It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Embassy Dismisses Thai Concerns as Trust Evaporates Between Nations (but there is more !)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I consider myself and part of my family lucky to be able to live and travel in S.E. Asia. I have at times complained at some of the stupid actions and comments the diplomats from the US Embassy and US dignitaries who while passing through have made uninformed statements when speaking to certain countries in Asia. I am not gifted by any means but I am certainly not brain dead as of yet either. For those who take the time to read the article bare in mind it does not matter if all is true or only partly true.... For there are many in S.E. Asia that have and are losing trust in America's foreign policies. It certainly has not helped with all the regime changes nor with China breathing down every ones necks with money, joint infrastructure projects and other gifts:

And finally, the US currently is openly pursuing regime change in Syria, with US policymakers and US State Department, openly declaring US intentions to overthrow the government of Syria to replace it with one more to their liking. This is a repeat of what the US has openly done in both Iraq and Libya.

The many other examples cited in The Nation's editorial (Mexico in 1846, then post-World War II intervention in Iran (1953), Guatemala (1954), Congo (1960), Dominican Republic (1961), South Vietnam (1963), Brazil (1964), Chile (1973), Panama (1989), Kuwait, Iraq (2003), Honduras (2009), Syria (2012) and Ukraine (2014)) are also up for little debate.

When the US Embassy fails to address these concerns and dismisses them as "ridiculous" and "reckless," they are dismissing the legitimate concerns of millions of Thai people. But as the US has done in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Libya and Ukraine, disenfranchising the majority while cultivating a dangerous and violent minority appears to be the "American way."

The whole article is one of pointing figures at the USA... Again it is their country while the song "You've lost that loving feeling" comes to mind rather pointedly....

www.thenewatlas.org...

The US is currently engaged directly or indirectly in hostilities in at least the following countries: Syria, Yemen, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya, Somalia, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Uganda, Mali and Ukraine.

Of these conflicts, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen and Ukraine are direct results of US-backed "regime change."

I am an American and have even fought in a patriotic war for the flag and country; something I quite frankly am no longer proud of simply because I do believe General Smedley Butler was right way back then and even more correct today....

I hate to see our once great nation embroiled in places they have no business in...NO BUSINESS AT ALL !

To make sure readers understood clearly what the DIA meant by "supporting powers," the report would state:

The West, Gulf countries, and Turkey support the opposition; while Russia, China, and Iran support the regime.

Not only is the US openly pursuing regime change around the world including in Syria, it has admitted itself to seeking the creation of a "Salafist [Islamic] principality [State]" in eastern Syria, precisely where the Islamic State now resides.

Some of the outrage shown in the article is because there have been bombs going off in tourist areas such as Hua Hin and Phuket Thailand in the last 45 days... Before it has always been easy to blame the Muslim separatist and in truth most who have been caught or killed were Muslim insurgents or Muslims who want their own state and laws way way down in the tip if southern Thailand. The problem is there is beginning to be a feeling that there is more to the bombs and bullets than just Muslims.

Again I think I am lucky in many ways for I get to see and hear many sides of a political argument...Yet all of this bothers me on many different levels.

The Thais have never been subjugated by a colonial power and are a very independent race of people who tend not to put up with a bad government, bad manners, or bad neighbors.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I have great memories of Udorn. I was just a pup.
Being a veteran, you should already know that as times change so do politics.

On a side note, in the middle-east, some of our best and most trustworthy labor assets were Thai & Filipino.
I really miss those guys.

Buck

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Unfortunately we live in at a time where the US and the West are run mostly by Globalists. Wars and regime changes are just part of their tools to get what they want .... in this case a one world centralized government. Trust me, this agenda has a major effect locally here as well as what you see globally. I feel that what we call the "Media" (the government's propaganda machine) have kept most of the Americans population in the dark. Ask any random American about what is going on around the world and 9 out 10 will look at you with a blank stare or repeat what they heard from the MSM. Most probably do not even know the difference between Thailand and Taiwan. Ask them about Monday Night Football, the Kadashians or the Reality TV flavor of the week and they will be able to answer you right away. I feel sad about where we are as a Nation now, we are so dumb down that those in Power just lead us by the ring on our nose. Wake up!

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Although the US does bite ,it barking as of late has a tired tone to it .Weather the latest stunt over the South China Sea or the TPP (which excluded China) the US uses the carrot and stick method . But the times they are a changing and with China being the BIG "#1" ,at least in their neighbourhood we should expect the old dog to just bark at every sound in that neck of the woods .

This piece is also well worth taking a read ..

By Mike Whitney August 26, 2016 "Information Clearing House" - "Counterpunch" - The main architect of Washington’s plan to rule the world has abandoned the scheme and called for the forging of ties with Russia and China. While Zbigniew Brzezinski’s article in The American Interest titled “Towards a Global Realignment” has largely been ignored by the media, it shows that powerful members of the policymaking establishment no longer believe that Washington will prevail in its quest to extent US hegemony across the Middle East and Asia. Brzezinski, who was the main proponent of this idea and who drew up the blueprint for imperial expansion in his 1997 book The Grand Chessboard: American Primacy and Its Geostrategic Imperatives, has done an about-face and called for a dramatic revising of the strategy. Here’s an excerpt from the article in the AI: “As its era of global dominance ends, the United States needs to take the lead in realigning the global power architecture. Five basic verities regarding the emerging redistribution of global political power and the violent political awakening in the Middle East are signaling the coming of a new global realignment. The first of these verities is that the United States is still the world’s politically, economically, and militarily most powerful entity but, given complex geopolitical shifts in regional balances, it is no longer the globally imperial power.” (Toward a Global Realignment, Zbigniew Brzezinski, The American Interest)
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

As a vet living in the Philippines I'm noticing the us and un are really pissing of the new president who the people here love.

And the western msm is full out attacking him with lies and propaganda and spin.

This is a guy with over 90 percent favorability rating. When has any us president had that?

I think it's the USA that needs a regime change away from the globalist controlled flunky politicians.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

As a vet living in the Philippines I'm noticing the us and un are really pissing of the new president who the people here love.

And the western msm is full out attacking him with lies and propaganda and spin.

This is a guy with over 90 percent favorability rating. When has any us president had that?

I think it's the USA that needs a regime change away from the globalist controlled flunky politicians.

you can help this by hoping back to the states and vote Trump.
(i think you can still vote while abroad too)

but its interminable isnt it, the US rhetoric... bringing 'Freedom' and 'Democracy' to seemingly third world or nations whom cannot defend themselves. meanwhile, we dare not fly drones into NK... interesting. (China has us by the bullocks)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Great post and thanks for the link,

the US uses the carrot and stick method .
The buying of a politician (carrot) such as the deposed Thaksin Shinawatra and then his puppet sister who in her short time as P.M. managed to acquire a rather hefty fortune in a few bank accounts is not working like it used to. The stick approach has turned into proxies supported by arms, training, and funding for regime change. Hopefully countries are on to the game and have a way of defending against and defeating whoever wants to play that way in the host country's back yard.

top topics

join