It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUFON Symposium in Florida Aug 26-28 -- any reports?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Any news from this weekend's symposium?

www.mufonsymposium.com...

I was particularly interested in Paola-Harris' paper

She wrote: "Several astronauts from many different countries have made definitive statements about the possible presence of extraterrestrial life. We will examine this expert witness testimony which has always been one of the benchmarks of responsible UFO research."

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg
"definitive statements about the possible presence of extraterrestrial life."

Heh.

Gosh.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Heh.

Gosh.

hey man,

what's wrong with definitely stating something that's possible?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: facedye

Not a thing.
But when someone says "It's definitely possible that it can't be"... now what?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Not a thing.

That's just a longer way of saying maybe.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

"Maybe" does not make good press.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

She wrote: "Several astronauts from many different countries have made definitive statements about the possible presence of extraterrestrial life. We will examine this expert witness testimony which has always been one of the benchmarks of responsible UFO research."

It is obvious from her history that she specializes in promoting questionable people and must be a believer as she is not a muckraker. On her website she admits:

In 1997, Ms. Harris met and interviewed Col. Philip Corso in Roswell, New Mexico and became a personal friend and confidante. She was instrumental in having his book The Day After Roswell, for which she wrote the preface, translated into Italian.

And we know where Corso is at.

She promotes Dr. Michael Salla and his Exopolitics Institute

And we know where Salla is at.

And on, and on. She doesn't sound to me like a trusted source for truth. If she reports the same stuff we've heard, without veering from what she is told that does not depend on beliefs but factual information, it might make for interesting reading. But then who's going to be the judge of truth in the various testimonies?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
She did some excellent interviews with Clark McClelland, serious contributions to understandings his real background. So I always look forward to her original contributions.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Interesting essay by the MUFON director on the best cases -- all many, many years ago.
www.mufon.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Not a thing.

lol my hard sarcasm needs a better landing.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Oy, you guys - I know y'all mean well and stuff. But has either of you been at that conference? Seems to me y'all are waaaaaaay off topic here

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If there were a truth symposium about UAP
where the speakers could only disclose truth
and not omit a thing, I'd listen to;

Richard B Cheney
Col. John Alexander
Dr Ted Nye
Jim Oberg

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Video of the Press meet & greet given by this years speakers , Paola Harris @ 7.40.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: klassless

It is obvious from her history that she specializes in promoting questionable people and must be a believer as she is not a muckraker. On her website she admits:

In 1997, Ms. Harris met and interviewed Col. Philip Corso in Roswell, New Mexico and became a personal friend and confidante. She was instrumental in having his book The Day After Roswell, for which she wrote the preface, translated into Italian.

And we know where Corso is at.

She promotes Dr. Michael Salla and his Exopolitics Institute

And we know where Salla is at.

And on, and on. She doesn't sound to me like a trusted source for truth. If she reports the same stuff we've heard, without veering from what she is told that does not depend on beliefs but factual information, it might make for interesting reading. But then who's going to be the judge of truth in the various testimonies?

We do all know where Corso is. Underneath the full might of the multi million dollar annual military budget to squash anyone who steps outside their disinformation efforts, to keep the public unaware of their agenda with respect to the classified subject of UFO's and alien life.
But don't admit this here because you will be ridiculed to death.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Heh.

Gosh.

All things must start somewhere. Perhaps open your mind and contribute something positive or even intelligent to the post instead of a slick shill one-liner as you so often do on this subject!
Definitive
edit on 29-8-2016 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

Heh.

Gosh.

All things must start somewhere. Perhaps open your mind and contribute something positive or even intelligent to the post instead of a slick shill one-liner as you so often do on this subject!
Definitive

I think you are missing the point. When you say something is "definitely possible", I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone to disagree with you as most things are definitely possible. Some things are even certainly possible but that's another thread.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

If you could have advised her, which of those statements do you find particularly definitive?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Tjoran

"Maybe" does not make good press.

But then, again, maybe it does!

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Heh.

Gosh.

Definitive

You should follow your own advice as Phage's "slick shill one-liner" was right on. Sometimes one word speaks volumes.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

She did some excellent interviews with Clark McClelland, serious contributions to understandings his real background. So I always look forward to her original contributions.

You put in a good word for her but anyone who visits her website and see the crap she posts will not care if once in a while she scores, as you say with McClellan. What if someone such as you, intelligent and knowledgeable, interviewed McClellan, would the results be superior to hers?

Quotes from her awful website:
She claims to be "an investigative reporter in the field of extraterrestrial related phenomena research." Who could give her any information?

and has interviewed many top military witnesses concerning their involvement in the government truth embargo.

IOW, a conspiracist.

Thinks Vatican's top slaves can provide useful info:

She is a close friend of Monsignor Padre Corrado Balducci and assisted in filming the Italian witnesses, including the Monsignor, for the Disclosure Project for the May 9, 2001 press conference.

She was instrumental in bringing to Italy Robert Dean, Dr. Steven Greer, Linda Moulton Howe, Dr. Richard Boylan, Russell Targ, Travis Walton, Derrell Sims, Helmut Lamner, Michael Lindemann, Nick Pope, Bill Hamilton, Ryan Wood, Carlos Diaz and Dr. John Mack.

Look up those names. UFOlogy's jokesters!

Paola Leopizzi Harris? No, thanks.

edit on 07/03/2016 by klassless because: To correct grammar.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join