't help them. Since they don't pay corporate tax.

He has said it. He has repeated it. It is on his website. You just don't care which is your choice.

He said he would lower the CORPORATE TAX rate to 15%. That doesn't help small business. They don't pay the same kinds of taxes as Corporations do.

This isn't hard to understand, he said it, yes that's true, but that doesn't involve small business at all.

When someone is taxed less they make more. This is pretty simply when you think about it. We are not talking about 'by default'.

When you're a corporation, you pay the corporate tax rate, when you're a small business, you pay a different tax rate, that has nothing to do with the corporate Rate that Donald is talking about.

Pretty simple when you think about it.

So please explain to me, how a small business, benefits from Corporations getting a tax cut from their 35% rate down to 15%?

I do care, but I'm starting to think Trump and some of his supporters don't understand the very basic concepts of how the economy works.

~Tenth
edit on 8/29/2016 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Oh I don't know one that values the opinions of his constituents.
I don't think he was asking for assistance from the audience but more like their opinion.
The guy made billions of dollars by being a leader and acting as such

Right. How's this going to go? "OK, do we shoot down Russian planes bombing the Kurds or not? I mean, what do you guys think? Let's hear it! OK, now just the girls!"

The guy is no leader at all. What he and his befuddled talking heads are trying to say now is : "All you people who cheered when I said we were going to deport the illegal immigrants, yeah, I'm still going to do that. All you soccer moms in Bucks County, Pennsylvania who think I'm a meanie, well, I'm not going to do that. I mean, yes, I am going to do that. But it will be humane. Or maybe not. I'll be giving a speech soon to explain all this. I haven't changed my policy, I've just changed the words I'm saying."

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
OK, wait a minute. I know you all like to circle jerk and fantasize about a Non Trump presidency but there is not ONE url in that video. None. I understand the quotes are coming from outside articles about a Tax plan but lets break it down.

Ack. I meant to link an article and not a video!

The numbers changed, though, and he's picking up something he once criticized.

2. Millions of new jobs - cut the corporate tax to 15% across the board and all pay equally. This will free up capital for jobs.

But... tax revenues have to come from somewhere. A government that "just prints money" is one that sees runaway inflation. So if corporations get an even bigger tax break -- it's gotta land on the rest of us.

I don't want to sound mean-spirited, but have you seen the salaries of executives here in America? They're outrageously huge compared to Europe. It appears that most of the profits go into pleasing stockholders and giving the Ones Who Run Things huge salaries. (see Forbes: Report: CEOs Earn 331 Times As Much As Average Workers, 774 Times As Much As Minimum Wage Earners)

Trickle-down economics just...hasn't. And that's a real shame.

4. Small businesses thrive - yes they would with a 15% percent tax

But they need infrastructure (roads, garbage pickup, police, fire, water, electricity) to run... and where's THAT money coming from?

These things really should be spelled out. The Republicans had at one time a plan that covered all these bases. And a Forbes analysis says Trump's tax plan could double the deficit

Talking numbers isn't as glamorous as a rousing "he can fix it"... but all the inspiring speeches in the world won't fix a thing without a solid plan to back it up.

This should worry everyone.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
He still says he will simplify the tax code and reduce it to 3 income brackets.
Upper
Middle
Lower
Yet again he is being ostracized for changing an opinion or policy in the slightest, for the most part his original plan still stands. You all seem to enjoy having a 65,000 page tax code and being in perpetual debt slavery...

I should point out that when politicians reverse their stance, they come under a lot of heavy criticism for it.

If he's playing in the Political Pool, then he gets equal treatment. He can't play the Special Person card.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

When someone is taxed less they make more. This is pretty simply when you think about it. We are not talking about 'by default'. We are talking about how a new policy would allow more take home pay.

I remember when Ron Paul was running for president and he announced his "abolish the income tax plan," that was met with MASSIVE criticism on being "too radical," and/or "fringe."

If you think Trump is going to lower taxes on ordinary Americans, you're mistaken. Do you honestly believe Trump would go against the interests of what has made him and his oligarchal friends (including the Clintons) into what they are today?

Ah - I forget, Trump supporters perpetuate the myth and/or completely ignore the facts of the connections between Donald, "the establishment," and in particular - Hillary and Bill Clinton.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join