It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lying Russians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I hate to tell you, but we ''the west'' are the evil side in this little piece of History.

I hate to tell you but that is an overly simplistic view. It's only true to the extent that you ignore where we, the "west", actually derive from (culturally, historically): the ancient Near East. The Tigris-Euphrates valley. Ancient Sumeria and whatever came before. That was also the source of ancient Zhang-Zhung or TIbetan culture, and a branch (at least, if not part of the trunk) of what later became the amalgamated civilizations of ancient India -- the indigenous Harappan and other cultures, and the invading Aryans with their "Indo-European" Vedic/Sanskrit language, from the Cental Asian steppes. So basically that covers present-day Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Turkey, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Western China and Tibet, a whole barrel of central Asian former Soviet Republics and on and on. Oh, almost forgot India, Sri Lanka, BUrma, and Indochina. And the Philipines. All those people descend at least partly from white Caucasians and their Indo-European language groups, wholly or in part, going back well before written history in all those places. Even Singapore is named with an Indo-European based name: singha (lion) pur (city, cf. Engish full or Latin plenum).

So East is West, and West is East, and ever the twain are a bloody clusterf*** of economic, linguistic, cultural, political interconnectedness.

I suggest either blame everyone or blame no one at all, just to be consistent.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Sep 3rd 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join