It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISDS court: SECRET justice for Oligarchs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
There is a global court for businesses ..apparently.
I'VE never heard of it so I thought I would ask you....www.buzzfeed.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

There is a global court for businesses ..apparently.

yes thats right.dont know which exact court this article is referring to but this same thing exists under TPP Trans Pacific Partnership and which will also be set up under the proposed TIPP i think its called, for Europe anyway.

Under these arrangements the 3 member court is selected from TPP member legal companies, one from the complaining company, one from the accused government and one from the TPP. Their decisions are final, not published and there is no right of appeal, no decisions are commented on or correspondence entered into.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Oligarch enforcement group...

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
From EU side is TTIP probably dead. Public outcry over leaked propositions and especially manner in which this Leviathan was discussed, was probably too much even for our brave bureaucrats.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Oligarch enforcement group...

In a video by Former United States Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy under President Reagan Paul Craig Roberts, he said every member of the US congress who voted for the legislation had a $136 million donation paid into their re-election campaign fund.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JanAmosComenius
From EU side is TTIP probably dead. Public outcry over leaked propositions and especially manner in which this Leviathan was discussed, was probably too much even for our brave bureaucrats.

I dont think the most powerful organizations in the world are going to put off by a bit of temporary noise from the nobody masses, for long.

Too many nobodies are more interested in being "ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY!!" by who can sing the best or who cook the best or a 101 other dead brain things that is television, sport, pop culture and all other forms of distraction TPTB devise for the cattle.

Only when all these things really start to bite will the masses sit up and take notice and by then its long gone too late.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I'm skeptic or even pessimist but in this case "the people" worked pretty well. There are some other "technical" reasons: Namely reworking and renegotiating all those strict regulations. Some of them are stupid but some of them are well in place: I have no interest in antibiotics laden chicken or cow on steroids.

top topics

join