It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man doesn't learn from past history.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
We are now learning the Pentagon has plans ready to strike nuclear facilities in Iran, the Pentagon claims are not used for energy power. We know how believable and trust worthy the Pentagon is!? It's also been said by very reliable Pentagon insiders, that they have special forces traveling in and out of Iran. The Neo-Con's in the current administration also believe that a strike would motivate those Iranian people in favor "of change" to rise up against the current fanatical religious leaders in power.

Here is a story from the past:

In 1588, the King of Spain, Philip II, thought he would invade England. He believed and was counceled, that the English Catholics would rise in rebellion and hurl Queen Elizabeth I, a Protestant, from her throne. The Spanish King would send his fleet of ships, (the worlds most heavily armed and greatest navy) and crush the British navy. But on July 29, 1588 an smaller fleet and smaller ships unveiled a completely new method of combat. They sailed the more nimble ships away from direct combat and relied on longrange cannons. Defeated, half the Spanish ships made it home.

Anybody see comparisons to the U.S.'s biggest badest force, having problems with the "new method" urban warfare and acting as a police force?

A revolution will always out last an occupation! An occupant has to GO HOME eventually!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
such a history plays cruel tricks on those who chase after it, such a history plays cruel tricks on those, who wish to repeat it..

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'm confused. Is this a prediction from someone?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
History always repeats it self.
Ask yourself this: What brought about the fall of the Roman Empire, the split into Western Rome's demise into Feudal kingdoms & The Fall of Byzantium (Eastern Rome). If you can answer this than you'll already see the same thing happening to not only America but the entire Western civilization. The answer is not politically correct but alas it is the truth but to avoid hatemail I suggest you research the topic yourself.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I'm confused. Is this a prediction from someone?

I think this is an attempt to see the future by looking into the past. Personally I think the viewing glass is tilted the wrong way. It is the U.S. forces that have the big guns and can sit a long way off and shoot at the enemy. If you wan't long range cannons, look no further than ICBM's which are in short supply in Iran.

No, I don't think that this is a good analogy of what's to come in the future. The U.S. is held back by forces other than those in Iran. It's only peer pressure from other European nations that holds back the tide for now. Will the U.S. fall? All great nations eventually run into problems. Sounds more like wishful thinking than an actual prediction.

new topics

top topics

join