It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Ad Credits Tax Plan He Doesn't Support

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Thinking the current election couldn't get any more bizarre? I think this is a taste of things to come:

Donald Trump's new $10 million TV ad cites two contradictory tax plans -- one that Trump has explicitly ruled out and another that he has yet to endorse -- raising more questions about what policies the GOP presidential nominee supports.

Trump's new ad seems generic enough for a Republican politician. In it, he promises lower taxes, more jobs, and growth for small businesses.

...and really, there's little to argue with there.

But that's where things get weird. The ad's next two claims that Trump would make "wages go up" and "small businesses thrive" refer to his old tax plan from last year, which had drastically different rates, including a 0% bracket at the bottom and a top rate of 25%. The on-screen citation directs viewers to a Tax Foundation analysis of that now-defunct proposal from September 2015.

Trump erased his old plan from his website shortly before he announced his new one in a speech to the Detroit Economic Club earlier this month.

source

And apparently he's going to do this while reducing taxes on corporations

You've got to wonder about that ad agency - giving a URL to an analysis of a defunct plan? Endorsement of the Republican plan that he didn't like?

Who's in control of those ads?

edit on 29-8-2016 by ATSmediaPRO because: Added Video

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Who's in control of those ads?

Trump just hired Jason Miller. The advertisement wasn't entirely complicated to make so it might have been his first project.

STAFFING UP
Trump Hires Ex-Cruz Aide as Communications Adviser

Jason Miller, who was the senior communications adviser for Texas Senator Ted Cruz’s presidential campaign, will take the lead role over the Trump campaign’s message and interactions with the news media.

More hires are expected to be announced soon, including state directors, campaign aides told Bloomberg Politics. The news comes a week after Trump fired his campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, creating a wave of upheaval at Trump headquarters.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
What you should have done is made this a pro Trump thread saying look at Trump's tax plan and then waited for all the Trumpers to say "it's a great plan, a huge plan and it's gonna make America great again"....

Then on page five say "btw Trump disagree" and watch them all flip flop.

I don't like Hillary, and some of her supporters are unbearably blind and probably "correcting the record" but Trumpers are a whole new wave of hilarity, lately.

Look at the way they all took his apology and said "look at that great man" when they'd initially agreed with every word he said.

This is not aimed at all of Trump's supporters, some of them have called him out and disagreed with him, fair play to them.

I respect the #NeverHillary camp the same way I respect the #NeverTrump camp.

They're the only sane ones involved.
edit on 29-8-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Autocorrect.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I honestly think he's counting on a lot of low-information, emotional voters and hoping his audience just hears what they want to hear and will ignore the rest as propaganda and a "rigged" system. I seriously doubt even HE understands his mixed up "policies".

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Put simply Trump's current strategy is that substance is unnecessary and hypocrisy required.

The ad includes an image of a sad white lady while talking about Clinton and a happy black man while talking about Trump!

Winning!

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I honestly think he's counting on a lot of low-information, emotional voters and hoping his audience just hears what they want to hear and will ignore the rest as propaganda and a "rigged" system. I seriously doubt even HE understands his mixed up "policies".

Gotta love all the veiled insults by leftists / Hillarites at their opposition. Nice Intelligence Shaming & Rationale Shaming. Very adult like. Not hypocritical at all.

Being low-information does not require low-intelligence????

Ideological blinders..people being WILLFULLY ignorant in order to maintain the comfort of their world-view accounts for that most often IMO.

That plus the Lizard Brain...Fear centers designed to over-ride more thoughtful decisions..Thus the appeal to fear that trump employs.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
this is how he probably plans to help wages go up

“Should we have a completely open border so that anyone can come in the United States of America?” he repeated after MSNBC’s Alex Seitz-Wald asked about his position. “If that were to happen, which I strongly disagree with, there is no question in my mind that that would substantially lower wages in this country.”

So when the criminals, that are illegal aliens, are removed that would have a positive effect on wages.

that "racist" statement is from Sen Sanders. Would that statement only be "racist" if Trump said it?

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Not saying YOU specifically are hypocritical it's just a trend I've noticed on virtually every anti-Trump thread on ATS.

Thread gets created. OP isn't discussed, "Crooked Hillary," is instead. Then there's something about "liberals/lefties," in there (which at times is rightfully so), HOWEVER - anytime this same concept is applied to "Conman Donnie," it's "baseless character assassination," it's "propoganda," it's "ignorant to attacks Trump's character," and don't misconstrue me or put words/thoughts in my head - I'm not a Hillary Clinton supporter.

But then, there's always a Trump supporter to INSIST that "attacking Trump is supporting Hillary," which is completely false.

That pendulum swings both ways and it's telling how respective camps only find it to be troublesome when it's being done to their respective messiah.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

that "racist" statement is from Sen Sanders. Would that statement only be "racist" if Trump said it?

maybes english isn't your language?
there is no racist context in the article you provided.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Everything Trump has done this entire election has been a complete disaster, yet, the most ignorant people on planet Earth want him as president.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I insulted ONE PERSON - Don. If you want to take what I said personally and take offense to it, that's your CHOICE. I said NOTHING about intelligence, and nothing I said was "veiled" or hypocritical. It was straightforward. Go cry in the corner, but don't blame me for your hurt feelings.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I honestly think he's counting on a lot of low-information, emotional voters and hoping his audience just hears what they want to hear and will ignore the rest as propaganda and a "rigged" system.

So the "usual" republican strategy then.

K~

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

It's not an insult if it's true.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Criticism of Trump does not equate to acceptance of Hillary.

I know that the GOP only have the one guy, and that they absolutely must fall in line or else the party will dissolve at this point, but there's no arguing that his campaign is un-organized and unorthodox to the extreme.

And the unorthodox campaign isn't all that bad, but the organizational merits are severely lacking. Clinton leads Trump an average of 5 points nationwide.

If the difference between winning and losing are just a change of attitude and organization, that's the least he could do for the American he loves so much.

ETA: and this goes with the OP as well, there are always snafus during the election and to the first comment on the thread - probably just a new guy who made a mistake.

~Tenth

edit on 8/29/2016 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join