It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUFON Symposium in Florida Aug 26-28 -- any reports?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
Interesting essay by the MUFON director on the best cases -- all many, many years ago.
www.mufon.com...

Your link leads to Travis Walton, a top-ranking abduction bs'er. MUFON, for losers only.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
a reply to: facedye

Oy, you guys - I know y'all mean well and stuff. But has either of you been at that conference? Seems to me y'all are waaaaaaay off topic here

I acknowledge that!

I lurk deeply in these threads. very deeply.

I keep my comments mostly to myself mostly because:

1. i really don't want to come off arrogant on a topic SO sensitive

2. i still recognize there's so much i don't know and can't possibly take into account with any given circumstance.

forgive me - i'm unable to go. is there anything you'd care to share that i can learn in this regard?

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: facedye

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
a reply to: facedye

Oy, you guys - I know y'all mean well and stuff. But has either of you been at that conference? Seems to me y'all are waaaaaaay off topic here

I acknowledge that!

I lurk deeply in these threads. very deeply.

I keep my comments mostly to myself mostly because:

1. i really don't want to come off arrogant on a topic SO sensitive

2. i still recognize there's so much i don't know and can't possibly take into account with any given circumstance.

forgive me - i'm unable to go. is there anything you'd care to share that i can learn in this regard?

Don't get so serious! It's about a MUFON Symposium. What do you think takes place at these gettogethers? You have MUFON reps who think that they are an important bunch. They do not do anything than collect and gather data of reported events, truthful and untruthful because if the witness' testimony is not accompanied by some kind of evidence, e.g., photos and videos, it will then be hearsay. Since the '50s file cabinets, both vintage and modern data banks, are being filled with reports. That's all, just paper and now bits.

The topic is far from sensitive. It's out in the public, its lore. No one at MUFON has anything special to report. In the video they're discussing '60s cases, for crying out loud! There is nothing new to learn about UFOs. It's been that way for many decades. UFOlogists haven't changed anything. That's why there's a current thread here about UFOs or UFOlogy being boring. THAT is the current status.

Sometimes, it's good to be arrogant! Enjoy yourself, you're among friends.

posted on Aug, 30 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I think there's a LOT of value in collecting reports for future researchers to make sense of, and it needs to be done thoroughly and consistently, and thousands of people around the world have contributed to the assembly of that data base with the earnest hope of future utility. My hats off to each and every one of them.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Paola Harris must have wowed them, since she posted on Facebook, "Thanks for my excellence in ufology award MUFON"
She in turn is honoring a colleague at her symposium, Sat. Nov. 12:
"PAOLA HARRIS Presentation of 2016 StarworksUSA Award for Excellence In Investigative Journalism to Jaime Maussan (Mexico)"

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CardDown

Jaime investigates?

Huh.
edit on 9/3/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Thanks. Seems same old, same old....

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: CardDown

Jaime investigates?

Huh.

Yeah, he investigates or used to. He has been featured in documentaries sounding as if he had done some footwork to earn his "high status" in Mexico and probably has the largest UFO videos library in the world since thousands sent him theirs. He has serious cred:

Wikipedia

Jaime Maussan studied journalism at the UNAM and Miami University in Ohio, United States.

Since 1970 he has practiced his profession as a reporter at various newspapers and broadcasting outlets, among them El Sol de México, XEX Radio and with Televisa, where he appeared on the 24 Horas flagship newscast. At Televisa he was a correspondent at the United States and a general assignment reporter for the Domingo a Domingo (Sunday to Sunday) program hosted by Jacobo Zabludovsky; he also produced sixty stories for the Sunday show.

He has produced programs and segments for broadcasters around the world, most notably for the Mexican version of 60 Minutes. Awards for his work have come from organizations including the World Population Institute, and he has also won awards from organizations in Mexico, Canada, France and Spain, among others.

Since 1997 he has fronted the program Tercer Milenio, which is aired on Mexico's Gala TV network.

Unfortunately, he has let it go to his head which is empty of logic, reason and common sense. He can be had and has been. A good mind gone bad.

Sort of like Richard Hoagland!

edit on 07/03/2016 by klassless because: To correct format.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join